• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nirvana

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RikuMan123

Who Likes Nirvana! There My Favorite Band EVER!!
Man i wish Kurt Cobain was Alive then Grunge would still be in.
R.I.P Kurt Cobain

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Good band, but highly over-rated. Kurt wasn't even that great of a guitarist, Chris and Dave basicly made that band good.

itachi793

great band...one of teh best drummers of all bands.(well the drummer form slipknot is probably better known).i can say teh bassist is one of my favs too.kurt was very empathetic and his suicide notes expalins it.

good band all together

KHrulz21

Yes, nirvana is a VERY good band. There rated in the top 10 best bands ever. Kurt was a little overated yes. He got 12 out of 100 in the best guitarist. The main reason he gets this though, is not beacause his solos or how fast he plays, its his SONGS! Nirvana is my favorite band. Although i wish they did have a good tribute band. I would love to go see someone like that in concert. Krist did make a keep a good beat and Dave Grohl was GREAT. One of the greater drummers. Rock on Nirvana!

billabong

ain't yo granny's
Website
facebook.com
Libra said:
Good band, but highly over-rated. Kurt wasn't even that great of a guitarist, Chris and Dave basicly made that band good.
Overrated, yes. But just because Kurt wasn't a virtuoso doesn't mean he was worthless.

Kurt was actually a great songwriter. He used power chords a bit much, sure. But he put them together well and did his fair shair of improv. Some of his solos and screaming are rather out there, but it's an acquired taste. The point is, Kurt was able to translate real thought and emotion into simple, melodic music. That's pretty much what they're famous for.

As for the other band members, they all did their jobs. That was the point. Although Grohl was a large part of their sound, because his style of drumming was particularly heavy (like changing drumheads every take heavy). Noveselic was replacable. His basslines were pretty standard. Although he had a great chemistry with Kurt, because they were best friends. And that helped the band along.

Yeah. That kinda dragged didn't it?

Libra

Your Ending Theme
RikuMan123 said:
Exactly what Kurt didn't want to be overrated thats why he killed him self.

Kurt killed himself because the band was getting popular, and Kurt was struggling with a horrible heroin addiction. It wasn't because they were over-rated. It was because grunge became a fad, not a form of music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back