• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nintendo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you be buying the Nintendo Switch at launch?

• Yes

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 30 51.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 22.4%

• Total voters

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
so really wii has a buncha shit i dont care about ok woohoo

wheres my trauma team

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
re: my body is lady

VIP MEGA EURO☆STAR;4316570 said:
wheres my trauma team
screenshot21746.jpg

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards

great lineup nintendo

wii will get some loving next year C:

darkheart709

Bronze Member

i saw that, they sounded so retarded it was hard to listen to them

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar

Well they had a lot of true points.
But I really don't think Nintendo is going anywhere.
"ZOMG THEY ARE ONLY 20,000 UNITS ABOVE 360 IN THE NPD NINTENDOZ ISH DEWMED"
No....as much as I disrespect Nintendo, it'll be at least 2 years with the same price/attitude before they capsize whatsoever, IMO.

But they really do look stupid, what with the 360 now going to be $179 for the Arcade, Natal coming out, and it all being cheaper than a Wii.

darkheart709

Bronze Member

nintendo still has price cuts and new colors to fall back on. natal looks very interesting but there i don't see how you can do free movement with it like the motion+ can do with the nunchuku. either way i hope both succeed because i like how microsoft went a different direction with their motion control rather than blatantly copy it

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards

But they are not. They refuse to cut their price, they only released the black color in bundle with Monster Hunter 3 and confirmed that that color won't come to US. It provided a sales surge, but apparently the sales have dipped down again a bit.

The point isn't that with Natal, though. The point is that Natal allows hands-free gaming, something casuals and grandma WOULD LOVE. That offers a lot of potential to steal Nintendo's market. Especially if Natal comes out Fall 2010 with Arcade 360s at the same pricepoint with a minigame-compilation -- a.k.a. Nintendo would be in trouble.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards

I wouldn't worry about Nintendo. It's a whore. And everyone loves a good whore.

It's not marketing to the hardcore gamers that you might find getting the PS3s and 360s. They market to everyone else and their mothers and grandmothers, literally. So the fact that people who do not consider themselves "gamers" will use a Wii and buy little "accessories" for the it and 1000 no-name third party developers constantly make useless games that strangely enough sell well on the Wii, it will not fail.

The Wii has made it so that the gamers market is no longer made up with the majority being hardcore or pretty experienced gamers, but casual gamers who don't know jack about games and thus just buy all the dumb things that Nintendo says "WEEEE LOOK! BUY MEEEEEE! I MAKE YOU LOOSE WEIGHT AND NOT BE FAT LOSER! MAKE YOU COOLEST CHUCK ON TEH BLOCK!"

Not that I'm hating against the Wii, I have one and do enjoy a few games on there on occasion.

qster

The Last Bulbasaur

I wouldn't worry about Nintendo. It's a whore. And everyone loves a good whore.

It's not marketing to the hardcore gamers that you might find getting the PS3s and 360s. They market to everyone else and their mothers and grandmothers, literally. So the fact that people who do not consider themselves "gamers" will use a Wii and buy little "accessories" for the it and 1000 no-name third party developers constantly make useless games that strangely enough sell well on the Wii, it will not fail.

The Wii has made it so that the gamers market is no longer made up with the majority being hardcore or pretty experienced gamers, but casual gamers who don't know jack about games and thus just buy all the dumb things that Nintendo says "WEEEE LOOK! BUY MEEEEEE! I MAKE YOU LOOSE WEIGHT AND NOT BE FAT LOSER! MAKE YOU COOLEST CHUCK ON TEH BLOCK!"

Not that I'm hating against the Wii, I have one and do enjoy a few games on there on occasion.
That's what I love about the Wii. You don't have to be extremely skilled to love it. It has many casual games like RRR: Tv Party for people like your mom to get into, and yet they have hardcore games like Madworld and No More Heroes for gamers like us to get into. It is pretty much opposite for 360 and PS3. Heck, they even have games like Wii Fit and Wii Sports for your grandparents.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards

The point is however, their sales have been slowly dropping since about a year ago. Occasional spikes during software releases, but their consumers are too casual to buy software regularly. Their strategy of isolating themselves has truly isolated themselves. People worry about where they are going to stand in the future.

and yet they have hardcore games like Madworld and No More Heroes for gamers like us to get into.

which tanked sales-wise.
Third-parties are hesitant to release hardcore games on the Wii anymore because Madworld and The Conduit haven't been topping the sales-charts.

darkheart709

Bronze Member

But they are not. They refuse to cut their price, they only released the black color in bundle with Monster Hunter 3 and confirmed that that color won't come to US. It provided a sales surge, but apparently the sales have dipped down again a bit.

The point isn't that with Natal, though. The point is that Natal allows hands-free gaming, something casuals and grandma WOULD LOVE. That offers a lot of potential to steal Nintendo's market. Especially if Natal comes out Fall 2010 with Arcade 360s at the same pricepoint with a minigame-compilation -- a.k.a. Nintendo would be in trouble.

ninntendo is not stupid, i've already said this but nintendo is not going to reveal a price cut and new colors until they are actually going to start selling them, and that'll be like right before it goes on sale.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards

i've already said this but nintendo is not going to reveal a price cut and new colors until they are actually going to start selling them, and that'll be like right before it goes on sale.

What?

The Black Wii already exists, but only in Japan. They said they refuse to release a Black Wii in the US, which is a stupid move IMO.
They also said less than 3 months ago that they refuse to drop the price, even with Slim rumors going around.

darkheart709

Bronze Member

What?

The Black Wii already exists, but only in Japan. They said they refuse to release a Black Wii in the US, which is a stupid move IMO.
They also said less than 3 months ago that they refuse to drop the price, even with Slim rumors going around.

so what were they suppose to say "Yes, we plan on lowering the price of the wii in a couple of months, but please continue buying our system at its current price until we do." The sales would plummet to non existent, even worse than the ps3's current sales. when they announce that a black wii is coming to US it will be closer to when the color comes out, same for a price cut. The only reason the black wii was revealed so soon before its release was to promote the monter hunter tri bundle.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards

Well of course they wouldn't announce a price-cut before hand, but for colors, it doesn't matter.

Nintendo said back in 2006 shamelessly that they were thinking about releasing new colors the next year. It never happened. Over the summer, they confirmed that they have absolutely no plans to release a black Wii in the US.

Announcing colors before hand isn't a big deal.

And Nintendo would never release a bundle like that in the US anyway.

And PS3's sales haven't been that horrible, especially in Japan.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards

Why is the Gamecube abbreviated as GCN? Shouldn't it be NGC?

Back