• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Noblesse, Tower of God, All other Webtoon Manwha!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you read Manwha?

• No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Used to.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I see a lot of great Manga/Anime discussions going on in the forums but I can't help but feel like we're missing some major stuff. I'm talking about Manwha, Korean Comics. They have great weekly stories in full color and all chapters are released at the same time in English and Korean by the publisher, Webtoon. They also have a free iPhone/Android App so you can catch them on the go. My favorite series are Noblesse, Tower of God, and Sidekicks. Some other big series are Orange Marmalade, Girl's of the Wild's, God of High School, The Gamer, and unTouchable.

Noblesse
Noblesse_Mobile_Background.jpg

Rank #1 Webtoon
Rank #29 Mangafox
Season 7
359 Chapters
Updates Every Monday
Rai, the noblest of all vampires, wakes up from 820-years long sleep and starts his new life as a student in a school founded by his loyal servant, Frankenstein. But his peaceful days with other students are interrupted by mysterious attackers known as the "Unions"...
Read it at it's source here.
Honestly the best thing about this series are the protagonists. Very different from your traditional Shonen lead. Very powerful from the get go and when he goes all out it's awesome, but he doesn't fight often. Instead he's surrounded by great friends who do fight often and are always exciting to see in action.

Tower of God
572b5905-483e-4fbe-8ab7-8ceedd5c9e9e_zps9cvdvups.jpg

Rank #6 Webtoon
Rank #14 Mangafox
Season 2
235 Chapters
Updates Every Sunday
BAM, who was alone all his life has entered the tower to chase after his only friend, RACHEL, but how will he survive without having any special strength or power?
Honestly this series is really interesting. Starts off slow. Kind of like Katekyo Hitman Reborn! but when it speeds up it's amazing. End of Season One and onward is phenomenal. The main character is cool. He always ends up amazing me but I enjoy his friends more than him. He's also not as much in the traditional Shonen hero. More like Tsuna from Hitman Reborn! or Shinji from Neon Genesis Evangelion but with more drive and less fear. His friends really look after him and put him in the best position to succeed.

Sidekicks
fc9c78bb-0f5b-4d36-af65-8cb2e0c0fd78_zpsdx0m51wm.jpg

Season 2
52 Chapters
Updates Every Wednesday
Even if people are born with super powers, they must serve as sidekicks of superheroes in order to become superheroes themselves. Dream Girl has the power to make people fall asleep. She is the sidekick of Darkslug, who is not a great hero compared to his reputation. One day, Dream Girl and Theo work together to get rid of villains and save the world.
Honestly this series is exactly what it says. It's a take on following around a superhero as the sidekick. Basically a super intern. Sidekicks handle all the minor issues in need of a super hero where as the superhero will step in when the side kick can't handle it (think super villains and such). The plot goes into depth fairly quickly as the supervillains get bolder and secrets regarding the very essence of superpowers come into play. It's a really interesting comic and it's nice to get an Eastern take on classic super heroes. Also the main character's hero is absolutely hilarious and incredibly powerful. A great character.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
A fellow ToG fan! I haven't read the others but I follow ToG regularly! It's epic!

Awards
A fellow ToG fan! I haven't read the others but I follow ToG regularly! It's epic!
Yes ToG is amazing. Just finished the latest chapter. It's nice seeing Bam's master again. Especially since Mr. Khun hasn't met him yet. I just wish Bam had a new goal. His singular obsession with Rachel is definitely understandable with his background but it's annoying at this point. He has so much more potential than her. Brings back memories of Season 1's ending all over again.

Anagram

Banned
Yes ToG is amazing. Just finished the latest chapter. It's nice seeing Bam's master again. Especially since Mr. Khun hasn't met him yet. I just wish Bam had a new goal. His singular obsession with Rachel is definitely understandable with his background but it's annoying at this point. He has so much more potential than her. Brings back memories of Season 1's ending all over again.

Agreed. Something really needs to change about Bams obsession. Outside him though the series and all the other characters continue to be interesting and amazing. Rak is the most enjoyable character ever.

Awards
Yeah I agree, I wish they would show the old team from Season 1 though. I miss Anak and Androssi the Princesses of Jahad. Right now my favorite main characters are Khun and Wanagan. Really looking forward to Wanagan's backstory and his connection to Karaka. Beta is also growing on me. Though coolest character in the series right now is Urek probably followed by Jinsung Ha. It has a lot of plot lines going on right now. Kind of in a One Piece style format. They have the main goal and then all of these important side threads that will be resolved along the way. Seeing as One Piece is my fave series I can see why I like it so much. I miss Viole though and what do you think is going on with the Needle Rak is hilarious "Little Turtles"

Anagram

Banned
Definitely all interesting characters. I was just thinking the same thing the other day. About how ToG is similar to One Piece. It has a massive cast that never gets neglected, each with their own backstory and agenda, and yet somehow they all tie in. Genius stuff.

