• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura discusses Keyblade Transformations, Tangled, KH3's ending progress and more with Famitsu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Nomura discusses Keyblade Transformations, Tangled, KH3's ending progress and more with Famitsu!

but its also said there not gone ether and nomura knows there is a huge fanbase that love the drive forms and even he himself he likes to make new cloths with ability's that must say something plus he is the director

He can like something but not actually implement it. There are a lot of systems going into KH3, and probably more stuff we have yet to even see. Some things will not make it in. We can only wait and see.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Re: Nomura discusses Keyblade Transformations, Tangled, KH3's ending progress and more with Famitsu

Famitsu said:
-- Also, the different variations of the Keyblade are very eye-catching in battle. Obtaining the true power of a master, is this the reason for these sudden amazing transformations?

Nomura: There will be a neat story that will explain about it. It is possible to do it in the beginning of the game. You can transform the Keyblade if conditions are met and there are several transformation stages. When Sora’s Keyblade has been changed into a particular form, you will be able to use its form specific abilities.

I wonder if this means that you will be able to meet the conditions early due to accessibility, the way you could merge powerful commands in BBS early on or by leveling the keyblade in Re:coded. Though the story elements he mentions suggest it could be more of a sidequest.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Re: Nomura discusses Keyblade Transformations, Tangled, KH3's ending progress and more with Famitsu

Ooh, glide will make a return with big open areas. So excited about all these news.
I kinda also hope that some of the more powerful spells from BBS and DDD might return somehow. Playing DDD again it is just so fun to wreck enemies with Meteor. Maybe you could get these spells trough Keyblade transformation, or just put them with the same space as normal spells?
The core of the combat returns to command menu, similar to KH1 and KHII two, right? One thing that Osaka team hasen`t quite mastered yet in my opinion(but I think they are coming close to it) is the feeling of KHI and KHII ground and air combos. The hit of the Keyblade feels really good on those games. If they manage to create that with overall movement and diversity from the BBS and DDD, KHIII might be the best game in the series. Also, the flinching of the enemies! That is one thing I miss from I and II.
I haven`t played Re:Coded, but the upgrade system sound really interesting.

The bosses of KHIII will be impressive! I played DDD a bit yesterday, and forgot how a amazing boss Hockey Monkey was. In BBS I was not sure if Osaka team was able to produce as fun bosses as in I and II, but DDD melted my fears away. Hockey Monkey is such an interesting fight. With Sora the area you fight him against is huge, and it is fun to navigate trough it. Also the attacks the boss uses are fun, scary and cartoon like.

bdc1bc9cfa25d2d999f174a7c7179daf53bda5b8.jpg__620x372_q85.jpg

Also in one point the boss breaks the arena where you fight against him, and Sora and the boss fall trough a glass roof, to different area. The battle dynamic changes because the layout of the map is different. Man, if they were able to create that with 3DS, imagine the scope of the fights with the power of Unreal Engine 4... Man I wanna see more!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Nomura discusses Keyblade Transformations, Tangled, KH3's ending progress and more with Famitsu!

You know, I've seen a lot of people make fun of Famitsu because of how they rate games, but their interviews always seem to be some of the most spot-on ones. Especially since this one actively and constantly acknowledges and references 3D. How many American articles kept talking about KH2 and only KH2?

Although Nomura just confirmed KH3 opening Xehanort is younger than 3D Xehanort. Which makes no sense. I just... what?

I'd say that is just the typical ignorance of western media and society in general. (and of course IGN is no way in hell to be taken as a reference as to how western media handle Kingdom Hearts ;P).
On the other hand though you also cannot forget that the japanese audience in general has access to more information like the Ultimanias and they are more favorable to handheld gaming too.

Err no, Nomura does not confirm that anywhere.
The only thing he does say is that
a) the events of this scene take place before the events of DDD, which is logical since DDD is the furthest into the timeline. When Nomura speaks about Young Xehanort appearing in DDD, he means the events taking place in the Realm of Sleep and the present, NOT the meeting between Young Xehanort and Ansem SoD on Destiny Islands.
b) he only states that Eraqus is younger than Xehanort. He does not say anything about Xehanort himself being younger than the Young Xehanort shown in DDD.

