• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nobodies Really Have Desires/Wants?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora788

Website
jijun.livejournal.com
Do Nobodies have desires and wants replacing all emotions and feelings? But aren't desires and wants sort of like emotions, or are they completely different things?

So, Xemnas (and the rest of the Organization) would just want to become whole instead of actually having an emotion like anger or whatever to provoke him to come to that decision?

But I was wondering, why/how could Roxas and Namine be different from the other Nobodies if they have feelings for each other? Like, how come they're different?

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Nobodies use their memories of when they were whole to form personalities, desires, wants, needs and emotions.

Roxas and Namine and different in they way they were created. Kairi's heart being in Sora when he became a Heartless and Nobody.

Secret Ansem Report 12 said:
Apart from Namine’, Nobodies retain their memories of their time as humans, but Sora’s Nobody, Roxas, has lost his memories. This is likely because Sora’s time as a Heartless was short, having recovered his heart and returned to his human form soon after leaving behind Roxas, his Nobody. It would seem Roxas is much like Namine’. Namine’ is Kairi’s Nobody, but came into being via Sora’s body and soul.

Likewise, Roxas is Sora’s Nobody, but was left behind because Sora’s Heartless regained human form using Kairi’s heart instead of his own. It may be that Sora’s memories are slow to return because the half of him that is Roxas is still lacking.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Yeah. They were emotionless beings. They were controlled, and only went on what they remembered of being human

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I think that because their hearts still exist in the form of Heartless, they can still feel shadows of their old emotions, but less so than the average human. Roxas and Namine's emotions were particularly strong because Sora and Kairi were back to their original forms, and because Axel was around Roxas so much, he began to experience the same thing. That being said, it's never stated whethe Roxas and Namine have romantic feelings for each other. I think it really depends on how Sora and Kairi feel about each other. If they start to date, Roxas and Namine will naturally begin to feel the same way, because they are the shadows of Sora and Kairi.

KershaFangs

I do not find that desire is an emotion, but an instinct. Hard to describe, but I think of emotions as happy, sad, angry.... but to hope, dream, and desire is something beyond that. It is what a soul can feel without a heart. For the soul has the will to live, and thus the desire to survive....

Anyone get what I'm saying? o.o

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
i think nobodies should be whole. wat so wrong with that? stupid sora, messing with the orginizations dreams. Orginization_42 has a good point. but then again, WHO is axels human? meaning, who is axel the nobody of?

KershaFangs

i think nobodies should be whole. wat so wrong with that? stupid sora, messing with the orginizations dreams.

The Nobodies should have hearts, true. However Sora did not kill them for trying to get a heart, he did because of the METHOD they were using...

Releasing Heartless into other worlds, those Heartless that preyed upon the hearts of innocent people whom also then became Heartless. The keyblade would then release those hearts and they would gather in Kingdom Hearts. By sacrificing those thousands and thousands of hearts, the Organization planned on regaining their whole selves that way.

That's why they had to be stopped...

Last edited:

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
The Nobodies should have hearts true. Hoever Sora did not kill them for trying to get a heart, he did because of the METHOD they were using...

Releasing Heartless into other worlds, those Heartless that preyed upon the hearts of innocent people whom also then became Heartless. The keyblade would then release those hearts and they would gather in Kingdom Hearts. By sacrificing those thousands and thousands of hearts, the Organization planned on regaining their whole selves that way.

That's why they had to be stopped...[/quote

oh......becuase they were sacrificing those peoples hearts..........i get it

TrueRoxas527

But still, if they just got AtW to help them get their hearts back instead of doing it their own way and making AtW hate them, than Roxas would remember his old self, he wouldn't merge with Sora, Sora would remain a half-Heartless and randomly his skin would turn black to resemble his Heartless half. Namine would be with Roxas so Sora would never lose his memories. Namine wouldn't be captured by Org. 13, she'd wander by herself, and everyone would get their hearts back and they would see 2 Soras walking around. (Sora, and Roxas turning back into Sora)

KershaFangs

But still, if they just got AtW to help them get their hearts back instead of doing it their own way and making AtW hate them, than Roxas would remember his old self, he wouldn't merge with Sora, Sora would remain a half-Heartless and randomly his skin would turn black to resemble his Heartless half. Namine would be with Roxas so Sora would never lose his memories. Namine wouldn't be captured by Org. 13, she'd wander by herself, and everyone would get their hearts back and they would see 2 Soras walking around. (Sora, and Roxas turning back into Sora)

*laughs uncontrollably*

Where to begin...

