• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nobodies... a little confusing...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipporahss

Okay, I hope you don't bite my head off for this and I hope that I am not just making another thread that has the same question as mine.

Well, we all know that Nobodies don't have a heart... thus no feeling, no emotion. But this is where I get confused. If you watch Roxas carefully you notice that he does express feelings, emotion, and I mean before he is put back with Sora.

He he expresses anger, happiness and almost sadness. Although Yen Sid said they can't I don't see how they could pretend. He did say that they were tricky and Xerhnort (Or who ever, I can't remember who, I hadn't played the game in over seven months) did say that they remember they remember what is was like to have a heart and that's what made them special.

But Axel express a love, (Friendship type love, no homo!) and that is emotion.

But the fact that they still can express anger, and greed ( I see that as an emotion) still confuses me.
(The greed part came from Xerhnort, he was already powerful but he wanted more power ->KH.)

ButI still don't understand it all. I hope you don't bite my head off, but even a couple of my friends were puzzled. I just wanted it to be clear, I already checked a couple of sites but they didn't make too much sense of them. It still left me puzzled. Can you help me...?:confused:

Sorry again if this is old and has already been explained, don't bite me please! (Hands and knees...)

Muse

you look atrocious
Well, I think the thing is they can have emotions and we have seen certain Nobodies get emotional, but the Nobodies believe that since they have no heart they can't have any emotions. So basically, they're lying.

I'm not too sure about this either, though. =/

Qarx

Well, I think the thing is they can have emotions and we have seen certain Nobodies get emotional, but the Nobodies believe that since they have no heart they can't have any emotions. So basically, they're lying.

I'm not too sure about this either, though. =/

So... more of Nojima's crappy writing?

.:Mega:.

Awards
I believe that Roxas and Namine are special exceptions because their others are alive, explaining why they age and appear to feel (I still don't think regular Nobodies age xP). They do appear to have a strong connection to their others, so it'd make sense to me.

Random Queen

Queen of Crazy World
Crazy World. Population: Who gives a fuk?
Ok....

Basically Xemnas thinks that they can't have emotions and all the members started believing that too.

But they do have emotions *hint Roxas and Axel*.

Even Vexen shows fear when Axel was going to kill him....

As does Zexion.

Saix shows a ray of hope on the Altar of Naught scene.

So they do have emotions. They just don't believe they do.....

Qarx

Then what are hearts?

They don't hold memories, that's for sure.

EDIT: Jiminy's Journel gave personality descriptions on the Organization, such as Larxene, who loved more than anything else to inflict emotional pain on others.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
*Sigh*

Basically, nobodies don't have hearts, but fortunately remember what it was like to have them (save for Xemnas, Roxas and Namine) since they retain memories of their former lives they have the ability to "simulate" emotions to a certain degree. In a sense they are acting; a ruse that intends to trick others, also acting out emotions help make them feel like they are whole at the very least.

Roxas on the other hand seems to have complex emotions, most likely stemming from the fact that Sora is still alive and coexisting in the same realm of existence as him (EDIT: Also like to add that his existence along with Namine's is a special exception). It's arguable as to how he has very complex emotions and as to how he can wield other then the fact he's Sora's nobody (and by extension can wield as well).

They don't hold memories that's for sure

No, they do hold memories.

Clowde

No
Nobodies do not have emotions. The emotions they "express" are fake formed from the memories of their somebody being emotional in the past. Roxas and Namine are the exception i believe, because their somebody's co-exist with them.

Iridium you ninja. You beat me to the post D=<

Key of Valor

The Professor
Personally I think the Nobodies display emotions because
naturally they are still living beings that react to what is
going on around them. I think the element that seperates
them is that they can't truly feel the emotions to the full
experience. Roxas appears to be the only exception,
he can feel emotions which is what seperates him from
all the other Nobodies including Axel and Namine.

EDIT: This post took five minutes to write because of
interruptions so I hadn't seen the previous two posts
until I already posted.

Qarx

*Sigh*

Basically, nobodies don't have hearts, but fortunately remember what it was like to have them (save for Xemnas, Roxas and Namine) since they retain memories of their former lives they have the ability to "simulate" emotions to a certain degree. In a sense they are acting; a ruse that intends to trick others, also acting out emotions help make them feel like they are whole at the very least.

Roxas on the other hand seems to have complex emotions, most likely stemming from the fact that Sora is still alive and coexisting in the same realm of existence as him. It's arguable as to how he has very complex emotions and as to how he can wield other then the fact he's Sora's nobody (and by extension can wield as well).

No, they do hold memories.

Yes, that much is true, or at least according to KH2, from the story itself, to the Ansem/Secret Ansem's Reports, along with Another Report. We learn all this, but it (can't believe I'm quoting Ansem the Wise) all that knowledge amounts to nothing, due to the poor writing, anyway (correct me if necessary)

Funny how the Keyblade chooses one who has a strong heart, but Roxas is a Nobody, and by that extension, has no heart. Yet he gets the Keyblade nonetheless.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I'd say Nobodies can't feel emotions genuinely, but I'd say they can emulate them, or remember the feeling and try to express it. That's how I've always explained it to myself.

Roxas and Namine are both special Nobodies, not only in their unusual birth, but also the fact that they existed at the same time as their Nobody, so that second part may or may not have anything to do with emotions.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I tend to believe more and more that we need to take Naminé's words of Nobodies being incomplete people at face value.
They're people - being that they can feel - but their Hearts are missing. That lack affects them greatly and overshadows everything else, including their morals, but I don't think really that they're incapable of emotions - at least not for a while.
Roxas and Naminé were both created recently, so it losing the ability to feel is a gradual process - like a Heartless losing its Memories to its Nobody - it would explain the both of them.
Axel is explainable for having came into contact with Roxas, yet on the long run he too seemed to be lacking the "basics", so it all still ties in.

Genesis

Broken Down On Memory Lane
Yeah, basically what is said here.

I feel that nobodies actually only remember what its like, so they act as if they do have feelings and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back