• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

No Re:coded ANYTHING?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenin

Banned
there really isn't anything to talk about. All the info is pretty much out there. They really just had to say it's coming out in english. All i thought when I saw it was. "Great I sold my Ds! Now I gotta borrow my lil bros" lol

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
It's a Kingdom Hearts game, it's NEVER going to bomb, least of all in Japan where they eat up pointless Final Mixes like they're candy-coated rainbows.

Last I checked the majority of Final Mixes were eaten up by fans in the western hemisphere. Most final mixes sold through imports. Nomura even knew of this, yet they still did not release a final mix outside. Even RE:COM did well in the US based on little to no advertising to it.

BTW: wasn't teh first Final Mix supposed to be sold somewhere in europe do to some deal with S-E?? Or did that fall apart?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Sorry but it's because the press doesn't care about Re:Coded, lol.

You might find a YouTube video or something if there was a booth demo, but idk

Considering everything else that was announced at e3, re:coded is nonexistent in comparison.

washi95

It most likely wasn't shown at E3 because it would most likely get overshadowed by the announcement of Kingdom Hearts 3D.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Well, E3 is over, and we got ZERO Re:coded information except for 2 screenshots. WTF?! Do you think ANYTHING about the game will be revealed soon, or do you think we're gonna have to wait for Gamescom in AUGUST to get any information??

What's there to learn? It's just a remake of Coded with updated graphics and battlesystem pretty much. TBH, I'd rather hear more information about 3D and BBS.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
What's there to learn? It's just a remake of Coded with updated graphics and battlesystem pretty much. TBH, I'd rather hear more information about 3D and BBS.

why is everyone saying it will have updated graphics?

DoCoMo:
kingdom-hearts-coded-famitsu-1.jpg

Nintendo DS:
coded003.jpg

they don't seem "updated"? (MomentoMori i'm not ironic)why didn't they use the psp in the first place?
the only thing i can think of is that the DS has sold more units, but still.. 358/2 Days graphics where awful in comparison with BSB's.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
The PSP isn't really doing so hot anymore. A lot of its marketshare has been eaten up by the iPhone.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
i don't know how debug works, but i trust you. but the graphics are not considered updated right???

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

DoCoMo:

Nintendo DS:
coded003.jpg

they don't seem "updated"? (MomentoMori i'm not ironic)why didn't they use the psp in the first place?
the only thing i can think of is that the DS has sold more units, but still.. 358/2 Days graphics where awful in comparison with BSB's.
they're considered updated because they went from 2d sprites to complete 3d.
its on the ds because the PSP team is working on KH3D.

Awards

DoCoMo:

Nintendo DS:
coded003.jpg

The graphics ARE updated. The original version uses 2D sprites. Re:coded uses 3D models. They don't look that bad on the DS screen, that picture is just blown up.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]

DoCoMo:

Nintendo DS:
coded003.jpg

From what I recall, Square has been trying to join forces with Nintendo since, like, forever. It's only natural that they try to get alot of games as they can on Nintendo consles and handhelds. Plus, Days graphics weren't that bad. The screenshots are usually different from the actual game graphics, for better or worse. For the DS, I think the actual game will look better than the screenshots. Also, I'd like to point something out:

Has anyone noticed that the combat system for Re:Coded iseems similar to BBS's?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This was posted on HEARTSTATION.ORG

No Re:coded? At around seven o’clock EST, I was watching the GameSpot Live Cam Tour and he went to the Square-Enix booth. They got pretty mad at the “guide,” or whatever you want to call him, for shooting the Birth by Sleep trailer and demos, so he moved on to a cinema-style area of the display where they were playing a Kingdom Hearts video on a large screen. The first thing I noticed was something that appeared to be a scene that was shown in a screenshot from Re:coded. Then, it showed an image of Jiminy Cricket and his journal. In the journal, it showed the familiar words, “Thank Naminé.” Then, the pages flipped to something that said, “Their [insert painful word] will be mended, when you choose to end it,” or something along the lines of that. Then another staff member ushered the guide away from the video, because they didn’t want him capturing it? However, nobody else seems to have seen this, so I feel as if I’m hallucinating! Maybe I am? In that case, I wouldn’t take my word for it if I were you, but I just thought I’d share. :)

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
The graphics ARE updated. The original version uses 2D sprites. Re:coded uses 3D models. They don't look that bad on the DS screen, that picture is just blown up.

The 3D background looks worse and it looks like they took out Debug mode ( I hope not!)

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
it only looks worse because its stretched beyond belief. on the actual system it will look fine.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
They've opened the website for Re: Coded. That's always a source of information.

And don't forget that the biggest purpose of E3 was to promote BbS and reveal 3DS. Re: Coded has already been released as CODED so they're not going to do the fandango about it.

That painful word is 'torment'.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
it only looks worse because its stretched beyond belief. on the actual system it will look fine.

Both images are streched the same. Oh you mean the DS image is smaller!! even worse and it isn't 16X9 like the top screen. It should have been on PSP bundled with BBS. Whatever I have a DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back