I find it interesting how they're adjusting the gameplay so that you can button mash or be more strategic if you choose to do so. It's so different in comparison to
the button-holding debacle of FFXV.
I find it pretty weird that they actually allow and encourage button-mashing.
Except in games designed for it like Dynasty Warriors, button-mashing should not get rewarded at all but get the player killed constantly as it requires no skill.

If I'm reading this right this means the scene with him and Eraqus takes place before meeting Ansem SoD and leaving Destiny Islands?
Or is he just stating the scene takes place before DDD?
Everything already revolves around Sora so the χ's being involved with him too isn't really surprising. But I'm still interested by this I guess.
The latter is true, Nomura is referencing DDD as a whole, not specifically the scene where Young Xehanort meets Mr. Robe-guy.
He also only confirms that Eraqus is younger than Xehanort, not that the Xehanort in the KH III-scene is younger than the DDD-Young Xehanort.

People make a fuss about Xehanort looking even younger in the KH III chess scene, but hello? In BBS he looked like a muscle-packed adult Saix (cause he actually had his model)!

It's funny that Nomura mentions specifically Sora in relation to the events in the past in X[chi]/UnchainedX. So much for Sora not being part of the past or "outside" the assumed spiral
of fate that has been going around in theories for a while. *ggg*

He can like something but not actually implement it. There are a lot of systems going into KH3, and probably more stuff we have yet to even see. Some things will not make it in. We can only wait and see.

Not to mention that KH III is a new title, not Kingdom Hearts II version 2.
It is not KH III's task nor intention to be a carbon copy of KH II, which I get somewhat the vibe some KH II-fanboys/girls actually want it to be...

With the free run, attraction flow, Keyblade Transformations, Team attacks, magic, possibly traditional summons et cetera we already have much variety in our possibilities to engage in battle.
Some of these, including the main battle system, are already derived from KH II as is. Drive Forms are essentially superfluous.

KH2Rulz

Awards

Except in games designed for it like Dynasty Warriors, button-mashing should not get rewarded at all but get the player killed constantly as it requires no skill.

Isn't that the point of difficulty options? Let people who want to just get through the game button mash, while those who want the challenge go to Critical.

I know it's impossible to get through Critical button mashing, so I'd say KH2FM perfected the balance.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

About YX being younger then in 3D, I think the scene when XH talk to him for the first time is gonna be retconned and YX in that memory was really a lot younger then then when he travel forward in time.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I believe he's talking about difficulty levels, and not that button-mashing will works no matter what difficulty you choose. But if it's not then I don't know how to feel about it. On one hand this makes it easier for those who are not that good be able to enjoy the game without having to be punished (the secret movie requirements) for picking an easier difficulty. On the other you'll get people going "why even bother with strategy when we can just constantly press X?"

People make a fuss about Xehanort looking even younger in the KH III chess scene, but hello? In BBS he looked like a muscle-packed adult Saix (cause he actually had his model)!
And it should've stay that way~ And really, the new style the game has (and probably the haircut too) is why he seems to look younger. Unless Nomura winds-up saying that Young Xehanort is younger we should presume that he's not.

It's funny that Nomura mentions specifically Sora in relation to the events in the past in X[chi]/UnchainedX. So much for Sora not being part of the past or "outside" the assumed spiral
of fate that has been going around in theories for a while. *ggg*
Sora started the first Keyblade war

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

As much as I love Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix (it's my absolute favorite game ever) and have immense nostaliga for it, I do not want Kingdom Hearts III to be a carbon copy, or a fan service try-hard game. You wanna know what happens when a game tries too hard to be like its series-defining predecessor? Twilight Princess. Now, that game is amazing, but even having played that game prior to Ocarina of Time, I can see it clearly. TP tried to 1-Up OoT and it failed. TP doesn't have its own unique identity and instead it's living in the shadow of its older brother.

I can already tell that this isn't the case with KH3, but I wouldn't want it to happen. KH2 is amazing, but if KH3 is going to surpass it and be the best game in the series, it needs to take risks and be its own game. Playing safe and hugging onto KH2's style for fanservice is going to result in disappointment, due to it feeling like "more of the same".

