• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

No Troop Protection.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Yeah, I guess. I agree that we shouldn't be in Iraq, but I really don't think that there is any sort of real threat being posed towards us, right now. I could be wrong, though. I guess if the "enemy," is good at what they're doing, I wouldn't know. :D

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Self explanitory. Americans have no protection here if Iraq or China or some other country with big guns try and come here. Bush has them in Iraq.

The solution is simple: don't provoke anyone with said big guns.

How could Iraq attack us if we already have our troops there? China has absolutely no reason to attack us, considering that we're one of its biggest trading partners. Russia is in absolutely no position to attack us, considering their economic state.

Stop worrying. This is what diplomacy is for.

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
Speaking of death likeliness, we're more likely to die from a falling coconut than a shark attack.</Off-topic>
Anyway...do you have any idea of how large the armed forces are? Only a fraction of our troops are in the Middle-East, while others are here at home and Africa(which is strange, since we seem to want nothing to do with that continent).
Not to say that I don't think Iraq occupation is stupid and pointless, though. It most certainly is.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Kiss Of Death said:
Self explanitory. Americans have no protection here if Iraq or China or some other country with big guns try and come here. Bush has them in Iraq.
Did you forgot about of stockpile of nuclear weapons?
The solution is simple: don't provoke anyone with said big guns.
Two USS Carriers in the Gulf Stream. Lovely.
China has absolutely no reason to attack us, considering that we're one of its biggest trading partners.
China might do something, should we attack Iran.
Russia is in absolutely no position to attack us, considering their economic state.
I do believe they still have their weapons from the Cold War, you know, the ones we neglected to contain. I thought they were making a good deal of money off these weapons.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Two USS Carriers in the Gulf Stream. Lovely.

As if two carriers there is going to scare living crap of China...

China might do something, should we attack Iran.

Oh? Just what might that something be and why would they do it?

I do believe they still have their weapons from the Cold War, you know, the ones we neglected to contain. I thought they were making a good deal of money off these weapons.

"They make money off of something, therefore their entire economy is heathly."

gb2economicsclass

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
...Since when did China care about Iran? I must be missing something. You're thinking of North Korea. They're the crazy communists. While the Chinese are the communists that are moving toward capitalism.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
As if two carriers there is going to scare living crap of China...
My apologies. I put "Gulf" instead of "Persian". Anyhow, our carriers are in Iranian waters. If the Iranians are willing to capture 15 British soldiers (although released), they could just as well attack our carriers.
Oh? Just what might that something be and why would they do it?
Iran basically controls the Strait of Hormuz, a major source of oil for both Russia and China. Should the US attack, Iran could easily blockade the strait to impend reinforcements but at the same time stop the export of oil.
As for what China would do, (as well as any other country) they could dump US dollars. They could also send forces (although uncertain of the possibility) considering they do have Russian technology.
"They make money off of something, therefore their entire economy is heathly."
Please, continue putting words into my mouth. Just keep assuming that whatever I post is disagreement and comes off completely inane.
They're the crazy communists. While the Chinese are the communists that are moving toward capitalism.
There are no communist

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
North Korea IS a Communist Country, as was China. Now it's mostly considered a "second world" country, a country that is coming out of Communism/Still slightly is. I almost forgot about the oil crisis, as well, we really need to stop depending on it and just switch to E-85. Geez, it's not that hard. Besides, we all know the oil Barons would take over the ethanol industry as soon as it starts, anyway.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
My apologies. I put "Gulf" instead of "Persian". Anyhow, our carriers are in Iranian waters. If the Iranians are willing to capture 15 British soldiers (although released), they could just as well attack our carriers.

Capturing a couple of soldiers is hardly in the same league as attacking US carriers.

Iran basically controls the Strait of Hormuz, a major source of oil for both Russia and China. Should the US attack, Iran could easily blockade the strait to impend reinforcements but at the same time stop the export of oil.

Why would Iran do that? Iran gets its money from oil.

Please, continue putting words into my mouth. Just keep assuming that whatever I post is disagreement and comes off completely inane.

What else is anyone supposed to think with that reply?

