• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura discusses unlocking KINGDOM HEARTS 3's secret ending and future simultaneous releases

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KHFan91

Re: Nomura discusses unlocking KINGDOM HEARTS 3�s secret ending and future simultaneous releases

*me, reading this interview, immediately engaging the process of taking it the wrong way*

I'm grateful for the leaks, sounds like Nomura's just being salty about the fact that the distribution for this game was handled as poorly as the story was.

Anyhow, sounds like fans should really stop hedging their bets on a DLC rescue patch for this game, Nomura doesn't sound too eager about it which means he probably doesn't see or understand where and what the prominent faults in the game are. Not that I think DLC would be a great solution and there are things that can't be fixed, but I guess that boils down to Nomura being an "old man" or whatever.
Nomura's only 48 (soon to be 49), and that isn't old.

wwinterj

Re: Nomura discusses unlocking KINGDOM HEARTS 3's secret ending and future simultaneous releases

Blah. I'd wager a World Wide release would be better all around. People get copies early of games all the time and at least that way everyone will be playing in the same ball park in avoiding spoilers and waiting for the game to come out. Going back to Japan getting a game even more early just makes it harder for the rest of the world to avoid spoilers. Mind you maybe he doesn't care about that.

Aestuo

Re: Nomura discusses unlocking KINGDOM HEARTS 3's secret ending and future simultaneous releases

Popping in with a what might be unpopular thoughts but hear me out and crucify me later.

1. As for his comments on releases, I really don't see what the big deal is. Maybe it's the patience in me but we get em when we get em. I can see why he would be upset because this guy put a lot into the series. I mean it was his first big project, his first in the director's chair. One could say it was a bit of a passion project and a bold one at that. Can you really blame him for being hurt. He worked on it thinking of us after being taken off it after KH2 and being put on FFXV. I don't even think he has final say on distribution and release. That's more than likely higher on the food chain. But like I said I don't see the big deal. We get em when we get em. Maybe we'll get them earlier, maybe a week later, maybe a month. I can wait.

2. I think it was a distributor thing more than anything. I mean it is easier to ship something in a city than worldwide. It's out of your hands and anything can happen. This series is a gold mine, Money maker. People are hopping on Ebay paying buku bucks for it instead of waiting a few days. I can easily drink some NyQuil and or a few brews and Tuesday would come in the snap of a finger. I don't really care that it leaked, ish happens, but the part that bugs is that it becomes free work. Maybe I'm thinking of this weirdly but it's like commissioning an artist and paying them by exposure and then selling the piece for a lot of money. Granted they got paid they're employees but low profits means cuts and things snowball their. Yeah they are gonna make their money but I guess for me it's a principal thing. No matter how small or big. But yeah I'm not surprised on the amount of information he knows or doesn't because I don't know much nor do I care and I'm sure he doesn't know much more than what he is told and is just acting through principal.

3. Final mixes releases, oh boy. Well I don't care. We get treated nicely when it comes to those too. Now this is 2 different companies and a different time period but I'm sure it still stands up. When Pokemon Red & Green came out=Japan only. A "final mix" came out, was released globally as Pokemon Red & Blue. Better designs and all that. See it yet? We had the good end of the releases before as well as bad ends when it came to Japanese games. It's not like we purposely get shafted, it's a business after it gets created and come to releases. Yeah KH 1 came out world wide it still was a gamble because while it had Disney backing it just seemed so far fetched a concept. I remember the quarter handful of game friends I had laughed at me when I was excited about it. But hey it became a hit. And even then our version was a more complete version of the Japan release. I mean they didn't even have A Night on the Bare Mountain (arrangement of A Night on Bald Mountain) as Chernabog battle theme. It was Squirming Evil, that's like a no-no, like a you don't wash your hands after you use the bathroom no-no. Just no. Granted Final Mix offered a little more on top of what we got but this is pre-DLC possibility. So I wouldn't call it so huge. I can see this is an unpopular train of thought of I'm sticking by it. Plus times are changing constantly so I'm not too worried on how this would work going forward in terms of video gaming as a whole.
*Note: KHUX is a whole other story. I think it's more on it's just being taken serious as it should be. I feel most fault lies with BitGroove as they seem to handle the game mostly. Sure SE is there but all focus is on the main console rather than the small mobile game. That being said, I do give fault to SE for choosing BitGroove because well you pick someone to do a job, you expect them to be able to do it without needing you to look over their shoulder. That's just bad management. I'll wait and see how it is after KH3 release for I say they didn't care because looking back things slowly started coming to a halt when KH3 started getting full gear into momentum. Especially after the engine change.

