• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Noblesse, Tower of God, All other Webtoon Manwha!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you read Manwha?

• No!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Used to.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
I know what you mean! ;-; Their last fight had me worried yet it was so enjoyable to see their teamwork in action after their "training" or help form Frankenstien at getting stronger.
I rather like Frank and Rai as well despite Rais stoic nature and both of their OP status.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Frank and Rai are OP done right, I think. Frank usually sends anyone he fights scurrying, but it's not always an easy fight, plus he always seems to become a bit unhinged during those moments. There's enough suspense to keep things fun. Rai... I remember a commenter compared him to One-Punch Man. He only shows up when he's needed most, and he defeats everything in one punch sometimes just by talking. It's cool enough that I can overlook how OP it is. Yeah, he's got a stoic and really serious attitude, but it's hilarious when you watch him take something like ramyeon so seriously.

Come to think, the raymeon's probably one of the best running gags in this whole thing. It's just noodles in soup, but Rai takes it so incredibly seriously that its importance just rubs off on everyone else. It's beautiful. :'D

Anagram

Banned
Your right. I guess I'm not used to OP being done right lol. It's so rare in stories! I love Franks battles. Not really for his unhinged moments but right before when you can tell his darker aspects are showing with his obvious delight in scaring his opponent. Like the time he let dark spear devour someone. He's oddly honorable though. Since he was disgusted by human experimentation when and Organization person pointed out their research was based on what he founded centuries before only for Frank to clarify he only ever experimented on himself.
I love Rais funny moments. One huge complaint I had of the OVa is it skips them. You dont see Rai struggling to open Franks electronic door but also being late because he's too respectful to just bust it down lol. As it goes he fights more difficult opponents but so far only one has been confirmed to be his equal.

lol I know. The best moment was him showing the Lord how to eat ramen xD

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
All the ramen moments. Every single one, whether they're from Rai or anyone else, it's just pure gold.

What are OVA's? And how could they skip Rai vs. technology?! D8

Anagram

Banned
Original Video Animation. Kinda like an anime but usually only one episode or two or for specific things. I think anyway. The longest OVA I know of is Hellsing Ultimate which retells the manga story in 12 or 13 episodes. I think they tend to be higher quality too.

I wanna say because they was compressing the story for the single OVA episode but honestly nothing excuses leaving out Rais struggle with technology. T-T

Anagram

Banned
Well finally glad to see that annoying ass Gradeous dead. I've been wondering why Frank never used his contract with Rai before but it was awesome! I'm also glad he let his spear eat that annoying bastards soul. Now if only Rai would finish it up as fast.

I'm still drudging through Lessa and Gepetto but they're getting more promising as I go! Webtoons is an honest to God gold mine! ;-;

AS FOR TOWER OF GOD! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a hiatus! T-T Oh well at least that last one was good. Nothing grand but Yuri finally finding her lil crush lol. Also...that poor poor sweetfish *takes off hat in remembrance*

Edit.....caught up on Girls of the Wild's...that got dark quick...

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Well finally glad to see that annoying ass Gradeous dead. I've been wondering why Frank never used his contract with Rai before but it was awesome! I'm also glad he let his spear eat that annoying bastards soul. Now if only Rai would finish it up as fast.
Is it bad that I was cheering when that guy was devoured by Dark Spear? I don't think I've been that delighted by such a gruesome death in a while. You know what? This most recent chapter is all the more proof that Rai is OP done right. Something as simple as widened eyes or gritted teeth from him are enough to make you worry, and this most recent chapter had him with a look of legitimate distress... Nothing conveys how dire a situation is than a stoic, overpowered god with an expression that clearly reads "Oh shit..."

Aaaand I'm fully caught up on Noblesse, too. What am I gonna do with my spare time now?!

AS FOR TOWER OF GOD! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a hiatus! T-T Oh well at least that last one was good. Nothing grand but Yuri finally finding her lil crush lol. Also...that poor poor sweetfish *takes off hat in remembrance*
A hiatus?!! One of the comments on a chapter of Noblesse was joking that Baam would make it to the top of the Tower before the fight in Lucedonia ended, but... looks like that's not the case.