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
North Korea IS a Communist Country, as was China. Now it's mostly considered a "second world" country, a country that is coming out of Communism/Still slightly is. I almost forgot about the oil crisis, as well, we really need to stop depending on it and just switch to E-85. Geez, it's not that hard. Besides, we all know the oil Barons would take over the ethanol industry as soon as it starts, anyway.
No, North Korea IS a *would-be* Communist Country. All "Communist" countries were/are in their proletariat state.
Capturing a couple of soldiers is hardly in the same league as attacking US carriers.
How exactly? Both (alleged presence of British soldiers in Iranian water and US carriers) could be considered acts of war by Iran. They would have all rights to attack.
Why would Iran do that? Iran gets its money from oil.
Because they were just attacked by the US? I thought we were discussing why China might retaliate should the US attack Iran.
What else is anyone supposed to think with that reply?
You mention Russia's inability to attack us because of their economic state. I mention their weapons and money.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
No, North Korea IS a *would-be* Communist Country. All "Communist" countries were/are in their proletariat state.

How exactly? Both (alleged presence of British soldiers in Iranian water and US carriers) could be considered acts of war by Iran. They would have all rights to attack.

...one as drastic as an outright attack on a carrier? I think not.

Because they were just attacked by the US? I thought we were discussing why China might retaliate should the US attack Iran.

Why would you cut off your own primary source of income when you need it the most, e.i. when at war?

You mention Russia's inability to attack us because of their economic state. I mention their weapons and money.

Let's re-examine this:

This was in reply to the economic state of Russia. Do you honestly think if Russia launches its weapons at the US there will be no retaliation? No, the US would then launch its own weapons from its stockpile. This would of course lead to a war, something that Russia cannot afford at the moment.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
...one as drastic as an outright attack on a carrier? I think not.
America is no longer the unassailable military power that it was thought of after the Cold War. Iran stands to gain a nuclear parity with Israel.
Why would you cut off your own primary source of income when you need it the most, e.i. when at war?
We're fighting in their territory. Our previous encounters in the Persian Gulf weren't exactly a walk in the park. Iran also happens to be the regional 'leader' and still has the support of it's Muslim allies.
This was in reply to the economic state of Russia. Do you honestly think if Russia launches its weapons at the US there will be no retaliation? No, the US would then launch its own weapons from its stockpile. This would of course lead to a war, something that Russia cannot afford at the moment.
Can we afford a third front?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Can we afford a third front?

That's hardly the point. Russia would have no reason to attack, because all it'd accomplish is sink itself, regardless of how the USA fares. So, because it would not benefit Russia in any way, they won't.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
That's hardly the point. Russia would have no reason to attack, because all it'd accomplish is sink itself, regardless of how the USA fares. So, because it would not benefit Russia in any way, they won't.
Russia also benefits Iran's export of oil and their weapons are sold to the Middle East. Any further intervention from the US to gain dominance in the area might result in Russia's involvement. If not Russia alone, China and India may join in via their previously announced "Multi-Polar World Order"
Mind you, I brought up the point because Square's last sentence made it seem as if the prospect of war was enough to drive Russia away, even when they were provoked by the US.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Mind you, I brought up the point because Square's last sentence made it seem as if the prospect of war was enough to drive Russia away, even when they were provoked by the US.

Perhaps not drive Russia completely away, but they would certainly be quite discouraged.

America is no longer the unassailable military power that it was thought of after the Cold War. Iran stands to gain a nuclear parity with Israel.

Unassailable? No. A state so powerful that it's a bad idea for small states to mess with? Yeah, even with nukes.

We're fighting in their territory. Our previous encounters in the Persian Gulf weren't exactly a walk in the park. Iran also happens to be the regional 'leader' and still has the support of it's Muslim allies.

Do these supporters still offer the kind of economic support Iran would need for such action?

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Unassailable? No. A state so powerful that it's a bad idea for small states to mess with? Yeah, even with nukes.
Does size equal power now? And it's not the small states messing with the the bigger one. The bigger one is provoking the smaller ones. Our troops are split, our people are split, they're focused and organized.
Do these supporters still offer the kind of economic support Iran would need for such action?
I was suggesting support in terms of military. I do know their current economic states to support Iran with money and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back