• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nirvana vs. Green Day

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Who is the better band?

• Nirvana

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Green Day

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • i like neither

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • can't decide, i like both, TOO MUCH PRESSURE!!!!!

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
>_<! Too difficult!
I can't decide, they both rock.
Nirvana's quality is overall better than Green Day's...
But Green Day has so much more cool songs than Nirvana...

Elphaba_1

Author
I'll have to agree with u bud, u just became my new best friend. I just began loving these guys since this Christmas. But Green Day is better, but i like Nirvana's music too, TOO HARD DAMMIT!!!! >_<

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
JuttingRock said:
Green Day influential? Pfffffft
Yeah...perhaps not to you, but Green Day honestly has changed me way more than I thought it would when I first heard 'em.
Taught me a few things about 'society'.
If I had been born in 1978 then I'm sure I'd say the same thing for Nirvana, but sadly I'm not as lucky...

dejah

:|
i can't decide. -pouts-

i like both just as much.

and i wouldn't consider Nirvana punk. more grunge...

and i prefer greenday's old stuff... :)

divinerosekeeper

divinerosekeeper
Well Nirvana was before Greenday.... But look at Greenday at the moment... very very secsessful.... But... It's too hard to decide.

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Queen Divine said:
Well Nirvana was before Greenday.... But look at Greenday at the moment... very very secsessful.... But... It's too hard to decide.

Green Day was around the same time as Nirvana >.>

Cloudy_Card

Juvenile Success
Website
photobucket.com
Nope, Nirvana was around like '91 when the first hit it big, Green Day didnt have their first single till '94.

Nirvana and Green Day were just as good back then, but nowadays, considering how sh!tty Green Day is, Nirvana is better

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Cloudy_Card said:
Nope, Nirvana was around like '91 when the first hit it big, Green Day didnt have their first single till '94.

Nirvana and Green Day were just as good back then, but nowadays, considering how sh!tty Green Day is, Nirvana is better

Both bands formed around 1988.

Cloudy_Card

Juvenile Success
Website
photobucket.com
im not talking about when they formed though, i was talking about when they were in the spotlight.

oh, and another thing nirvana has going for them, they sevenually spawned the foo fighters.

Libra

Your Ending Theme
Cloudy_Card said:
im not talking about when they formed though, i was talking about when they were in the spotlight.

oh, and another thing nirvana has going for them, they sevenually spawned the foo fighters.

"Welcome To Paradise" was released in 1991, same time as "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Cloudy_Card said:

they had 2 good albums in 1991.....

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
I'm sure we can agree that Nirvana became famous first.
Oh, and Green Day wasn't created in 1988- "Sweet Children" was. I believe, (Not sure) that Green Day came into the scene at around 1990, before "39/Smooth" came out.
And I agree that in a sense, Nirvana was before Green Day. Not techniquilly (or however it's spelt), but since Green Day has been around for so long since then, that it's only fair to give Nirvana the spotlight during the early early 90's (90-93)

kh_deathrider

o soooooo much to say. first of all green days new album american idiot ruined them almost completely. it was a horrible excuse for an album. but then again all their early ninetys albums like dookie where incredible. NOW nirvana nirvana nirvana the center of my musical obsession. the best band ever hands down. R.I.P kurt cobain. and yes welcome to paradise was a single in 91 same year as smells like teen spirit

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
The thing is they are different genres. Green day is softcore punk(now, before they were punk), and nirvana is grunge. you can't really compare them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back