• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nocturnal Emissions! [a pulp horror / dark comedy role-play?]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archetype00x

Website
www.facebook.com
I've been fixating on a particular idea / scenario for a while: essentially, there is this town, the archetypical 'Somewhere, Americana,' which has recently and inexplicably become the focus of a number of supernatural plagues — undead pouring out of mortuaries and graveyards, aliens invading from the skies, swamp monsters popping up from the sewers hand-in-hand with werewolves and vampires and heralded by a parade of poltergeists. And somehow, against all odds, a number of the towns colorful citizens manage to beat them back every time, while simultaneously wrestling with the more mundane, but no less caustic plagues of every-day life. That would be the basic idea, but I feel like it needs to be fleshed out a little bit more. Would anyone be interested in participating in such a role play / contributing ideas?

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
To be truthful...
That idea is fricking fcuking awesome!!

Though collaboration will only take place if there are zombies, and robots!

First off, I like that idea. A father giving a speech to her daughter on dating, while slaying vampires would be hilarious.

I would like to contribute an idea:
How about there is a whole team of people who always try to protect the citizens. But usually need aid from them, they could be like a Neighborhood Watch type team. But they are more like heroes.

Also, will characters be monsters & humans? Or just humans?

Last edited:

Jozi

knock-knock1.jpg

So, Archetype... Are you going to reply?

Archetype00x

Website
www.facebook.com
Apologies, I assumed that this wasn't going to get a response after a few days of, well, no response, so I haven't really been checking in. Anyway; I like the idea of the Neighborhood Watch, but I would rather that it weren't so linear. I would prefer it if the characters involved came together by chance — somehow, they've all been working towards escaping whatever paranormal crisis is occurring in the short term and on their own, and slowly, after maybe the second or third time, through whatever connections they've made with the others, that's when they resolve to come together and protect the town.

And I would prefer it if the characters did not have super-powers; though the idea is that they are very eccentric, not conventional at all. This town is a magnet for weirdness.

Jozi

Apologies, I assumed that this wasn't going to get a response after a few days of, well, no response, so I haven't really been checking in. Anyway; I like the idea of the Neighborhood Watch, but I would rather that it weren't so linear. I would prefer it if the characters involved came together by chance — somehow, they've all been working towards escaping whatever paranormal crisis is occurring in the short term and on their own, and slowly, after maybe the second or third time, through whatever connections they've made with the others, that's when they resolve to come together and protect the town.

And I would prefer it if the characters did not have super-powers; though the idea is that they are very eccentric, not conventional at all. This town is a magnet for weirdness.

Yeah I like that idea, they should also be regular jerk-offs. Jerk-offs who don't really have any real combat proficiency (Except for the leader).

It would add comedy!

Also what state would the town be in?
I mean that: Are they surviving at ease, or is it just barely surviving?

I like the idea of it being an easy survival, BUT they are still trying to find other people.

It's psychological, even though they have an abundant source of food, water, & electricity that could last 100 life times; they have no contact with anybody else.

So they try to trick themselves into believing that they need other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back