Also... near-baseless speculation time! I can't help but wonder... The reason why Baam is so incredibly talented with manipulating shinsu, why he was sealed in a cave by himself, why Rachel found him and led him out... I'm getting the feeling that it's got something to do with Jahad. A comment (and the ToG wiki) both pointed out that a symbol very similar to the mark of Jahad can be seen on the wall of Baam's cave. He might've been kept in the cave specifically because of that latent power of his, lead out for the same reason, and why he had so much power in the first place... This doesn't seem like the kind of universe where unnaturally powerful people are just born from average parents.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Is it bad that I was cheering when that guy was devoured by Dark Spear? I don't think I've been that delighted by such a gruesome death in a while. You know what? This most recent chapter is all the more proof that Rai is OP done right. Something as simple as widened eyes or gritted teeth from him are enough to make you worry, and this most recent chapter had him with a look of legitimate distress... Nothing conveys how dire a situation is than a stoic, overpowered god with an expression that clearly reads "Oh shit..."

Aaaand I'm fully caught up on Noblesse, too. What am I gonna do with my spare time now?!

A hiatus?!! One of the comments on a chapter of Noblesse was joking that Baam would make it to the top of the Tower before the fight in Lucedonia ended, but... looks like that's not the case.

Also... near-baseless speculation time! I can't help but wonder... The reason why Baam is so incredibly talented with manipulating shinsu, why he was sealed in a cave by himself, why Rachel found him and led him out... I'm getting the feeling that it's got something to do with Jahad. A comment (and the ToG wiki) both pointed out that a symbol very similar to the mark of Jahad can be seen on the wall of Baam's cave. He might've been kept in the cave specifically because of that latent power of his, lead out for the same reason, and why he had so much power in the first place... This doesn't seem like the kind of universe where unnaturally powerful people are just born from average parents.
lmao Hardly. I cheer each time he uses the dark spear on someone like that. This guy especially >:D
I know what you mean. I think part of it is because Rai doesn't fight as often as the others. He's usually in a more comedic setting like fighting electronics. He's also oddly stoic but personified. You basically understand his character despite his few words.

I can give you more stories. ;3

Never believe the comments. I often ignore them due to spoilers.

Joining in baseless speculation time! Well when part two started the term "Son of Jahard" was coined. It likes to point you towards the blonde kid with bombs (can't spell his name) with his ring and all but I think this is a redharring. For 1) because it was explicitly stated Jahard doesn't have children. All his daughters are adopted from other families and them having children is explicitly forbidden. 2) Bam was sealed in a cave, for an unknown amount of time, which had the Jahard symbol in it. While he started out weak his talent or what others consider "monstrous" is his ability to mimic. You hit him with something once or even show it and he's learned it. For a world filled with magic energy/water like shinsoo Bam's ability would be incredibly frightening.

He grows in power steadily but the way he learns is abnormal and basically a ratio of him learning in moments what takes others years. Plus you have his much darker nature. This is only seen in his obsession of Rachel but regardless when he acts without restraint over her his powers show just how dangerous they are since he's not of his calmer mentality.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Joining in baseless speculation time! Well when part two started the term "Son of Jahard" was coined. It likes to point you towards the blonde kid with bombs (can't spell his name) with his ring and all but I think this is a redharring. For 1) because it was explicitly stated Jahard doesn't have children. All his daughters are adopted from other families and them having children is explicitly forbidden. 2) Bam was sealed in a cave, for an unknown amount of time, which had the Jahard symbol in it. While he started out weak his talent or what others consider "monstrous" is his ability to mimic. You hit him with something once or even show it and he's learned it. For a world filled with magic energy/water like shinsoo Bam's ability would be incredibly frightening.

He grows in power steadily but the way he learns is abnormal and basically a ratio of him learning in moments what takes others years. Plus you have his much darker nature. This is only seen in his obsession of Rachel but regardless when he acts without restraint over her his powers show just how dangerous they are since he's not of his calmer mentality.

I must've never picked up on any of those hints about... ah dammit, I can't remember his name either. Wait, I think it was Wangnan or something like that? Anyways, other than him surviving that blow to the heart from Beta, I never noticed anything too suspicious about him.

Eh, I wouldn't be too sure about Jahard not having children. The daughters of Jahard aren't supposed to have kids either, but we all know how that went. Has anything explicitly stated that Jahard is incapable of having children?

Anagram

Banned
I must've never picked up on any of those hints about... ah dammit, I can't remember his name either. Wait, I think it was Wangnan or something like that? Anyways, other than him surviving that blow to the heart from Beta, I never noticed anything too suspicious about him.

