• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nobodies and Hearts Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Okay, so we all know what a Nobody is, right? It's the body and soul of a strong-willed person left behind after becoming a Heartless. However, as of KH3D, we end up learning that Nobodies can end up growing Hearts of their own if they try hard enough to make meaningful connections with others. Yet, this new plot point does raise some interesting questions when you end up comparing Nobody's self-grown Heart and normal-people's Hearts. In fact, there are several questions I have concerning this matter, especially when relating Nobodies with a Heart and regular Somebodies.

1. If a Nobody were to lose their Heart to darkness, would another Nobody be born? If so, and each of those Nobodies could grow their own Hearts, then why didn't Master Xehanort and Xemnas try to create 13 Hearts for one vessel with this process instead of have 13 vessels with the same Heart split up?
  2. If a Nobody successfully grows a Heart, what happens to the original Heart? Likewise, if a Nobody that has grown a Heart dies, what becomes of the new Heart? You can blame this question on the whole Lea/Axel situation.
  3. Since Nobodies are beings of Nothingness, does this mean that their Hearts would be devoid of light and darkness?
  4. Can lesser Nobodies grow Hearts too, or is this trait only apply to the humanoid Nobodies like Organization XIII?
  5. How long does it take for a Nobody to develop a Heart, and how difficult is it?

Let me know your thoughts on these interesting matters. I have a feeling this discussion is going to be very interesting.

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
If a Nobody were to lose their Heart to darkness, would another Nobody be born?
An even bigger question is, can Nobodies lose their hearts to darkness? Given the nature of Nobodies, it's possible that they have an inherent resistance to darkness.

If so, and each of those Nobodies could grow their own Hearts, then why didn't Master Xehanort and Xemnas try to create 13 Hearts for one vessel with this process instead of have 13 vessels with the same Heart split up?
Xehanort/Xemnas needs 13 separate vessels for the X-Blade.

If a Nobody successfully grows a Heart, what happens to the original Heart? Likewise, if a Nobody that has grown a Heart dies, what becomes of the new Heart? You can blame this question on the whole Lea/Axel situation.
I'd imagine a grown heart has no noticeable effects when it comes to a person being reborn.

Since Nobodies are beings of Nothingness, does this mean that their Hearts would be devoid of light and darkness?
While I think there's a difference between the way the heart functions inside a being of light and a being of nothingness, I wouldn't go so far as to say that grown hearts are devoid of light/darkness. Otherwise, you could argue that Xehanort's vessels wouldn't have the darkness to be a SoD.

Can lesser Nobodies grow Hearts too, or is this trait only apply to the humanoid Nobodies like Organization XIII?
Considering it requires a certain degree of strength to develop a heart, I'd say no.

How long does it take for a Nobody to develop a Heart, and how difficult is it?
I think it would vary from person to person.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
An even bigger question is, can Nobodies lose their hearts to darkness? Given the nature of Nobodies, it's possible that they have an inherent resistance to darkness.

While that is a good point, there's one thing that hinders your "they have an inherent resistance to darkness" idea. You forgot about the special black cloaks that Organization XIII wears. Said type of cloak was created by Xehanort to protect once from the Darkness. Since the humanoid Nobodies wear the cloak, that seems to imply that they're just as susceptible to darkness as every other person.

Xehanort/Xemnas needs 13 separate vessels for the X-Blade.

Okay.

I'd imagine a grown heart has no noticeable effects when it comes to a person being reborn.

It's nice to know that you think the new Heart doesn't affect the old one negatively, but what happens to the new Heart if the Nobody is destroyed? Better yet, what happens to said Nobody's Heart if the original person becomes whole again?

While I think there's a difference between the way the heart functions inside a being of light and a being of nothingness, I wouldn't go so far as to say that grown hearts are devoid of light/darkness. Otherwise, you could argue that Xehanort's vessels wouldn't have the darkness to be a SoD.

You have a good point.

So, you're saying that a Nobody's Heart can have light and darkness, but because Nobodies are beings of Nothingness, said Light and Darkness have different expressions inside a Nobody? Well, that does explain how Xemnas' powers of Nothingness look like he's using Hard Light and why some of his attacks do Darkness damage.

Considering it requires a certain degree of strength to develop a heart, I'd say no.

That's what I thought as well.

I think it would vary from person to person.

Once again, your answer make a lot of sense.

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
While that is a good point, there's one thing that hinders your "they have an inherent resistance to darkness" idea. You forgot about the special black cloaks that Organization XIII wears. Said type of cloak was created by Xehanort to protect once from the Darkness. Since the humanoid Nobodies wear the cloak, that seems to imply that they're just as susceptible to darkness as every other person.
I'd definitely go so far as to assume that Nobodies have a stronger resistance compared to other people, given that they aren't afraid to use Corridors of Darkness as much as they do.

Furthermore, if someone becomes a Heartless, yet they can't create a Nobody, their body is swallowed by darkness. Or, at least that's what's implied when a Nobody is defeated, to which they become swallowed themselves. The fact that Nobodies avoid that fate initially may be because of some inherent resistance to darkness.

It's nice to know that you think the new Heart doesn't affect the old one negatively, but what happens to the new Heart if the Nobody is destroyed? Better yet, what happens to said Nobody's Heart if the original person becomes whole again?
Sorry, that's what I meant lol. I don't think there's any initial effects that come with a grown heart when someone becomes a complete being again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back