• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nobody Age Factor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaddix

Awards
Howdy,
I keep reading threads stating that it has been said that Nobodies don't age. I'm positively certain I too have read this somewhere before, but could someone please direct me to where Nomura or the like confirmed this factor?
It's also been mentioned that Nomura described Xemnas as appearing to be around 30 years of age, which I also recall once reading, but only faintly. So I wonder, did he describe anyone else's apparent ages, particularly those of other Organization members? If yes, please also direct me to that info. Heck, while we're at it, let's also find that Xemnas=30 statement. :)
Thanks.

Vanitas.

Here's the interview from Nomura:

About how old is Xemnas?

Nomura: Nobodies don’t age; they exist as they were at the time of becoming a Nobody. He seems about 30 years old?

did he describe anyone else's apparent ages, particularly those of other Organization members
No he didn't, other than Xemnas which I provided the quote on top.

Though he did say Zexion is the 2nd youngest to Roxas in the Organization.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
There are also signs of Namine aging from CoM to KH2, due to her character models and through sheer observation. This could, however, just been seen as different art design or the fact that she is a special Nobody and could be aging with Sora.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Namine obviously aged, as did Roxas and they even talk in the Developers' interviews in the Ultimania how Roxas's character model gained height during Days.
However those two are established special Nobodies whose Hearts weren't Heartless, so they're confirmed anomalies.

kickazz1234

this is my theory, since Roxas and Namine have their other halves still in their human forms: Sora and Kairi. They, too, will age along side their complete beings. it's just a guess though, I guess we'll never really know :(

Izayoi

galactic cancer
this is my theory, since Roxas and Namine have their other halves still in their human forms: Sora and Kairi. They, too, will age along side their complete beings. it's just a guess though, I guess we'll never really know :(

It's possible as an explanation, but you can't base certain things on just saying that they're Nobodies, since they aren't the normal kind.

Vaddix

Awards
Ahhh... I see...
Wait, we're quite sure Xemnas is special...
So isn't it more than possible he could've aged? If apprentice Xehanort is indeed Terra's age, he's probably at most, 20, so I suppose the 30 thing would make sense if Xemnas too is special like Namine and Roxas?

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Ahhh... I see...
So isn't it more than possible he could've aged? If apprentice Xehanort is indeed Terra's age, he's probably at most, 20, so I suppose the 30 thing would make sense if Xemnas too is special like Namine and Roxas?

Considering the gap of time between games, and considering that Xemnas is special, it could make sense, yes.

Vanitas.

Ahhh... I see...
Xemnas is a special nobody but from what I believe I think he's in a different category of "special nobodies" than Namine and Roxas. Xemnas can be a special nobody because he reflects on Xehanort (who is special as well) or the same as Sora; kept a sense of self at the time when he became a heartless.

kickazz1234

It's possible as an explanation, but you can't base certain things on just saying that they're Nobodies, since they aren't the normal kind.

I'm just saying that Roxas and Namine are connected to Sora and Kairi so they may correspond in aging

Vaddix

Awards
It's all coming together, then... But it makes me wonder... Is Ienzo's young bbs age compared to him in the future due to illusion-based things? Or could he perhaps be special too?... (We never figured out why the Lexicon was so special to be a spoiler, so that could be connected to a special Nobody case somehow...)

Plus, if the youngest are Roxas, then Zexion, maybe the next youngest is Axel, then Saix (or Demyx)?

Vanitas.

It's all coming together, then... But it makes me wonder... Is Ienzo's young bbs age compared to him in the future due to illusion-based things? Or could he perhaps be special too?... (We never figured out why the Lexicon was so special to be a spoiler, so that could be connected to a special Nobody case somehow...)

Plus, if the youngest are Roxas, then Zexion, maybe the next youngest is Axel, then Saix (or Demyx)?
We have no clue. It doesn't add up. Ven is the age of Roxas and Nomura said that Roxas is the youngest in the Organization and then is Zexion. But Ienzo is younger and shorter than Ven in BBS. If Zexion is a "Special Nobody" as well that would kill the concept of having special nobodies. There is already 3.

Then there's the popular theory of that's an illusion because that is what his nobody's power is.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
You're all forgetting that effectively, all members of the Organization are "special Nobodies" as they're 13 amongst the herds of Nobodies that didn't make the cut as numbered members. :\ and Zexion is one whose powers are those of illusion.

to top it all, we don't really know if Roxas is the same age as Ven. Unless it was confirmed Ven is 14 in BBS. He looks more like 16 to me so Roxas should be younger.
That still leaves Ienzo as an issue but a slightly lesser one.

