• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Nisekoi gets animu by SHAFT and Akiyuki Shinbo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esso

Fire Breaker
Bakemonogatari Director Shinbo, SHAFT Make Nisekoi TV Anime - News - Anime News Network

I'd strongly recommend skipping the summary they gove in this article and on MyAnimeList(MAL) since it's pretty spoilerish on later events.
As a child, Raku Ichijo made a secret promise with his childhood sweetheart, keeping a pendant as a memento while his love took the key. He dreams of one day meeting his past love, but years later, reality smashes his hopes when Chitoge Kirisaki accidentally knees him in the face...

Though Raku’s a normal high schooler, his family heads the notorious yakuza gang the Shuei-Gumi faction! And he’s dragged into family affairs when he’s forced into a relationship with Chitoge, the daughter of a rival gang’s boss!

While the main plot of the manga right now may be a bit slow for the time-being, but it's definitely funnier than most romcom a I've seen recently. The author Komi Naoshi has done some really great one-shots in the past, but unfortunately Double Arts got axed even though it was highly praised by a good number of people as far as I've seen. Glad to see this getting an adaption considering the people working on it and this manga's hilarious trademark facial expressions:
fksg8w.png

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I absolutely loved Double Arts and was devastated about it being cancelled.

I'm not up to date on Nisekoi...but Shaft and Shinbo? Why wouldn't I love it?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I'm not up to date on Nisekoi...but Shaft and Shinbo? Why wouldn't I love it?

Depends. How do you feel about Denpa Onna and Sasami-san `3`

Anyway, definitely an interesting choice. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it.

Though, the head tilts will be strong with this one.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Yes! I can't wait for this to be turned into an anime! I love Nisekoi! I support the pairing Chitoge & Raku. :D I'll admit, the amount of love interests there are can be a little much. If done right; it will be awesome and hilarious!

Awards
Yes! I can't wait for this to be turned into an anime! I love Nisekoi! I support the pairing Chitoge & Raku. :D I'll admit, the amount of love interests there are can be a little much. If done right; it will be awesome and hilarious!
It had a strong start, so the anime should definitely be worth watching. Especially since it'll mean seeing Chitoge in the spotlight again, since she's been pretty absent in the manga lately.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I remember the one shot to this! Also remember Double Arts </3 wish that one had made it.
I haven't started the manga yet but will definitely have to see the anime.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Another new blissful update: Nisekoi (KOMI Naoshi) 82 - Read Nisekoi (KOMI Naoshi) Chapter 82 Online - Page 1

Poor Raku is always roped into things. I gotta say, I enjoyed this chapter and Raku amuses me when it comes to Paula. Don't antagonize the girls...but, oh, wait, let's dump water on one of them anyhow. x'D I think Paula is becoming a nice addition to the group and I'll admit at first, I sort of thought she had a thing for Tsugumi. Instead, its more sisterly now.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Update: Nisekoi (KOMI Naoshi) 83 - Read Nisekoi (KOMI Naoshi) Chapter 83 Online - Page 1

This was an interesting development. I'm honestly surprised we get to see more about Maiko again. I wouldn't have expected this at all, considering, I always thought he liked Onodera's friend with the glasses. Not even Raku knew his crush. I'm used to his devious plots, but, wow. Tsugumi reaction was funny. I wonder what Maiko will do?

Esso

Fire Breaker
Man things have really been stepping up with recent events. Wonder if Maiko plans to do something ridiculous in the next chapter, usually when you see someone out of breath like that it spells serious trouble.

Awards
The manga's had a history of subverting things that looked like they may be confessions, so I'm not sure what to think of Tsugumi's declaration.

Ruri will probably get a lot of fleshing out in these events, though, since she seems to be thinking about Shuu a lot lately.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Ok, just read all 83 chapters last night, so here are my thoughts:

MAIKO, YOU ARE THE EPITOME OF ALL ADOLESCENT MALES. Haha but seriously, he's my favorite character. One of the truly funny characters and I really hope that translates to the anime.

Paula is dumb, please go back to america

Seishiro is probably the best character BEST LOOKING, THAT IS.

WILL WATCH THE ANIME

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
The little sister is annoyingggg

Needs moar Seishirou

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
That's good. Normally I don't watch much during the Winter season so at least this'll give me one show to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back