• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura Confirms Attraction Flow Will Be A Constant Surprise

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyRoxy

Not sure if I got it correct but... I think Nomura meant that Attraction Flow can be only activated in specific battles/map parts by the player's choice. Though I'm not sure if the Attraction itself is random or not.

Hirokey123

Awards
This could be amazing or terrible and sounds like a more fleshed out reality shift system honestly.

littlepunkryo

Something like this was in FFXV with the summons. Different ones appeared depending on the area you were in (water one couldn't pop up unless there was nearby water for instance, 'earth' one mostly appeared when you were in open plains) and then there were other criteria on top of that like how long the battle had been going on, if any of your allies were hurt critically, if you yourself were critically hurt. The combination of those things determined which summon you were able to use.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Well, since it's completely optional and you can choose to trigger it or not I have no problem with that. I do think I'll try them all out of curiosity, but won't be using them otherwise. Not really my thing, I'd rather fight the enemies myself. I'm kind of glad actually that they've made it area specific and not something you can use at any time anywhere. We'll see how it works but as of now I don't mind this.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
It does say "depending on the area", which makes me think this will be less CoM Donald random (the bad random), and more like FF III's Geomancer random (the good, "strategic" random).

Let's just hope that's the case.
Again, considering is Osaka, everything that doesn't lead to having a broken option always available I'm down for.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm jst glad to see that Attraction Flow and Summons are unrelated. My fear was that attraction flow would be replacing summons. Glad to see that's not the case.

KingOfHearts

As far as Summons are concerned, I'd really like to see some FF summons this time around. Bahamut was planned to be in the original KH1 and I think KH could do with a little more FF influence. To me, it's the "serious" side of the KH mashup, and the one I personally enjoy more.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
So it's not like pure randomness, but the percentages vary upon location, with the possibility of some locations having only one Attraction appear. So for example, Magic Mountain might have a 30% chance while in Thebes, but 100% when fighting the Rock Titan.

And given that Nomura described Attraction Flow as "a colorful presentation without button mashing. You can enjoy a visual treat on the screen." it sounds like Attraction Flow is an invincible attack with little to no input, so even if you don't get the one you wanted, the randomness doesn't appear to be detrimental.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
So it's not like pure randomness, but the percentages vary upon location, with the possibility of some locations having only one Attraction appear. So for example, Magic Mountain might have a 30% chance while in Thebes, but 100% when fighting the Rock Titan.

And given that Nomura described Attraction Flow as "a colorful presentation without button mashing. You can enjoy a visual treat on the screen." it sounds like Attraction Flow is an invincible attack with little to no input, so even if you don't get the one you wanted, the randomness doesn't appear to be detrimental.

Yeah that's what I meant.
I fully understand the fear and concern over the term "randomized" in videogames, but not all of its implementations have to be bad.

Antar

Awards
I'm actually fine with this, at least from the information we've been given. I think it's best to think of Attraction Flow as one move, but just with a variety of animations so it doesn't get stale.

Awards
Regular melee attacks, magic, drive forms, summons, attraction flow, Flowmotion.. I'm getting the feeling Sora is powerful enough as it is.. but with the reminder of yet another mechanic to throw in the mix, I feel maybe they're cramming in more ideas than need be? The rides look very good of course, but I sure hope the heartless are beefed up as well to suit all these mechanics. So far, the heartless in the past trailers seem to just be running around, not really putting up much of a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back