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com

I'd say that is just the typical ignorance of western media and society in general. (and of course IGN is no way in hell to be taken as a reference as to how western media handle Kingdom Hearts ;P).
On the other hand though you also cannot forget that the japanese audience in general has access to more information like the Ultimanias and they are more favorable to handheld gaming too.

Err no, Nomura does not confirm that anywhere.
The only thing he does say is that
a) the events of this scene take place before the events of DDD, which is logical since DDD is the furthest into the timeline. When Nomura speaks about Young Xehanort appearing in DDD, he means the events taking place in the Realm of Sleep and the present, NOT the meeting between Young Xehanort and Ansem SoD on Destiny Islands.
b) he only states that Eraqus is younger than Xehanort. He does not say anything about Xehanort himself being younger than the Young Xehanort shown in DDD.

Ben Diskin confirmed he was acting an even younger version of Xehanort though, they've already f*cked it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Young Xehanort on the beach in BBS / DDD could just be him returning during his travels to other worlds while learning the Keyblade and, with his knowledge of other worlds, say that DI is just too small.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com

Young Xehanort on the beach in BBS / DDD could just be him returning during his travels to other worlds while learning the Keyblade and, with his knowledge of other worlds, say that DI is just too small.

How many times have we had it hammered into our heads that the young Xehanort in DDD could not wield a keyblade by himself?

EDIT:
Here's the direct quote from Nomura stating that if you need reminding.

Did King Mickey’s time magic not work properly on Young Xehanort because Young Xehanort has the power to control time?
Nomura: Not Young Xehanort’s but rather Master Xehanort’s power. King Mickey was surprised at the time, seeing his Keyblade and noticing he harboured the power of Master Xehanort. That Keyblade was designed as the one Master Xehanort used in KHBBS combined with an hourglass, you see.

Only to now hear:

Nomura:Yes. It starts at the beginning. You can see that a part of the conversation foreshadows the future. While Young Xehanort has appeared in KINGDOM HEARTS 3D, this conversation took place before those events.Since Eraqus is younger than Xehanort, he is somewhat childish. These two were under the apprenticeship of their Master as Keyblade wielders.
Nomura is either ignoring his continuity completely, or planning a retcon.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Didn't xehanort say in one of his reports that he hasn't returned to the islands since his youth? That the part were he dropped off Ven was the first time he returned since his departure?

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com

Interestingly, Ben Diskins tweets about him voicing Young(er) Xehanorts have vanished.

Swoosh, I checked out the reports, he doesn't directly say that, but it's still screwed none the less.

Xehanort report #1
Much time has passed since I left the home of my youth behind, and in the myriad worlds I have visited, I have gained much knowledge. On these pages, I intend to record a portion of that knowledge, and put the course of my life to paper.
Upon reflection, my life underwent the most considerable sea-change when I arrived at that place. Yes, it began when I found a Master, and another I would later call my brother—when I found a new home.
Then there was the Keyblade. For what purpose was it begotten, and by whom? During my training as one of its wielders, the precepts offered a clear answer: the Keyblade existed so that we who watched over the light could protect the world from the shadows.
But was that the TRUE answer? Could there not be more to it than that? My heart sought knowledge, and so I sometimes visited other worlds—though such travel was forbidden unless duty required—and found what my heart sought.

Xehanort report 10
As was to be expected, Ventus lacked the constitution for such an ordeal. I was able to remove the darkness inside him and create Vanitas, a heart of pure darkness, but Ventus drifted into the clutches of sleep.
Ventus' heart of pure light and Vanitas's heart of pure darkness...If both could be made strong enough to one day clash, I know the χ-blade would be forged.
But Vanitas took too much of Ventus's heart, and from that fracture, I could see the last of Ventus's light was slipping away. The boy deserved a place to spend his final moments peacefully. And what should come to mind but my own boyhood home.
My legs took me there unbidden, and as I stood there on the same beach where I had made my choice so many years ago, I thought: not a single thing has changed. Here, in this quiet world, time marches in place. Content that Ventus would find peace here, I started to walk away—but just then, the boy held up his Keyblade. The light within him had not died.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I do not trust Nomura's words in interviews anymore. I'd have to check those reports but wouldn't YX still be his youth?

