• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura discusses unlocking KINGDOM HEARTS 3's secret ending and future simultaneous releases

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: Nomura discusses unlocking KINGDOM HEARTS 3's secret ending and future simultaneous releases

KH3 is just Nomura’s diss track to Tabata, pass it on.

Anyways, we have updated our article to reflect Famitsu’s edit of their article. After a bit of sleuthing by us (just watching a bunch of streams lol), it has been found that Critical is not in KH3 after you beat the game. It’s weird.

That is both strange and unfortunate. Maybe they think there’s enough ways to customize your playthroughs that it isn’t necessary? But I personally prefer more difficulty without giving up abilities and such like Critical offers.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Re: Nomura discusses unlocking KINGDOM HEARTS 3's secret ending and future simultaneous releases

Maybe Proud is actually difficult this time?
Or maybe Critical will be part of the "free downloadable content" he mentioned.

Actually, a lot of games recently have been patching in harder difficulties. Odd trend.

mytomxxx

Not having critical is really weird, kinda sad...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Not having critical is really weird, kinda sad...

It's certainly out of the ordinary for a KH game but like Echo said, it's actually pretty common these days. God of War and Spider-Man both got difficulty patches after release.

Awards

I still think they will have a Final Mix release for the game later this year or early next year.

New bosses and secret bosses, Critical, 0.2. attatched to the game... etc etc etc

the red monster

Awards

I still think they will have a Final Mix release for the game later this year or early next year.

New bosses and secret bosses, Critical, 0.2. attatched to the game... etc etc etc

Please yes at the 0.2 part.
i need it

maximumlight8

Awards

I hope KH3 DLC is not behind a paywall to play through crit.

mriku90

Awards

I believe Nomura mentioned that the only reason they had FM releases was because back then there were not ways to add in new content aside from putting the game out again entirely. Back then DLC was not a thing and it surely was not the thing it is today. I'm not sure a FM would work.

I could see the entire series be updated once again for next gen and hopefully it's just the entire series on one collection although hopefully PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 games so it would not be necessary.

I agree with what he's saying, I'd rather him focus on the next part of the KH saga then waste a year adding DLC ala FFXV.

SoulXaldin

Awards

The whole situation regarding the leaks, albeit unfortunate, was put on a much higher scale than it should have been. Some people who are hardcore KH fans or YouTubers (not saying its any of you guys; I’m sure you’re sensible), thought that the leak was the end of the world and that who ever did this should’ve gone to jail (although he did, but for other unrelated reasons). Like, seriously? It’s a VIDEO GAME. KH3 is a is like any other video game or product. There’s no need to get so vindictive about a video game. Am I saying that I would’ve wanted the game to be leaked? Absolutely not! But people really need to get their priorities in check.

With regards to DLC, I would prefer if they just made one big package and called it “KH3: Final Mix” with a whole bunch of new content and price at like $30 as opposed to like individual release because I’d rather play a whole new experience then do everything in short bursts. But that’s just me :/

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I believe Nomura mentioned that the only reason they had FM releases was because back then there were not ways to add in new content aside from putting the game out again entirely. Back then DLC was not a thing and it surely was not the thing it is today. I'm not sure a FM would work.

GOTY and “complete” editions of individual installments are a thing that get released with extreme frequency these days so I’m not sure what you are talking about. SE just released World of Final Fantasy Maxima this year, a project that Nomura serves as a producer on.

I’m not sure if you were around during the years between KH2 and KH3, but Nomura often said they wouldn’t do something and then would turn around and do it. coded was never coming to the west and they never had plans for it, then they went ahead and made Re:coded. Nomura frequently stated they weren’t making any project or story about Aqua, and we even interviewed Nomura on the prospect of that during the 2.5 launch event and he reiterated that it wasn’t in the cards. 2.8 happened not too many years after that. He’s said no to there being potential remasters, ports, FM updates, and they almost always happen. I think the only time he was consistent was when he said they had no intentions of making a FM for KH3D on the 3DS.

Nomura’s talking out of his ass like usual and if there isn’t an FM physical release next year, I’ll eat crow.

mriku90

Awards

I could see a FM coming in the form of the entire collection on the PS5 if PS5 doesn't do backwards compatibility but he did say in this interview he would rather focus on the next title aka KH4 or wherever Sora and co go post KH3 then give year long DLC.

Awards

GOTY and “complete” editions of individual installments are a thing that get released with extreme frequency these days so I’m not sure what you are talking about. SE just released World of Final Fantasy Maxima this year, a project that Nomura serves as a producer on.

I’m not sure if you were around during the years between KH2 and KH3, but Nomura often said they wouldn’t do something and then would turn around and do it. coded was never coming to the west and they never had plans for it, then they went ahead and made Re:coded. Nomura frequently stated they weren’t making any project or story about Aqua, and we even interviewed Nomura on the prospect of that during the 2.5 launch event and he reiterated that it wasn’t in the cards. 2.8 happened not too many years after that. He’s said no to there being potential remasters, ports, FM updates, and they almost always happen. I think the only time he was consistent was when he said they had no intentions of making a FM for KH3D on the 3DS.

Nomura’s talking out of his ass like usual and if there isn’t an FM physical release next year, I’ll eat crow.

Oh there definitely will be some type of FM release. It will probably be treated like FFXV Royal Edition. With a DLC pack and a physical release including the entire game and DLC. I’m sure that would also be the version released for Switch.

And also, when coded was originally announced, didnt he say it was being made with western fans in mind? When he said coded wasn’t going to be released in the west, I think that’s because they already had plans for Re:coded. He said later on they considered WiiWare, but felt that a full remake was a better idea.

AayriSolassa

I really don't understand how not doing a simultaneous worldwide release would fix anything; if nothing else, won't this encourage leakers since there'll be a much longer gap between releases?

drew0512

Awards

I really don't understand how not doing a simultaneous worldwide release would fix anything; if nothing else, won't this encourage leakers since there'll be a much longer gap between releases?

Thing is: Nomura only cares about Japan. Or at least he doesn't care about the rest of the world that much. Japan got spoiled because of the "almost" worldwide release (that's how he sees it) so he thinksthat a delayed worldwide release could be the solution, ignoring the fact that leaks also happen in Japan, but whatever.

mytomxxx

Hope you guys are right, I'm expecting some kind of FM as well, I doubt nomura will not put the next villain as a boss in this game if he is so excited about kh4.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Oh there definitely will be some type of FM release. It will probably be treated like FFXV Royal Edition. With a DLC pack and a physical release including the entire game and DLC. I’m sure that would also be the version released for Switch.

And also, when coded was originally announced, didnt he say it was being made with western fans in mind? When he said coded wasn’t going to be released in the west, I think that’s because they already had plans for Re:coded. He said later on they considered WiiWare, but felt that a full remake was a better idea.

No, coded was specifically made for Japan. It was only available on a very pricy at the time DoCoMo phone. DoCoMo phones aren’t even a thing in the west. They never really planned on anything to remedy the reach for it even in Japan.

https://www.khinsider.com/news/Re-Riplai-Interviews-Translated-795

I’d say it wasn’t too long after that interview that they began to consider a port because later in 2010 before Re:coded’s announcement, Jun Kato mentioned how he wished they could get the game to more people (which was him teasing about the DS port)

http://www.khinsider.com/content/view/1342/339/

When Re:coded came into existence, it was made with all audiences in mind because of how inaccessible that phone was.

https://www.khinsider.com/news/3D-Interview-Re-coded-Ultimania-Sales-Figures-Site-Revamp-1785

Nomura probably wasn’t thinking about the west when this decision was made to port it lol but it sounded better to say that.

Back