• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nobody Symbolism?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnlockedMemories

This sort of just came to me, and I'll be recording it as neat as I can. However, I feel my thoughts might be a bit scattered.

Anyway, my theory is that the Nobodies are heavily symbolic. First, starting with the name. The term Nobody obviously means that you're no one. You're not a somebody. You barely have a name given to yourself. The Organization Nobodies do have names, however, it's only an anagram of their previous name. It's not actually theirs..something unique. A vague copy, almost.

But why are nobodies, well, Nobodies? Because they don't have a heart. This means that they lack any real emotions, and once again..begin faking them. More and more things seem to show that Nobodies only exist to copy. They want to actually feel, and they strive to get a Heart, but they only do this through cruel and Heartless ways. If somebody wants to have a heart, they need to experience all emotions, including compassion. Perhaps if they faked that, then they would begin to have a small sense in what it's like to be a Somebody.

These 'Nobodies' can be symbolic of real world people. People who don't act like who they truly are. (A "poser" for a lack of a better word I guess.) They make a name for themselves, and start copying others in which they think is the best way for them to actually fit in (being a Somebody). They want to feel emotion and happiness like all of the other people, but it's a constant mountain climb. They never seem to actually get there, because they keep on trying to be Someone they're not. How can one be truly happy when they can't even be themselves?

Diz says that a Nobody isn't supposed to exist. (Although in the game, I disagree. I feel sorry for the Nobodies, and their story is rather tragic. Which could lead to more symbolism, since maybe one should feel sorry for someone who doesn't even act like themselves.) And maybe it's a message for people to be themselves.

Yeah, feel free to argue and debate about these things. Like I said, it just sort of came to me all of a sudden.

Raiinu K.D.

Awards
I really like where you're coming from here. It's actually the way I've always felt about them-- just as the Heartless are sort of a metaphor for people who really just don't care for the well-being of others and thoughtlessly/selfishly do only what they believe will benefit themselves.

And the Nobodies, without Hearts, have no sense of identity nor direction, so they're "full of nothing!" - (Talim, Soul Calibur II) Good show!!

Satoshi

I like how you say it might be a message to the public to be theirselves.

I really, really like that. Otherwise, your theory is also a bit contradictive, 'cause you say they're symbolic for real people while they're not even real people. I know it kinda feels that way but it just lingers on the edge in between true and false.

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
I have a feeling that you will become a public speaker or something later on in life. Nice job of thinking this up!

αsiя

space coke
Wow I really liked this and never thought of it this way
welcome to the forums btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back