Interestingly, Ben Diskins tweets about him voicing Young(er) Xehanorts have vanished.
Dude what do you mean?

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

The boy deserved a place to spend his final moments peacefully. And what should come to mind but my own boyhood home.My legs took me there unbidden, and as I stood there on the same beach where I had made my choice so many years ago, I thought: not a single thing has changed. Here, in this quiet world, time marches in place. Content that Ventus would find peace here, I started to walk away - but just then, the boy held up his Keyblade. The light within him had not died.

Here is the quote from the reports. It is kinda vague I think. It tells you that he has not been there for awhile, but I does not say he hasn`t visited the Islands multiple times.

Also the DDD secret ending has a text: Darkness awakens, and then it shows Young Xehanort. I do still think YX is the same age as he is the KHIII trailer, and as he is shown in the DDD secret ending.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com

I do not trust Nomura's words in interviews anymore. I'd have to check those reports but wouldn't YX still be his youth?

Dude what do you mean?

I couldn't view them on his timeline for some reason! it may be because i don't follow ben on twitter. Sorry about that.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Xehanort's Report - Birth by Sleep - Kingdom Hearts Insider
Much time has passed since I left the home of my youth behind, and in the myriad worlds I have visited, I have gained much knowledge. On these pages, I intend to record a portion of that knowledge, and put the course of my life to paper.

Eraqus and I did not see eye to eye. I left, and wandered the World. This was perhaps the first time I felt truly free since that day I departed my boyhood home. But free to do what?

But Vanitas took too much of Ventus's heart, and from that fracture, I could see the last of Ventus's light was slipping away. The boy deserved a place to spend his final moments peacefully. And what should come to mind but my own boyhood home.

My legs took me there unbidden, and as I stood there on the same beach where I had made my choice so many years ago, I thought: not a single thing has changed. Here, in this quiet world, time marches in place.

These are the parts of the reports that mention DI. He doesn't say he didn't return until that day with Ventus which opens the possibility to Xehanort returning still in his youth during or after training. The only tricky thing is that first one, as he says that a lot of time has passed since he first left, but again it doesn't explicitly say that he never returned.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com

Here is the quote from the reports. It is kinda vague I think. It tells you that he has not been there for awhile, but I does not say he hasn`t visited the Islands multiple times.

Also the DDD secret ending has a text: Darkness awakens, and then it shows Young Xehanort. I do still think YX is the same age as he is the KHIII trailer, and as he is shown in the DDD secret ending.

These are the parts of the reports that mention DI. He doesn't say he didn't return until that day with Ventus which opens the possibility to Xehanort returning still in his youth during or after training. The only tricky thing is that first one, as he says that a lot of time has passed since he first left, but again it doesn't explicitly say that he never returned.

But we've been told that the cutscene at the beginning of KH3 takes place before the events of DDD transpired, meaning that no matter how old we think he looks, he still shouldn't be already a keyblade wielder, which is what Nomura has just outright said.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

But we've been told that the cutscene at the beginning of KH3 takes place before the events of DDD transpired, meaning that no matter how old we think he looks, he still shouldn't be already a keyblade wielder, which is what Nomura has just outright said.
He and Eraqus are learning to use the Keyblade. BBS showed us that they use Wooden Swords to practise. We also know from the reports that Xehanort's Master gave them armour to travel between worlds but Xehanort abandoned that.

I do see where you are coming from. The headcanon that I'm hoping Nomura chooses is that while Xehanort can travel between worlds at that point, he still struggles a lot with summoning the Keyblade, like Lea, which is why MX stepped in.

Like I said, I've pretty much abandoned things Nomura says in interviews. The man needs to stop adding ideas and shit to the games after they're released in interviews.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Hmm. I just though that Nomura basically meant this: The talk between Eraqus and Xehanort happens before the events of DDD. DDD for now is in the farthest point of our timeline where we have gotten. Of course the next one will be KHIII. The way I see it is that the time travel thingy has already happened, and Xehanort left the islands, and then meets up with Eraqus. Nomura did not meant(at least the way I see it), that this conversation happens before DDD time travel stuff, but speaking generally about the timeline of the series.

Do I make any sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back