• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you be buying the Nintendo Switch at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

LostArtist

Awards
One of my favorite Zelda games ever, getting an HD remake in the style of A Link Between Worlds?!! Sign me up!

I also noticed that it is using the Breath of the Wild style for the logo, the white "ZELDA" with chips in it and such.

That ANIMATED OPENING.

---

Super Mario Maker is something I've been wanting for a while, so seeing an improved sequel on the Switch is awesome. Fire Emblem and Astral Chain look pretty cool as well, and I'm excited to finally try a Fire Emblem title. Any news on Animal Crossing?

No, and twitter is raging about it lmao

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Okaaay...

- Super Mario Maker 2: Excited that Super Mario 3D World made it, but I'm not convinced. I bought the original one for the Wii U and regret doing so because it was $60 I did not enjoy to the fullest. It's a game I got tired of quickly. I rather much enjoy other people playing it via YouTube.

- THE LEGEND OF ZELDA Link's Awakening Remake: I was a bit underwhelmed because I expected A Link Between Worlds or Breath of the Wild style graphics, but I got used to this cutesy style, and am excited to finally get to play this game. I also think Nintendo should remake the Oracle games in this engine, and Minish Cap as well.

- Dragon Quest: Hyped!

- Fire Emblem: I am EXCITED! :D I'm selecting the male MC, and will definitely run on the yellow route on my first run! I love how the MC is a mercenary that becomes a professor! FINALLY a breath of fresh air from all the nobility shtick, haha.

- Astral Chain looks awesome and I can't wait to play it! It's no wonder Bayo may be released next year: they've been busy with this game as well.

- FINAL FANTASY IX: Gonna download it later tonight!

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
^ Oracle remakes next in this vein would be epic!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I'm not gunna lie, I had a mini heart attack with Link's Awakening reveal. It's really cute, but I'm not the biggest fan of the art style. Also, this means no more Zelda on the 3DS. It was a good run. I am happy it is getting a remake. It's what I wanted anyways.

Megavoltage

Awards
Lots of good stuff, I'm happy. But why is Dragon Quest Builders 2 soooo far off? It can't possibly take that long to translate.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Lots of good stuff, I'm happy. But why is Dragon Quest Builders 2 soooo far off? It can't possibly take that long to translate.

Personally I'm glad. The longer the wait, the longer I can put off buying another Switch for my GF (she got MEGA addicted to the 1st Builders & I can't have her hogging the tv again).

Megavoltage

Awards
I got addicted like she did. Downloaded the free demo of Builders and beat it five times in a row and couldn't pull myself away from the full game once I bought it. I never got into the Minecraft craze so I was surprised at how much it absorbed me.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I liked Dragon Quest Builders, but not that much to buy it. It's on my backlog, but veeeeeeeery back off, haha.

I loooooved the demo, so I preordered it for PS4 and have yet to go through the full game :/ Just too much on the backburner

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Honestly, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is my most anticipated game. I'm surprised that all of The Defenders are confirmed (even though Iron Fist was the only one shown off).

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Absolute legend. I did not see that coming. I’m so happy for him and sad at the same time. Don’t thank us Reggie, thank you.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Real talk, I hope there's expansion in Nintendo's western game development going forward. They lost Rare, they lost Silicon Knights, NST went from making games like 1080 Snowboarding and Metroid Prime Hunters to regurgitating MvDK over and over. Retro is just about the only really major western studio they have.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
At least Reggie isn't dead like I first thought. The first time I heard of this was seeing a fairly misleading title on a video, and I was just "Wait what?!"

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Worthy to note that Doug Bowser comes from the same position Reggie fil-Aime did: Vice-President of Sales & Marketing. They both come from periods of when Nintendo's Sales & Marketing were and are on point.

If anything, Nintendo does a pretty good job at grooming its succesors. Mr. Kimishima served as a very good transitioning president, and the new one seems capable and flexible.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So the gossip around the water cooler is that Microsoft & Nintendo are apparently having a torrid forbidden affair:

1.Nintendo reviving Scalebound, which MS may own the rights to.
2. Ori & the Blind Forest and Cuphead coming to Switch. Adding to that fire, Ori has been sited in a UK database, to be published by THQ.
3. The big one, XBox Game Pass coming to Switch. XB1(+OG & 360) games playable on Switch via cloud streaming.
4. Halo, Gears, and/or Forza to get some sort of native Switch gme/port.
5. & a MS rep in SSB is among the mutterings too.

That's a lot of rumors with a common running theme in the last couple of days. Rumored specs for the Next-gen XBox also surfaced, but that's for another thread.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Back when Joker was revealed, I suggested that Master Chief would be a very unexpected Fighter for Smash.

That ain't lookin' as farfetche'd as I'd thought.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Back when Joker was revealed, I suggested that Master Chief would be a very unexpected Fighter for Smash.

That ain't lookin' as farfetche'd as I'd thought.

I am unsure if they would go for that, Minecraft Steve, or Banjo-Kazooie

I guess it also depends how long this has been in the works ha.

Back