4. I don't care who itted on which character. Kairai, Sora, Namine, Roxas, Riku, whatever. It's not my story to tell. It's his story. That's like getting livid on J.K Rowling on the Harry Potter series over how some events turned out in book 4 and calling it bad. Like at least finish the series, give it a reread if you liked it but it confused you in some aspects, then give it a final say. This is just like a chapter in a big book. I'll wait till I'm old and in diapers playing (well making my grand kids play) the final game before I decide how did they do.

5. I like what I've read so far, The secret ending download was a smart move that I discussed 2 years back with a friend on keeping overall stories in game series spoiler free and it's cool that it's being used. I realized this is just me reading and responding to comments. I can't wait for the game and I'm impressed on what has been made and I look forward to whatever change come what may.

I do hope Nomura finds the time to take the break he needs. Iwata has passed away and that still hurts. Sakurai pushed through health problems to complete smash. Making these things aren't easy. The last thing I want to do is rush and put pressure, shade, salt and mood on someone who influenced me so well when I was young. Someone who is still moving that one kid right there whose just like at that age. Sitting in awe and wonder. Because the world isn't a happy place right now, but I'm glad we can try and make it so.

If this is too much feel free to delete. I just needed to take a breath I guess

KHFan91

Popping in with a what might be unpopular thoughts but hear me out and crucify me later.

1. As for his comments on releases, I really don't see what the big deal is. Maybe it's the patience in me but we get em when we get em. I can see why he would be upset because this guy put a lot into the series. I mean it was his first big project, his first in the director's chair. One could say it was a bit of a passion project and a bold one at that. Can you really blame him for being hurt. He worked on it thinking of us after being taken off it after KH2 and being put on FFXV. I don't even think he has final say on distribution and release. That's more than likely higher on the food chain. But like I said I don't see the big deal. We get em when we get em. Maybe we'll get them earlier, maybe a week later, maybe a month. I can wait.

2. I think it was a distributor thing more than anything. I mean it is easier to ship something in a city than worldwide. It's out of your hands and anything can happen. This series is a gold mine, Money maker. People are hopping on Ebay paying buku bucks for it instead of waiting a few days. I can easily drink some NyQuil and or a few brews and Tuesday would come in the snap of a finger. I don't really care that it leaked, ish happens, but the part that bugs is that it becomes free work. Maybe I'm thinking of this weirdly but it's like commissioning an artist and paying them by exposure and then selling the piece for a lot of money. Granted they got paid they're employees but low profits means cuts and things snowball their. Yeah they are gonna make their money but I guess for me it's a principal thing. No matter how small or big. But yeah I'm not surprised on the amount of information he knows or doesn't because I don't know much nor do I care and I'm sure he doesn't know much more than what he is told and is just acting through principal.

3. Final mixes releases, oh boy. Well I don't care. We get treated nicely when it comes to those too. Now this is 2 different companies and a different time period but I'm sure it still stands up. When Pokemon Red & Green came out=Japan only. A "final mix" came out, was released globally as Pokemon Red & Blue. Better designs and all that. See it yet? We had the good end of the releases before as well as bad ends when it came to Japanese games. It's not like we purposely get shafted, it's a business after it gets created and come to releases. Yeah KH 1 came out world wide it still was a gamble because while it had Disney backing it just seemed so far fetched a concept. I remember the quarter handful of game friends I had laughed at me when I was excited about it. But hey it became a hit. And even then our version was a more complete version of the Japan release. I mean they didn't even have A Night on the Bare Mountain (arrangement of A Night on Bald Mountain) as Chernabog battle theme. It was Squirming Evil, that's like a no-no, like a you don't wash your hands after you use the bathroom no-no. Just no. Granted Final Mix offered a little more on top of what we got but this is pre-DLC possibility. So I wouldn't call it so huge. I can see this is an unpopular train of thought of I'm sticking by it. Plus times are changing constantly so I'm not too worried on how this would work going forward in terms of video gaming as a whole.
*Note: KHUX is a whole other story. I think it's more on it's just being taken serious as it should be. I feel most fault lies with BitGroove as they seem to handle the game mostly. Sure SE is there but all focus is on the main console rather than the small mobile game. That being said, I do give fault to SE for choosing BitGroove because well you pick someone to do a job, you expect them to be able to do it without needing you to look over their shoulder. That's just bad management. I'll wait and see how it is after KH3 release for I say they didn't care because looking back things slowly started coming to a halt when KH3 started getting full gear into momentum. Especially after the engine change.