1. AtW HATES the Organization because Xehanort continued experimenting on the darkness and then sent him to the Realm of Nothing.
2. Roxas doesn't have the memories of Sora because of Sora's short time as a heartless.
3. Even though half heartless Sora sounds cool... WTF are you SAYING?!?
4. Namine was forced by the Organization to destroy Sora's memories... and she was captured by them after they found her. She was born in Castle Oblivion and shortly captured afterwards....

Oh there's just too much to correct! Got any Messengers? It would be easy to inform you there...

TrueRoxas527

I was thinking quickly, okay? I already wanted to take some of the text back but oh well. I won't bother.
If somehow they got AtW to help them and they didn't sacrifice so many hearts, then Sora wouldn't go around killing them.

KershaFangs

Well, don't think I was insulting you... it just... WOW! xD

Well *clears throat* AtW would never work along side the Nobody of the apprentice that locked him away in the Realm of Nothing for, let's say 9 years.

And if they SACRIFICE even ONE heart, then they should be stopped. What makes their heart more special than the heart of that person and why would that heart have to be sacrifice in exchange for another...?

They wanted emotions, but they acted with cold, heartless (no pun intended) methods. They have no concern for innocent lives. They only cared for themselves. That was the true downfall of Organization 13.

Blight

It like when your missing your arms. You remember what it was like to have them and memoery is even to desire them back.

Organization_42

Awards
^ True, but I think the discussion is trying to figure out if that desire counts as an emotion, which the Nobodies claim they can't feel. I think it does, depending on the type. Some desires, such as hunger and thirst, are based on instinct, but others, such as the desire for friendship or affection, require some form of emotion. I think the Organization's desire for a heart falls somewhere in between the two types. That's ironic when you think about it, because Nobodies have always been in between something, i.e. light and dark, existence and non-existence.

Good explanation Kersha! They are a tragic set of villains, but they are villains nonetheless.

KershaFangs

Well then, I reference back to my first post.

And humans are very social creatures. No matter how anti-social one claims to be, one NEEDS human contact to survive. I find friendship to be an instinct. To long for something you need is a desire to me, and that does not require emotions to long for... but that's just me.

Lyxli

Website
pyrolila.deviantart.com
Hmm, I've thought about this a lot, too. The thing is, Nobodies do not have hearts, but they still have a body and soul. Sure, everyone thinks that the heart governs emotions... but what about the soul? Is the soul just thinking, moving, etc.? What does the soul really do? Maybe the soul can "substitute" a bit for the heart.

Eh, if you didn't understand that, don't worry, I didn't really either... I just find it too tragic that characters like Axel (who CRIED when Roxas left in KHII Final Mix), can have no emotions. I don't think he's just fooling himself into thinking he cares about Roxas. He does. He wanted to pursue and bring Roxas back to him.

If going back to what KershaFangs (I think it was you?) said, if Axel only wanted Roxas around, but didn't care about him... well, why would he want Roxas around in the first place? Company? Just someone to talk to? There were others in the Organization, if it was just the instinct for contact with others, he could have talked with them.

And Axel did say that Roxas "made me feel like I had a heart." Well, maybe he didn't have the pumping organ or whatever, but he developed a heart. Maybe he's at a slight disadvantage than normal humans, but he was pushed to the point of not just emulating emotions, but actually having them. I think he really cared about Roxas and thought of him as his best friend (or something more? O~ la la! XD).

Did any of that make sense at all? I hope it did... it was sort of stream-of-consciousness... XD;

Organization_42

Awards
You both make good points. In that case, I would say the desire to be around other people is instinct, and that's what brought the Organization together. They needed to be around people like them. But the desire to be around certain people, like friends, family, and loved ones, requires some emotion. So if Axel and Roxas truly were best friends, there would have to be some emotion there, and I think they could feel.

The same goes for Namine. She told Sora that she was lonely in Castle Oblivion, and that's why she did what she did. That could be taken as instinct, because who was she going to talk to otherwise? But the guilt she felt had to be an emotion, because she was almost crying when she confessed to Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back