The thorn is definitely suspicious. An irregular once used it to kill a guardian. Even the current ruling families have never killed a guardian of the towers floors. They're that powerful. Something of that magnitude must have some level of sentience I think.
It's mentioning of Bam coming though is strange. Was Bam predicted?

Awards
Yeah it seems to be alive. I wonder if he's going to learn the story for himself or from Urek How do you like where the series currently is personally the hell train arc was alright I think Hoaquin will pick things up a bit

Anagram

Banned
I find the arc a bit dragging right now but only because it's building up to something with this mysterious slayer candidate that is somehow also a regular. Something is building up with the thorn as well. I noticed that Bams mindless pursuit of Rachel, aka his "star", mirrors the myth of the tower itself.

I can't wait to see how Bams old teacher and the mix of his old and new friends turns out either. 8D

Awards
Have you been on the ToG wiki. Apparently the author goes into far more detail about the universe of ToG on his blog.
Also what do you think of Rachel. What motivates her and why does Bam still follow her.

Anagram

Banned
I haven't read the wiki in a while but I was aware. Its little tidbits but they add up.
I think Bam at this point in time is just some clingy on the level of obsessive stalker. At this point he really needs to think more of his friends than a girl thats tried to kill him repeatedly.
As for Rachel. I'm honestly baffled. She seems to think she can see real stars at the top of the tower and she says she fears Bam.

Awards
Rachel seemed extra creepy this chapter. Though Jinhung was pretty cool. Khun was genuinely frightened, more so than he probably has ever been during his lifetime. What did you think of the breif Hoaquin cutscene. Out of Bam's league 0,o

Also I didn't realize this up until now, but do you realize how important Bam's new last name is?

Anagram

Banned
Welp finally read it and interesting developments to say the least. This Haoquin person seems.....really off. I enjoyed Khun being frightened for once. It's always nice to see a character usually in control not so every once and a while.
I'd say there are plenty of people out of Bams league currently.

What is his new last name? o_0

Anagram

Banned
Oh you meant his FUG name. Fun fact many characters and aspects are also named after aquatic life. Rachel is named after light and Bam literally means the 25th Night. A funner connection is the myth of the towers creation to Bams journey.

Awards
That is pretty cool. I think the series is progressing well. I wish they'd make animes of Manwha. South Korea has some good animation studios like Studio Mir who did Legend of Korra and the Boondocks; Koko Enterprises who did Batman Beyond, The New Batman Adventures, Superman TAS, Justice League, and Totally Spies; Emation who did Family Guy, Ultimate Spider Man, Xiaolin Showdown, and Billy and Mandy; plus many more List of South Korean Animation Studios. Hopefully if they get popular enough we'll see it happen. I mean they do have a publisher that's part of a multi billion dollar company in Naver. I guess time will tell if these series get the justice they deserve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also you should really give Noblesse a try. It's one of the Naver's big 3 Shonens (Tower of God, Noblesse, and more recently The Gamer). The art's great and the story is well thought out. Another series that seems to be well structured. The best comparison for it would be Bleach but told from the perspective of one of the Zero Division Royal Guard who is living a regular life, kind of like Urahara, Yoruichi, or Ichigo's Dad. Except the series is much better structured, probably because the main character already starts off fully developed power wise and traverses through a well structured story arc. It also has 360 chapters now so you don't have to deal with the weekly waiting and can binge read to your heart's content.

Anagram

Banned
Manwha definitely needs more animations. Tower of God would be grant. Though I'd wait till it was finished. Just imagine what studio filler would do to ToG. =[

I've never heard of Noblesse. o_0

Awards
Manwha definitely needs more animations. Tower of God would be grant. Though I'd wait till it was finished. Just imagine what studio filler would do to ToG. =[
The filler would be horrible. However, I think it will be a long time before the series ends and wouldn't want to wait that long. It'll probably be long and drawn out. He's only a third of the way to the currently known top of the tower. It could easily go 800+ chapters a la One Piece
I've never heard of Noblesse. o_0
Where do you read Tower of God from? At it's main source (in HQ with official translations) they advertise for all of their other Manwha, especially Noblesse. When you finish each chapter it shows similar series, linking each series to each other,
Official Noblesse Page/Source
Noblesse on Wikipedia
Noblesse Wiki
Official Tower of God Page/Source

What series of Manga do you read?
Top Manwha's by Publisher Naver

Anagram

Banned
I would much rather wait, enjoy the comic, and bide time than risk filler time and ending. To many series have been ruined by that formula and ToG doesn't deserve to joined the ruined.

I always went straight to ToG after it ended up on webtoons. I used other places before and never explored webtoons main page.

Edit. On chapter 50 now. That glorious moment of Rai finally learning how to open a door was the most hilarious sh*t I've seen in forever.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Regis just now got free and I'm agonizing because Rai isn't at the damn scene yet. CURSE YOU SUSPENSE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back