• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you be buying the Nintendo Switch at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I am unsure if they would go for that, Minecraft Steve, or Banjo-Kazooie

I guess it also depends how long this has been in the works ha.

Mincrafter with Steve, MC, & Banjo skins. Also Mario, Luke Skywalker, & the Red Power Ranger skins too because why not?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
If we get any Microsoft character, it better be Blinx. Time kitty needs love.

You know, Microsoft doing their own platform fighter isn't all that implausible nowadays. Put Chief & Steve on the boxart & it'll at least sell more than PSASBR did.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
So the gossip around the water cooler is that Microsoft & Nintendo are apparently having a torrid forbidden affair:

1.Nintendo reviving Scalebound, which MS may own the rights to.
2. Ori & the Blind Forest and Cuphead coming to Switch. Adding to that fire, Ori has been sited in a UK database, to be published by THQ.
3. The big one, XBox Game Pass coming to Switch. XB1(+OG & 360) games playable on Switch via cloud streaming.
4. Halo, Gears, and/or Forza to get some sort of native Switch gme/port.
5. & a MS rep in SSB is among the mutterings too.

That's a lot of rumors with a common running theme in the last couple of days. Rumored specs for the Next-gen XBox also surfaced, but that's for another thread.
Uh... oh my god yes??? Ori is one of the only IP's on Mircosoft consoles I have wanted to play. I hope this is true!

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I can't wait for the Switch Mini to be unveiled. No matter how many times Nintendo denies it's existence, it's inevitable.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I can't wait for the Switch Mini to be unveiled. No matter how many times Nintendo denies it's existence, it's inevitable.

Agreed. I am anticipating to see it around E3 and I think I will buy one. I am big on handhelds, but I am not initially a fan of the Switch at first. Now that it has many more games and it being the main focus for Nintendo (RIP 3DS), I think it's time to get one. I am really hoping it has the same or similar specs as the current Switch.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Agreed. I am anticipating to see it around E3 and I think I will buy one. I am big on handhelds, but I am not initially a fan of the Switch at first. Now that it has many more games and it being the main focus for Nintendo (RIP 3DS), I think it's time to get one. I am really hoping it has the same or similar specs as the current Switch.

Nintendo's second revisions are usually the best (just look at the DS and 3DS as examples) because when Nintendo creates them, they're familiar with the system beyond prototypes, and consumers act as test reports for functionality.

I just hope that the screen size is retained for the new Switch variant.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
My suspicion:
2019: More portable Switch revision.
2020: More powerful Switch revision for better VR.

I suspect the Switch may have the PS4's same lifespan, which is six to eight years. By that time, I'm sure technology would have advanced to the state of having a Switch successor capable of 1080p/60fps on portable, while the dock may have a piece of technology that may up the system to 4k HDR. Who knows, maybe the more powerful revision may be capable of this? I don't see Nintendo entering the graphics race as much as Microsoft and Sony, even though the next big consoles are coming in a year or two.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

giphy.gif

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The annual September direct is almost upon us. With the back half of 2019 being so stacked as is, I wonder what they'll even be showing this time *coughssbdlc4coughkh1.2.5.8.3coughsnesclassicscoughCOUGHcoughifakecoughedsomuchicoughedforrealcough*

So the gossip around the water cooler is that Microsoft & Nintendo are apparently having a torrid forbidden affair:

1.Nintendo reviving Scalebound, which MS may own the rights to.
2. Ori & the Blind Forest and Cuphead coming to Switch. Adding to that fire, Ori has been sited in a UK database, to be published by THQ.
3. The big one, XBox Game Pass coming to Switch. XB1(+OG & 360) games playable on Switch via cloud streaming.
4. Halo, Gears, and/or Forza to get some sort of native Switch game/port.
5. & a MS rep in SSB is among the mutterings too.

That's a lot of rumors with a common running theme in the last couple of days. Rumored specs for the Next-gen XBox also surfaced, but that's for another thread.

As an update, #2 & #5 have actually happened! :D

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Not a moment too soon, Assassin's Creed 4 port has just joined the growing list of leaks.

A year ago, we got 9 FF announced at once, Wonder if Square's got anything for tomorrow?

All the kh games except 0.2 and 3 going on the switch is the the only thing I can think of that would top that.

Back