• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura discusses Kingdom Hearts 4, Missing-Link, and Dark Road in extended Famitsu interview

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I bet we get a Star Wars: Rise of the Skywalker twist and it's revealed that Kairi is Master Xehanort's grand daughter. That would explain Kairi's grandmother knowing the story about the keyblade war - because she got it from Xehanort.

Awards
I bet we get a Star Wars: Rise of the Skywalker twist and it's revealed that Kairi is Master Xehanort's grand daughter. That would explain Kairi's grandmother knowing the story about the keyblade war - because she got it from Xehanort.
Why would that require MX being her grandpa

light2000

Awards
Someone was talking about ephemer traveling to the future but I don't think that is true because every time they do it the ark disappear but with ephemer it was still there Wich mean he didn't go anywhere

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Twewy's Shibuya is written in kanji like the real Shibuya. Quadratum's is written in katakana.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Why would that require MX being her grandpa
I'm just saying we'll probably get something crazy for Master Xehanort. The way that Nomura is talking about how he wants to explain even why Xehanort is bald, why not throw in something like "Xehanort is Kairi's grand father"? (not that I want that)

HakaishinChampa

Awards
That'd be horrible because Xehanort basically killed his own granddaughter

Chie

Awards
Twewy's Shibuya is written in kanji like the real Shibuya. Quadratum's is written in katakana.
This is not true, at least not within Kingdom Hearts. I don't know why people keep saying this.

In the Ultimania interview, Nomura spells this out quite explicitly, and time and time again people recount it as if they are from a different universe than me where they are seeing an interview that says the opposite.

Both Shibuyas mentioned in KH so far (if they are actually different) are written in katakana. Regardless of anything else, the spelling thing links them closer together, not farther apart.

sdr27

Awards
After watching some of NEO TWEWY, the writing is pretty solid, I didn't realize the writer also worked on FFXV too. It will be interesting what she brings to the table, especially where she has experience with death themes. I honestly feel like this arc will be split between the two realms. The main numbered titles will focus on Sora and Quadtraum and the "side games" will focus on the characters in the realm of light with Sora in some form occasionally crossing over (except for a Verum Rex side game.) I could be wrong too but this writer can handle multiple characters.

NoWay

Awards
I was wondering.. with Nomura saying they were deciding between Verum Rex and KH4 as the next mainline entry, does this mean KH4 won’t contain that much Yozora content? I was really hoping for the Quadratum game to be the game discussing Yozora and his Story

Awards
He read my posts lol. In early 2019 I hated Yozora and the Versus XIII stuff Nomura was trying to turn KH into. Even during Re Mind I was yelling at the tv to hyuck off with what was being shown.

I’ve mellowed and come around on Yozora and whatnot but I do not want a whole game of that.
I'm apathetic towards Yozora and his merry crew. That's unlikely to change in the near future.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I was wondering.. with Nomura saying they were deciding between Verum Rex and KH4 as the next mainline entry, does this mean KH4 won’t contain that much Yozora content? I was really hoping for the Quadratum game to be the game discussing Yozora and his Story
The Lost Masters Arc is an ongoing narrative thread that likely spans more than one game, the Yozora game can still co-exist after Kingdom Hearts IV.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
The Lost Masters Arc is an ongoing narrative thread that likely spans more than one game, the Yozora game can still co-exist after Kingdom Hearts IV.
Verum Rex will probably be the 358/2 Days of this arc.

Yozora will probably be in KH4 but most of his backstory won't be explained until Verum Rex

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Happy to hear their adding another scenario writer to the team. The writing in NEO:TWEWY was pretty enjoyable for me so I hope she can pick up the slack of the more recent games. Though there's no saying how much influence she'll have in the end.

I'm still not sure how to feel about the whole Missing-Link game, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I feel like the perspective we've gotten of everything has changed a lot in the years since UX first launched. I still don't know how to feel over DR's revelation that most worlds have just come back to being recently and don't really have centuries of history of existing separately. With the new revelation that ML takes place 4 Generations after Ephimire's rebuilding of the keyblade society makes me wonder how far in the past UX really was. Everything feels less spread-out then I personally would have wanted.

light2000

Awards
thinking about time passed the gods of olympus were probably alredy alive before the worlds were separeted and maybe king triton and that is why he had a problem with the keyblade

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
TWEWY’s Shibuya uses both, though. RG Shibuya is in kanji and Shibuya in katakana is meant to denote the UG. シブヤ is supposed to denote that it is the world of the dead/a different Shibuya from the regular one for all of these series. Back in the day it was misunderstood to be believed he was speaking of the TWEWY Shibuya but in fact it is just Nomura’s way of saying that the Shibuya we see is a different one from the real world one where people are alive.

the red monster

Awards
Sometimes i wonder if verum rex is actually gonna be part of the franchise, or entirely different thing, that will just have kingdom hearts crossover, the same way FF characters show up in KH.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Sometimes i wonder if verum rex is actually gonna be part of the franchise, or entirely different thing, that will just have kingdom hearts crossover, the same way FF characters show up in KH.
I believe Nomura is devious enough to pitch and greenlight his own new IP by hiding it in an existing one

Chie

Awards
I still don't know how to feel over DR's revelation that most worlds have just come back to being recently and don't really have centuries of history of existing separately. With the new revelation that ML takes place 4 Generations after Ephimire's rebuilding of the keyblade society makes me wonder how far in the past UX really was. Everything feels less spread-out then I personally would have wanted.
The drift here is both frustrating and interesting to me. Yeah, a lot of the premise of KH has been strongly called into question and not even through a shocking twist but just through somewhat confusing and casual revelations. But in a way, isn't the worlds not having real history closer to the truth? You can watch Aladdin in a DVD player over and over, and it will be the same every time; centuries worth of Agrabah history will never come into existence. A world is a story that plays out, and like a DVD, it can be replayed through memory (CoM), data (coded), prophetic illusion (X), or even its own dreams (DDD). But even if Sora's adventures in the world are slightly different, the base story he is modifying by interacting with it remains ultimately the same, and trends towards its same path.

You might call it the "world order".

The reason I kind of like this stuff is because I feel like it's implicit in KH from the beginning that this universe could never actually function as a bunch of planets in space sharing the same universe and rules. I feel inclined to list examples here but I'm sure everyone has already thought of numerous ones while playing the games. Yes, the illusion has been broken, but it was always an illusion, and now we are witnessing the falseness of reality itself.

Back