• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura discusses unlocking KINGDOM HEARTS 3's secret ending and future simultaneous releases

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: Nomura discusses unlocking KINGDOM HEARTS 3’s secret ending and future simultaneous releases

I think nomura is just upset right now about it, I do think cooler heads will prevail in the end.

Zul

Awards
Re: Nomura discusses unlocking KINGDOM HEARTS 3’s secret ending and future simultaneous releases

When a thief steals something, you blame the thief. At worst, the store's lack of security in shipping & packaging can also be blameworthy. Punishing millions of customers on account of this is asinine. Thankfully handling release dates is more assigned to the producer than an project director, but it's an absurd statement nonetheless.

KH3 spoilers
I would say "give him a chance to cool down" but I already gave him 12 years for a non-shit tier implementation of Kairi so....

mytomxxx

Dumb move Nomura, dumb move...

Awards

Honestly, what’s the difference between someone stealing a copy and leaking stuff and Japan getting the game months ahead of the rest of the world and the international fanbase being pontentially spoiled by that?

He’s gonna get SO much backlash from this and he will obviously backpeddle and say his words were misunderstood. Watch.

Writer_Man

Awards
Re: Nomura discusses unlocking KINGDOM HEARTS 3�s secret ending and future simultaneous releases

I mean, Nomura has a right to be upset by this. Remember, this isn't their first leak by the western side - FFXV was leaked like six months in advance, Monster's Inc was leaked, the concert trailer was leaked, and there was also the leak with the behind the scenes of Tangled they show. Not to mention that one demo they didn't want leaked with the new area of Hercules that ended up cancelling the event.

Just about every leak and dishonesty they deal with comes from the western side so I can see why he's lost some good faith here.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Re: Nomura discusses unlocking KINGDOM HEARTS 3�s secret ending and future simultaneous releases

Nomura being like - Those damn gaijins!

In all seriousness, this is such a stupid attitude to have. Fans waited over a decade for the next numbered title. Square kept saying for months the game would come out in 2018 and then they delayed it to 2019, because it wasn't the "right time" to release it. So what they do?! Two months before the release date they publicly announce development is finished and start shipping copies to distribution centers, while expecting that not a single person finds a way to steal a copy...What could ever go wrong?!

Other thing I'm not liking is Nomura ignoring now the efforts the community did to keep the spoilers restrained from fans who didn't want to get spoiled.

Theft is not a right thing to do, but Square did some stupid stuff to make it happen. Other companies also do simultaneous releases. Nomura will have to find a more logical reasoning to screw up the western fanbase. KH3 doesn't even have a proper simultaneous release. The game is officially out in Japan and we still have to wait more days. What's the logic here?! They can spoil us, but we can't spoil them?!

I hope they act smarter when KH4 comes out in 2031. I mean 2032, because in the beginning of development they will lose one year of development changing engines and redo everything again.

Last edited:

kaseykockroach

Awards

Where's Jill when you need her? She is the master of unlocking things!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I mean, Nomura has a right to be upset by this. Remember, this isn't their first leak by the western side - FFXV was leaked like six months in advance, Monster's Inc was leaked, the concert trailer was leaked, and there was also the leak with the behind the scenes of Tangled they show. Not to mention that one demo they didn't want leaked with the new area of Hercules that ended up cancelling the event.

Just about every leak and dishonesty they deal with comes from the western side so I can see why he's lost some good faith here.

FFXV was not his concern so what happened to that should not influence his feelings now. XV was leaked by a disgruntled ex-staff member, not some random person on the internet.

Monsters Inc leaked because Square Enix was not smart enough to make their FTP password-locked so that is all on them. They know people would be scoping out their various domains and looking for holes to access. Who doesn’t lock down their FTP containing sensitive and confidential data with a password? I don’t care if it was being used for data sharing between firms. Share the access information. Don’t just open it up without a password.

The concert trailer was unfortunate and the person who did it apologized profusely and was on a temporary blacklist for it, so it wasn’t as though there weren’t consequences for it.

That demo was not leaked. It was a glitch and people could end up in the area by accident. That again is SE’s fault and they overreacted by ruining it for everybody else because they messed up.

Trust me when I say there have been far similar things done by Japanese fans back in the Closed Theater days. Games from the KH series have leaked in Japan before but you never heard Nomura deciding to screw them over on their release.

Nomura has the right to be upset, but he’s blaming the wrong people for this.

Awards

Maybe he's talking about distribution. As in, rethinking when they send the game copies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Literally every second paragraph in this thread acknowledged that Nomura has a right to be upset or angry, that isn't the point.

The point is that he is venting his anger at the wrong address and that is not okay no matter how justified the anger itself is.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Maybe he's talking about distribution. As in, rethinking when they send the game copies.

“This incident proved that worldwide simultaneous releases are highly risky, and I feel obligated to reconsider them for any titles I am involved with in the future, at least for physical editions.”

That isn’t what he is saying at all.

Awards

“This incident proved that worldwide simultaneous releases are highly risky, and I feel obligated to reconsider them for any titles I am involved with in the future, at least for physical editions.”

That isn’t what he is saying at all.
61IwNTw0fCL._SY355_.png

never mind then.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Re: Nomura discusses unlocking KINGDOM HEARTS 3's secret ending and future simultaneous releases

Then we should take the Jill sandwich to Remy for his next recipe!

Awards
Re: Nomura discusses unlocking KINGDOM HEARTS 3's secret ending and future simultaneous releases

Literally every second paragraph in this thread acknowledged that Nomura has a right to be upset or angry, that isn't the point.

The point is that he is venting his anger at the wrong address and that is not okay no matter how justified the anger itself is.

His anger is only justifiable in terms of the leak itself. But seriously, it’s funny that he’s acting like someone in Japan couldn’t have stolen a copy and leaked it. Shit happens. But to blame it on the fact that the western and Japanese release is simultaneous is just ridiculous. He doesn’t have the right to imply he’s mad about the spoilers, because if Japan got the game months ahead of the rest of the world, people outside of Japan could be spoiled from that version....

So just to clarify, he does have the right to be mad over someone stealing a copy and leaking it, because that is a f**ked up thing. But he shouldn’t be mad about spoilers. That’s just making him sound like he only cares about the Japanese fans. And let’s be real, KH would not be on the level of success it is without the western fanbase.

saintfighteraqua

Awards

I really don't think Square or Disney will allow him to go back to the old days. It's just money lost since people in the west will now just watch the game on YouTube and then skip it completely. Not fans, of course, but enough people would that it could dig into sales.

Plus, I'm sure many of you are right and he's being emotional from feeling betrayed or maybe we're even reading his words with the wrong intent.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Nomura’s really gonna put Sora through the ringer in KH4 to punish us for the leaks.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

This should make me happy because I love their friendship, but all I feel is disgust because I know the delusional shippers will take it the wrong way. They've ruined all the wonderful friendships in KH.
*me, reading this interview, immediately engaging the process of taking it the wrong way*

I'm grateful for the leaks, sounds like Nomura's just being salty about the fact that the distribution for this game was handled as poorly as the story was.

Anyhow, sounds like fans should really stop hedging their bets on a DLC rescue patch for this game, Nomura doesn't sound too eager about it which means he probably doesn't see or understand where and what the prominent faults in the game are. Not that I think DLC would be a great solution and there are things that can't be fixed, but I guess that boils down to Nomura being an "old man" or whatever.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards

LMAO, all the japanese cutscenes up to Frozen are already on youtube.
If the uploader keeps up the pace, he/she may not even need another entire day.

Last edited:
Back