4. I don't care who itted on which character. Kairai, Sora, Namine, Roxas, Riku, whatever. It's not my story to tell. It's his story. That's like getting livid on J.K Rowling on the Harry Potter series over how some events turned out in book 4 and calling it bad. Like at least finish the series, give it a reread if you liked it but it confused you in some aspects, then give it a final say. This is just like a chapter in a big book. I'll wait till I'm old and in diapers playing (well making my grand kids play) the final game before I decide how did they do.

5. I like what I've read so far, The secret ending download was a smart move that I discussed 2 years back with a friend on keeping overall stories in game series spoiler free and it's cool that it's being used. I realized this is just me reading and responding to comments. I can't wait for the game and I'm impressed on what has been made and I look forward to whatever change come what may.

I do hope Nomura finds the time to take the break he needs. Iwata has passed away and that still hurts. Sakurai pushed through health problems to complete smash. Making these things aren't easy. The last thing I want to do is rush and put pressure, shade, salt and mood on someone who influenced me so well when I was young. Someone who is still moving that one kid right there whose just like at that age. Sitting in awe and wonder. Because the world isn't a happy place right now, but I'm glad we can try and make it so.

If this is too much feel free to delete. I just needed to take a breath I guess
That was nicely said there.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Nomura discusses unlocking KINGDOM HEARTS 3�s secret ending and future simultaneous releases

Nomura's only 48 (soon to be 49), and that isn't old.

They mean that there is a divide between his tastes in storytelling and our tastes in storytelling as young adults to people in our 30s. His sensibilities and views are much different, which color his approach to storytelling.

It’ll make more sense what they mean when the game releases. I agree with them 100%, though.

Meelow

Awards

It's distressing to hear Nomura considering going back to the dark ages of early Japanese release just because of this incident. I myself can't fathom the idea of going back to having to be in this self-imposed blackout period for months just so Japan can have first crack. I'm disappointed in Nomura's attitude towards his Western fanbase (particularly since 60% of this franchise is based around Western animation), but I suppose I shouldn't be totally dumbfounded. Nomura, after all, is Japanese, and the Japanese have a very racist attitude towards foreigners, particularly Westerners. They see us as "other" and lesser than they are. So, it's not unrealistic that Nomura would bear stereotypical views about all Western people and paint us with broad strokes just because of the actions of a degenerate few.
All that being said, I am nonetheless elated to hear how much simpler it will be to unlock the secret ending in this game. I've always thought the secret endings were traditionally too difficult or cumbersome to unlock in the older KH games for people who just want to play on easier game modes. KH II was probably the worst offense—if you wanted the ending, and you were playing on Standard, you had to basically do EVERYthing, even beating all the Coliseum tournaments with high scores. It was a bit ridiculous. But I'm glad to see he's toned it down. The secret endings are, after all, some of the best stuff in any KH game, and most gamers should be afforded the opportunity to view it.

That's not right to say. I lived in Japan for 6 and a half months and I got nothing but respect from Japanese people, they loved the fact that I was learning their language and becoming custom to the culture there. Tons of people I met even said amazing things about Canada (my home country) and how they really wanted to visit Canada one day.

Nomura is just being very old fashioned and it's something he needs to fix or Square Enix will have to fix it.

Aestuo

Oh dude I got the same love too. Sure they can be harsh but overall they are very loving nature people. I miss living there. great 2 an half years of my life.

Aestuo

Thank you and thank you for reading it :)

mriku90

Awards

*me, reading this interview, immediately engaging the process of taking it the wrong way*

I'm grateful for the leaks, sounds like Nomura's just being salty about the fact that the distribution for this game was handled as poorly as the story was.

Anyhow, sounds like fans should really stop hedging their bets on a DLC rescue patch for this game, Nomura doesn't sound too eager about it which means he probably doesn't see or understand where and what the prominent faults in the game are. Not that I think DLC would be a great solution and there are things that can't be fixed, but I guess that boils down to Nomura being an "old man" or whatever.