7thspade

So what about Zexion? He looks to be no older than 8 or 9 in BBS, but in Re:CoM and Days he looks to be around 20. How would Nomura manage to explain his appearance if Nobodies don't age? I think it was Xigbar who said that Xehanort began experimenting on the darkness of the heart a year after the Keyblade wielders disappeared, so that means around 9 years before the first KH and a year after BBS marks the possible time that they could have become Nobodies during.
I don't see how Ienzo could grow so much in nine years or less.

Arl

So what about Zexion? He looks to be no older than 8 or 9 in BBS, but in Re:CoM and Days he looks to be around 20. How would Nomura manage to explain his appearance if Nobodies don't age? I think it was Xigbar who said that Xehanort began experimenting on the darkness of the heart a year after the Keyblade wielders disappeared, so that means around 9 years before the first KH and a year after BBS marks the possible time that they could have become Nobodies during.
I don't see how Ienzo could grow so much in nine years or less.

Well, say Ienzo (Zexion) is 9. In 9 years, he would be 18, wich is very close to the age of 20. Anyway, he could be older than 9 (Maybe he just hasn't hit his growth spirt yet), or it is his illusion of looking younger.

I just read it over again, and saw your part of how nobodies don't age. Again, he could have hit a growth spirt later on or it could be an illusion. And you don't know when he died, becoming a nobody. He could have easily surpassed Roxas's age within the ten years.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Well, say Ienzo (Zexion) is 9. In 9 years, he would be 18, wich is very close to the age of 20.
The problem is he doesn't have 9 years to grow.

BBS ends~ About 10 years before KH1
  • Xehanort is saved by Ansem the Wise
  • The experiments of the darkness in people's hearts start
  • The first heartless are born
  • The apprentices of Ansem go into the door leading to the heart of Radient Garden
  • Their nobodies then banish Ansem the Wise and the Organization is born
Malficant takes over Hollow Bastion~ 9 years before KH1

Arl

The problem is he doesn't have 9 years to grow.

BBS ends~ About 10 years before KH1
  • Xehanort is saved by Ansem the Wise
  • The experiments of the darkness in people's hearts start
  • The first heartless are born
  • The apprentices of Ansem go into the door leading to the heart of Radient Garden
  • Their nobodies then banish Ansem the Wise and the Organization is born
Malficant takes over Hollow Bastion~ 9 years before KH1

You are right. That leaves only 1 year, right? Yea, it's probally an illusion. I don't see how he can grow about ten years in 1. But, how does he get the illusion powers as a child? Shouldn't he only get them once he is a nobody (I can't see how a human can use that easily, especially a child at that age).

Also, what about Lea and Isa? They appear to be adults in the other games, and they don't have illusion magic.

Last edited:

WilliamTheWise

Website
But, how does he get the illusion powers as a child?
Well Braig has been seen to float upside down just like Xigbar...
The result of some sort of experiment?
I can't see how a human can use that easily, especially a child at that age.
And to maintain it so long is crazy. He would need amazing stamina.
Also, what about Lea and Isa? They appear to be adults in the other games, and they don't have illusion magic.
Maybe they escaped the take over of Hollow Bastion like Leon and his gang and grew up a little bit more before becoming heartless.

Arl

Well Braig has been seen to float upside down just like Xigbar...
The result of some sort of experiment?

Possibly. If it's true, who could have been the maker of the experiment? Another Organization XIII member? I doubt they knew Ansem yet (But it's still possible). And why do the known Organization members in Birth by Sleep all seem to know at least one other member? They don't know Ansem yet, do they?

And to maintain it so long is crazy. He would need amazing stamina.

Yea, either that, or there is something we don't know about it. Well, we'll probally find out in Birth by Sleep.

Maybe they escaped the take over of Hollow Bastion like Leon and his gang and grew up a little bit more before becoming heartless.

Yea, but they still probally didn't look as old as their Organization XIII counterparts. Isa and Lea only look to be 16 years old, but Axel and Saix look to be in their mid twenties.

WilliamTheWise

Website
Possibly. If it's true, who could have been the maker of the experiment?
Well the founding members of the Organization were apprentices of Ansem the Wise. He might have done some experiments on them to allow them to preform their jobs better.
They don't know Ansem yet, do they?
Dilan (Xaldin), Briag(Xigbar), Even(Vexen), Izeno (Zexion) Aeleus (Lexaeus) & Xehanort (Xemnas) all worked for him.

And considering Lea & Isa lived there and he's their king they likely knew of him too.
Other than that we have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back