• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you be buying the Nintendo Switch at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Honestly I’m going to sleep away tomorrow so I can wake with all the uproar and drama waning.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
There was an updated trailer with some extras at the end but it hasn't been uploaded yet besides at the very end of the direct. It also had this great shot:

fpmrtrI.png

Pretty fitting that the guy who travels different fantastical worlds is the last person to join a game about combining different fantastical worlds together.

edit: I was waiting for the official Nintendo channel to upload it, but here's the extra stuff trailer:

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Unrelated to Sora, but this is interesting:

This could just be Nintendo updating the HDMI port "just because" or maybe a Pro could be coming sooner than expected.

I'm on the boat that thinks that the Pro will never happen and Nintendo is gonna milk the Switch for another four years and then release a Switch 2.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I hope they have a small spot to promote .hack//G.U. for Switch.

Megavoltage

Awards
I'm hyped for games but I also really want a trailer for the Super Mario movie.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The real Mario Kart 9 was the Mario Kart 8 Deluxes we made along the way.

Max

Staff member
Awards
The real Mario Kart 9 was the Mario Kart 8 Deluxes we made along the way.

My buddy wanted to know why they didn't just make Mario Kart 9 instead. I told him because then they wouldn't have this DLC to feature on their expansion pass.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
My buddy wanted to know why they didn't just make Mario Kart 9 instead. I told him because then they wouldn't have this DLC to feature on their expansion pass.
I'm pretty much convinced of 2 things at this point:

1. MK9 ain't coming for a LOOOOONG time
2. When it does comes it's gotta be a Nintendo crossover extravaganza. What can 9 even do otherwise to surpass 8D now?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I think the new courses being added are cool, but yeah, MK9 probably won't come until the next gen console or very late to the Switch's life cycle.

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
I don't remember if my friend said Nintendo actually said this somewhere or if he just heard randoms discussing it online, but it was something along the lines of one of the higher ups not wanting to add too many non-Mario characters because then it wouldn't be Mario Kart, and also that I guess putting characters like Link and Villager in it was a hard sell.

I wish this wasn't all secondhand and I remembered if this was something actually said or not haha. I'll ask him about it and see if he remembers where that came from, if that was for real or just someone's speculation.

I'd personally love something like a Nintendo Kart or a Smash Kart. They don't even have to change up the Mario Kart formula, I'm just a bigger fan of most other Nintendo franchises than I am of Mario in general and would love to see some of these other characters pop up.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Is no one excited about the Nintendo Direct reveals or am I just late to the news? Even though I won't be buying them for Switch, specifically, I'm so happy finally be able to finish Chrono Cross and experience Radical Dreamers.

And who else will I talk about Klonoa with? 🥺

I am, like, one of two people I know absolutely charmed by Lunatea's Veil.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Is no one excited about the Nintendo Direct reveals or am I just late to the news? Even though I won't be buying them for Switch, specifically, I'm so happy finally be able to finish Chrono Cross and experience Radical Dreamers.

And who else will I talk about Klonoa with? 🥺

I am, like, one of two people I know absolutely charmed by Lunatea's Veil.
Listen, I was SCREAMING inside about Chrono Cross and Radical Dreamers! Chrono Cross has always been one of my favorites and I'm so excited to be able to have it on my Switch and for Radical Dreamers to finally get an offical English release!

I'm also hyped about Xenoblade 3, Live A Live, Fire Emblem, Mother 1&2/Earthbound 1&2 being made available on Switch, Mario Strikers, Mario Kart 8 DLC, Advance Wars 1&2, and I bet there's even more I'm not remembering right now. This was truly an incredible direct.

Back