• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you be buying the Nintendo Switch at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I'm gonna say something probably controversial.

"Pro" consoles are going to ruin the gaming industry. I feel like it is a first step to making yearly updates ala iPhone, and planned obsolescence.

I couldn't care less about power, and I feel like the system we had before, with power increases locked behind actually next gen consoles, was better. I usually only have the money for a new console every half decade anyway, and I really think Nintendo will have a sequel to the Switch in 2-3 years.

A Pro wasn't a good idea because it would incentivize Nintendo and 3rd parties to at minimum lock features or gameplay behind the new Pro system, or at worst have completely exclusive games for it, which I feel spits in the face of those that get a game console early on its life cycle. Those people shouldn't be punished for doing so by missing out if they can't afford/don't want to wait for a Pro edition.

Third Party games really aren't that amazing anyway imo. Just look at Cyberpunk. Most good games are exclusives or Indie games.

Also, I'm feeling a bit spiteful. I am laughing and taking glee in these "industry insiders" and "leakers" all being wrong about a 4K power increase. Their credibly is dead to me. Haha!

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
So, just "disappointed, but not surprised"? Hahaha

I all seriousness tho, I always knew Nintendo was going to go this route. I was a bit hopeful for the Pro because of all the momentum there was during e3, but honestly, the Switch is still selling like hot pancakes. I presume the OLED version is for early adopters like myself that want to get an update.
Haha that's exactly what it is.

I was also an early adopter for Switch, got it pretty close to launch because I'm such a Zelda fanboy haha. This just isn't the kind of upgrade I care about, I mainly play docked unless I'm taking my Switch to visit a friend or if someone else wants the tv, and even then I've never thought "I wish this screen was better." What I have thought though was "I wish this had a little more power so my frames didn't keep dropping in games like Age of Calamity."

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Haha that's exactly what it is.

I was also an early adopter for Switch, got it pretty close to launch because I'm such a Zelda fanboy haha. This just isn't the kind of upgrade I care about, I mainly play docked unless I'm taking my Switch to visit a friend or if someone else wants the tv, and even then I've never thought "I wish this screen was better." What I have thought though was "I wish this had a little more power so my frames didn't keep dropping in games like Age of Calamity."
I mostly play my Switch while docked, but the better audio and screen could be a nice incentive and try it more.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm gonna say something probably controversial.

"Pro" consoles are going to ruin the gaming industry. I feel like it is a first step to making yearly updates ala iPhone, and planned obsolescence.

I couldn't care less about power, and I feel like the system we had before, with power increases locked behind actually next gen consoles, was better. I usually only have the money for a new console every half decade anyway, and I really think Nintendo will have a sequel to the Switch in 2-3 years.

A Pro wasn't a good idea because it would incentivize Nintendo and 3rd parties to at minimum lock features or gameplay behind the new Pro system, or at worst have completely exclusive games for it, which I feel spits in the face of those that get a game console early on its life cycle. Those people shouldn't be punished for doing so by missing out if they can't afford/don't want to wait for a Pro edition.
I mean, it's not like the OG Switch would be losing anything it would've otherwise gotten. The whole point of a Switch Pro is give customers something that wasn't possible before. Using KH3 as an example, do you honestly actually prefer no KH3 port at all over a Pro exclusive port? Because I lean on the side of "better than nothing".

Plus, there's still gonna be the eventually next-gen Switch 2 or whatever that'll likely be backwards compatible with this gen. All of the Pro exclusive stuff will be playable on that.

Third Party games really aren't that amazing anyway imo. Just look at Cyberpunk. Most good games are exclusives or Indie games.
That is a hell of a hot take right there. Cyberpunk shouldn't be taken as being reflective of third party on a whole. It got the attention it did for being exceptional in its failures.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me that Nintendo's next big revision is gonna be an OLED versión of the Lite. Nintendo's business model right now is to make good profit margins out of cheap technology, coupled with their IPs.

D

Deleted member 263385

Trace Memory
Hotel Dusk Room 215
Fossil Fighters
Custom Robo Arena

Great games that are such hidden gems.

Reactions: Max

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Hoping to see Yacht Club games with a Shovel Knight Dig release announcement. That’s about it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The safe money bet is Shredder's Revenge release date. The long shot is UFO 50 announcing a Switch version (& that its still alive).

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm hoping we might get an Eastward release date, but we'll see.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I'm hoping we might get an Eastward release date, but we'll see.

-Eastward was their one more thing. Sep. 16th.
-Axiom Verge 2 has been shadow dropped with a few other games.
-Tetris Effect coming to Switch. Now they just need to add Game Boy Classic with GB Tetris & Switch will officially be the definitive Tetris machine.
-Fio stil has huge......................glasses
-Jet Grind Radio clone coming

• Love
Reactions: Max

Max

Staff member
Awards
-Eastward was their one more thing. Sep. 16th.
-Jet Grind Radio clone coming
Yes! I'm so excited this finally got a release date! Also I'm down for a Jet Set Radio clone, Sega isn't doing anything with the series ever so.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Originally I went Turtwig, this time I'll go Piplup.
demyx-kingdom-hearts-demyx.gif

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Lol. The reason I'm doing so is because my brother already called using Turtwig, we usually go different starters so our teams look different. And I don't like Chimchar as much, I very rarely ever pick Fire starters (Cyndaquil and Fennekin to date).

Back