• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you be buying the Nintendo Switch at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
[video=youtube;aMj6iwjtJo0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMj6iwjtJo0[/video]
This is awesome and I want it.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Ultimately, it was a very good move for them to delay the direct in response to the earthquake. It's not hard to imagine them, or any other company for that matter, airing the direct presentation anyway, as an automatically scheduled thing, but this delay is a fairly consumer friendly and humanitarian response to an unforeseen tragedy.

However, back to gamer business, it looks like there'll be plenty of leaked information coming from publications and shopping websites based on information that was supposed to already have been revealed. The Mega Man 11 demo went up by surprise around 6PM EST yesterday, which would have perfectly coincided with the direct, and apparently Famitsu's next release is full of post-direct information.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The Nintendo Direct has been rescheduled for 9/13, tomorrow at 3PM PST. The hype is back on.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
There was almost too much to focus on lol, I guess the stand outs for me were Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, Smash, Splatoon 2 version 4, Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon and Katamari? The latter 2 I dunno if I will get day 1 but I do want them.

That whole Toadette literally turning into Peach thing weirds me out lol. Like..is this some weird lore drop? Is Peach just a Toad that got a special power up?? (probably not lol)

Recon

Art of War
Awards
This was a good Direct in my opinion. The new Starfox cutscenes look SOOOO good. I was shook when I saw Wolf.

Town, new game from GameFreak, was kind of weird. Like, I didn't gather much from it, which is bad. I mean it looks like a kiddy version of Attack on Titan. Next time they show it, I hope to see a proper introduction.

All the Final Fantasy! I never played WoFF despite hyping it, but my interest has definitely piqued back up from the Maxima announcement.

I know many wanted Animal Crossing for Switch and your prayers have been answered! Looks like 2019 is the year of Animal Crossing and Pokemon.

Isabel as a new character in Smash Bros and NOT a echo is interesting. She did have some unique moves that differ from Villager. I was more hyped for Chrom and Dark Samus, but happy for her fans.

Luigi's Mansion 3 could also turn out to another hit and I never expected to go this far. I'm glad Luigi is getting some recognition he deserves. Now only if Waluigi could too xD

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Reactions:

* 3DS: Cool, the system's still getting support, but they only dedicated five minutes to it, haha.

* Luigi's Mansion 3: Ehh, I'm excited we're getting a third entry, but it looks like it'll be more in the reins of Dark Moon than the first game. I mean, Dark Moon was nice, but I liked that the original had you handle a theme of ghosts in a singular mansion that sorta added backstory to the place. Mansions feel like hubs of ghosts you gotta defeat in order to progress and confront the boss.

* Animal Crossing: I was honestly not expecting them to utilize Isabelle's reveal as a Animal Crossing Switch teaser as well, haha.

* FINAL FANTASY: Have been meaning to get into the Chocobo games, but they just aren't catching my interest that much; a bit disappointed that FFXV Pocket Edition is only getting a digital edition. Would have loved to see the game's boxart, haha; VERY surprised to have seen the Zodiac Age announced. I hope they optimized the game so that slowdowns are a minimum, otherwise I'm only playing on home mode; good that we're getting the other Remasters; ONLY THE REMAKES OF FF5 AND 6 ARE MISSING.

* No Bayonetta. :(

I honestly thought this was one of Nintendo's best Directs.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Not that this is Nintendo's fault, and the direct was really awesome overall, the ONLY thing that made me a sad panda was all of the Final Fantasy love yet 8 got jipped again. I know it isn't much of a priority, but the Final Fantasys of my childhood, the ones that smack me with nostalgia, are 7, 8, 9, 10, and Tactics. 8 was my first Final Fantasy also.

Anyway, I won't flood this thread with FF8 considering it wasn't announced and there are so many other positive things from the direct to talk about, but it was just something I wanted to express real quick. Hopefully someday 8 can see a PS4/Switch port.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Animal Crossing 2019 baybee. Hope y'all are ready to come trade fruit and furniture with lil ol' me.

I'm so hype to see what sorta gimmicks and changes they make this time. Really hoping for something nice. Like being able to put furniture and stuff outside like in Happy Home and Pocket Camp. I love to decorate too much so I would go crazy with that.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Belated but I'm really happy to see that Animal Crossing for the Switch is confirmed in 2019 since I have been having doubts they would show it but my intuition was acting up so I was also secretly hoping and boy did it surprise me with that Isabelle reveal for the Smash trailer and then leading up to it with Tom Nook! Also Final Fantasy games that were announced coming to the Switch seems awesome! Also seriously cannot wait for the Luigi Mansion and Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn to come out on the 3DS since I still play it and whatnot plus I never had a Wii but seen gameplay videos of the latter so I'm happy about that?! But anyway this Switch makes me want to get a job so I can buy some of those games they mentioned! ;w; Good direct overall!

Pokie

I'm going to have to have a Trigger Warning for Toad "from Mario Kart " now.

tenor.gif

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Youtube is now on the Switch. Now I can play KH videos on my switch & pretend it's real while crying softly to myself!:biggrin:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It surprises me that Ultimate is only his 100th game? I'd have thought it would be higher.

EDIT: I just bought Phantasy Star entirely with gold points earned from buying Smash. This rewards system has it's uses.

Last edited:
Back