Faults to whom? You whom has not played it? Yup that makes total sense.

Meanwhile the game has gotten critical acclaim from literally every review outlet aside from one that only played 1 and 2 so her opinion is irrelevant.

Last edited:

k99y77

Awards

there are better ways to deal with leaks, just give enemies infinite HP which will make progressing through the game impossible, and the only way to disable the infinite health is downloading and installing the day 1 patch.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Faults to whom? You whom has not played it? Meanwhile the game has gotten critical acclaim from literally every review outlet aside from one that only played 1 and 2 so her opinion is null.

Her opinion is as valid as the rest. I don’t agree with her sentiments and would never agree with her but it isn’t an invalid review just because she didn’t play the other games. It’s the same for a lot of players so her views aren’t the views of a minority. It’s a reality that needs to be accepted rather than quickly invalidated.

Alexis has been very negative about KH3 and I don’t agree with them on like most of what they said about the game, but I don’t think their opinion is invalid, either.

Perhaps I am also jaded at this point (and it’s a great thing I’m not the one who is reviewing KH3 for that fact alone), but it is perfectly okay if people don’t think KH3 is perfect or good based on their own views and ideals. This game is going to be very divisive for the fandom and we all knew this since 2013.

Also, reviews don’t matter to most fans. Fans have a different relationship with the franchise compared to a lot of reviewers. They are free to have different views than reviewers, regardless if they are positive or negative views.

SoulXaldin

Awards

Bet the secret boss is DLC, too.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Her opinion is as valid as the rest. I don’t agree with her sentiments and would never agree with her but it isn’t an invalid review just because she didn’t play the other games. It’s the same for a lot of players so her views aren’t the views of a minority. It’s a reality that needs to be accepted rather than quickly invalidated.

Alexis has been very negative about KH3 and I don’t agree with them on like most of what they said about the game, but I don’t think their opinion is invalid, either.

Perhaps I am also jaded at this point (and it’s a great thing I’m not the one who is reviewing KH3 for that fact alone), but it is perfectly okay if people don’t think KH3 is perfect or good based on their own views and ideals. This game is going to be very divisive for the fandom and we all knew this since 2013.

Also, reviews don’t matter to most fans. Fans have a different relationship with the franchise compared to a lot of reviewers. They are free to have different views than reviewers, regardless if they are positive or negative views.

This. I don’t see people saying that CNET review is invalid despite the reviewer being a total newcomer... And I’m sure that’s because they gave the game a positive review. It sucks to see anyone not enjoying the game, but they aren’t invalid for expressing their displeasure regardless of how many people disagree. I’m sure there are some people who will agree with her sentiments.

Aestuo

Faults to whom? You whom has not played it? Yup that makes total sense.

Meanwhile the game has gotten critical acclaim from literally every review outlet aside from one that only played 1 and 2 so her opinion is irrelevant.
Wait who was that 1 review?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Y'know, back when Nomura was throwing shade at FINAL FANTASY XV, I thought it was funny.

Now I just think he's bitter that someone else got a hold of his project, and had to chop it up and rebrand it.

Now I find his FFXV remarks unprofessional, but on point.

And his anti-west comments are not as bad as they seem. They're worse. It was Nomura's natural response. It's in his nature to think that.

It's a shame, though. He's a brilliant man, but he seems to be too much into himself. Too much Nomura is what basically derailed KH's writing during the KH and CoM's days, to... Convulation.

But in all seriousness, I'm eager for KH3. Hopefully the people that understand business in SE and KH's dev team don't write business decisions as the director writes his convulated mess.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Wait who was that 1 review?

Polygon. If there is any other outlet that dislikes KH more than everybody at IGN except Dornbush, it’s Polygon.

mriku90

Awards

Polygon. If there is any other outlet that dislikes KH more than everybody at IGN except Dornbush, it’s Polygon.

TBH I wouldn't have given them a review code and given it to another person. They're review was laughable on the verge of just being controversial for a click.

Aestuo

Oh Ok I'm going to give it read then. I don't think I ever heard anything about KH there. I been coming here since forever for my KH news

NamelessHeart

Awards

Interesting interview Nomura-san

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

Awards

Coming soon Kingdom Hearts Coded 2: Let's have Sora kill leakers, hackers, and common thieves in place of Heartless.

Back