• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you be buying the Nintendo Switch at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
For now I’d only expect what’s included initially. I hope they add to it in the future, but who knows. Either way, for only $20 a year it’s really not a bad offering.

Finally caved and bought a Switch yesterday, along with Zelda and MK8. It’s nice to own a Nintendo console again.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I can't complain too much about 20 bucks a year, especially when compared to other services and how long people have already been paying as much as they have for them. Plus I'll br super happy to finallg have Cloud backup saves, puts my mind at ease.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
There's also the rumor about N64 and GCN games getting Remaster/Remake treatments for the Switch.

All I want is Ogre Battle 64 to be remade/ported. I don't care what system, as long as it's not just for mobiles lol.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
For now I’d only expect what’s included initially. I hope they add to it in the future, but who knows. Either way, for only $20 a year it’s really not a bad offering.

Finally caved and bought a Switch yesterday, along with Zelda and MK8. It’s nice to own a Nintendo console again.

Add me bby

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Nintendo Is Considering A Successor To The 3DS According To Its New President

Personally, I think this is PR talk in order to maintain the current 3DS userbase happy, in the mean time Nintendo transitions them into the Switch completely. This could also signal a soon-ish Switch price reduction. Nintendo also wants to increase the amount of Switch consoles per household.

Nintendo could be making a Switch Mini that's compatiable with 3DS/DS cartridges. That way, Nintendo is still preserving the 3DS/DS software output whilst technically moving on from the system.

Pokie

Nintendo could be making a Switch Mini that's compatiable with 3DS/DS cartridges. That way, Nintendo is still preserving the 3DS/DS software output whilst technically moving on from the system.

That would be a dream! Please, Poppa Nintendo!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

DS/3DS could be emulated as part of the Nintendo classics line. If GCN & Wii may be emulated on the hardware I don't see why 3DS couldn't.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Backwards compatibility is always an additional cost. What are you gonna charge for the backwards compatible Switch? The same $299.99? Are you going to reduce the original Switch's price to $199.99 or $249.99? Why charge extra for backwards compatibility, something that should have being featured from the get-go? Why not just make HD Remasters of 3DS games, and net in that extra cash?

I honestly can't see a backwards compatible 3DS in the panorama. Especially now that they released a New 2DS. Plus Nintendo doesn't have more 3DS games on the panorama. This year's e3 focused on the Switch. After the Bowser's Inside Story remake on 2019, that's all the first party support the 3DS is getting. Nintendo will continue to sell it, but their prime seller will be the Switch.

Other than that, the gaming market has no room for a dedicated handheld console. The 3DS was the last of its kinda. And since Nintendo can't have a solid presence on the home console market (the Wii was an anomaly), they will succeed by cathering to both markets at the same time with the Switch, and in the near future, a Switch 2, which will most certainly have a 1080p 60fps handheld mode, and a HDR/4K console mode.

Recon

Art of War
Awards

I want this too! I could see a Switch mini with no dock support. They'd probably scrap joy-cons too. I'd also like to see improved screen resolution, but run 3DS/DS games natively. I hope the system keeps two thumbs sticks and ditches the C-stick nub. Please ditch the "+" and "-" symbols and use Start/Select again. They should also add a touchpad behind the system..

Do you think Nintendo is ready to ditch its clam shell design?

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm curious how a backwards compatible switch would work? How exactly would the second screen be handled in the case of just popping in a 3ds game?

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
The Wii U had DS games on VC, and there are options to play them on just one screen, so it is possible. However, I don't think it's very probable this will happen.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Vertically was what I assumed, but no matter which way I shook it I couldn't imagine squeezing the two screens onto the switch being better than just using my 3ds anyway. But I get it, it would be nice for people wanting to be able to play it all in one place or for someone who doesn't have a 3ds, I'm not arguing against it by any means.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Vertically was what I assumed, but no matter which way I shook it I couldn't imagine squeezing the two screens onto the switch being better than just using my 3ds anyway. But I get it, it would be nice for people wanting to be able to play it all in one place or for someone who doesn't have a 3ds, I'm not arguing against it by any means.

Understandable. And I'm currently also still satisfied using my 3DS. But I see it as an eventual near certainty. Probably not a Switch with a port for 3DS games or something like that, but porting their games to it through the e-shop. 3DS support has been dropping ever since the Switch released and in all honesty it seems less and less likely that they'd actually continue a dedicated handheld since the Switch, while being a bit on the bigger side, can easily be utilised for that market. It wouldn't make sense to have a handheld and a console that is also a handheld if they could just have the 2nd and put all their resources there. The only thing stopping them from having done so already is that the 3DS is still popular. They make talk about supporting the 3DS, but let's not forget that according to their PR, the Switch was originally going to stand next to the WiiU and 3DS, rather than outright replacing the former.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Honestly, Labo should have done this. A cardboard arcade cabinet to house the Switch. Although the new vehicle labo kit is cool, I'd rather see this be a thing.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
3b722c23_557d_44f0_8313_2b691d014db4.png

NINTENDO DIRECT TOMORROW AT 6PM EST. Nintendo please give me Animal Crossing.

(pic is by me and is indicative of what I hope to see)

Back