Eh, I wouldn't be too sure about Jahard not having children. The daughters of Jahard aren't supposed to have kids either, but we all know how that went. Has anything explicitly stated that Jahard is incapable of having children?

That sounds about right, Wangwan or something. What is odd about him is his Jahard shaped ring. A random guy wouldn't have that.

I didn't say Jahard had no kids only that it's stated he doesn't. ;3 The fact that he doesn't want his adopted daughters having them and spreading the power may be a hint. Perhaps he doesn't have them due to a dangerous child he's already fathered. Like Bam for example.

Whatever the cause of theory the fact that Jahard doesn't want or allow a blood lineage is odd in it's own right given his teammates made the huge families they have now.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
That sounds about right, Wangwan or something. What is odd about him is his Jahard shaped ring. A random guy wouldn't have that.
I need to go back and take a look at this, because I honestly don't remember him having a ring like that...

I didn't say Jahard had no kids only that it's stated he doesn't. ;3 The fact that he doesn't want his adopted daughters having them and spreading the power may be a hint. Perhaps he doesn't have them due to a dangerous child he's already fathered. Like Bam for example.
This was along the lines of what I was thinking. IIRC, the main reason why children of the daughters are forbidden is because, unlike their mothers, they're born with a tremendous amount of power, so they take for granted the sort of strength that others practically dedicate their lives to obtaining. I'd guess that Jahard hasn't created a bloodline because he's just that damn powerful. Can't have a bunch of OP kids destabilizing the world as you know it. That, and perhaps Jahard fears a being that could match or surpass his own power, and believes that the quickest way to creating such a being would be to have a child who directly inherits his power.

Anagram

Banned
This was along the lines of what I was thinking. IIRC, the main reason why children of the daughters are forbidden is because, unlike their mothers, they're born with a tremendous amount of power, so they take for granted the sort of strength that others practically dedicate their lives to obtaining. I'd guess that Jahard hasn't created a bloodline because he's just that damn powerful. Can't have a bunch of OP kids destabilizing the world as you know it. That, and perhaps Jahard fears a being that could match or surpass his own power, and believes that the quickest way to creating such a being would be to have a child who directly inherits his power.

My thoughts exactly! One princess had a child and she is strong. Although Jahards daughters are adopted so whatever he does to adpot them likely passes on a amount of power he's comfortable with. Now take a naturally born one. Take one that is made without any limitations due to natural birth. I can imagine this idea scares Jahard given his own rules of bloodline.

Of course this begs a question. Why imprison one rather than just killing it? Perhaps there's alternate reasons for his rules on bloodline rather than fear.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Of course this begs a question. Why imprison one rather than just killing it? Perhaps there's alternate reasons for his rules on bloodline rather than fear.
If it turns out that we're right, I'd imagine there's some kind of plot reason tha- OH.
Maybe it wasn't Jahard's idea in the first place. What if Baam was in there not because someone wanted to imprison him, but to hide him from Jahard and his agents for an indefinite amount of time?

Anagram

Banned
If it turns out that we're right, I'd imagine there's some kind of plot reason tha- OH.
Maybe it wasn't Jahard's idea in the first place. What if Baam was in there not because someone wanted to imprison him, but to hide him from Jahard and his agents for an indefinite amount of time?

That's also very possible! Or you could flip it and say Jahard hid him for the same reason. =O
I wish we knew or even saw more of Jahard and the other ten family leads to know more. Like why did they stop on the floor they did? There's actually floors above the one's Jahard rules.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Well, it looks like we got our wish. After such an insanely drawn-out battle, Rai ends it super fast. I think this chapter has set a new record for Rai's clothing damage and the number of times that he emotes strongly. I mean, he lost an entire sleeve during that fight. Unbelievable.

Oh yeah, I've been spreading the word about manwha's existence. I even got one of my teachers interested!

Anagram

Banned
Well, it looks like we got our wish. After such an insanely drawn-out battle, Rai ends it super fast. I think this chapter has set a new record for Rai's clothing damage and the number of times that he emotes strongly. I mean, he lost an entire sleeve during that fight. Unbelievable.

Oh yeah, I've been spreading the word about manwha's existence. I even got one of my teachers interested!
We did!? *rushes to webtoons*

Read the other stories and webcomics I showed you yet? :]

Edit---
Read it. FINALLY, FUCKING FINALLY. That was dragging on way to damn long. T-T The fact he cried is more impacting than the sleeve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back