• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nintendo Enthusiast: No plans for Switch ports for Kingdom Hearts games, other Nomura games possible

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Because I'd at least have something to play on the go again.

Chie

Awards
But many of them would be the same games that were already released on portable. You already can play those on the go right now.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
But many of them would be the same games that were already released on portable. You already can play those on the go right now.
Well shit, why buy these collections on PS4 if I already own the PS2 versions in that case?

Chie

Awards
I mean... yeah? Agreed? (Except the PS3/4 versions include Final Mix content that was previously Japan only + etc. differences, but that's besides the point since the Switch release would presumably be the same as THOSE versions.)

I'm not sure why "it is desirable to buy games I already own again at full price" is being treated as an assumed default opinion.

AegisXIII

Awards
It's hard to believe considering they implemented a progress bar under each game that were downloading in the main screen for xbox.
They also spent lot of time adding a proper saving menu in bbs for xbox. All the hard work is done.

They could put video titles as free DLC dowload and it would fit on the Cartridge.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It's funny how this was the most reported thing on the youtube channels I follow. Guess a lot of people were very invested in there being a Port for the switch.

AegisXIII

Awards
It's funny how this was the most reported thing on the youtube channels I follow. Guess a lot of people were very invested in there being a Port for the switch.
The switch lacks new games now. And remasters would run fine on it. Not to mention the cartoonish style that goes with the brand.
Anyway, I am not loosing hope for PC. I have so many friends who do not own a console anymore and would be interested to try it. It's hard to understand why they are so shy with expanding the fanbase.
My guess is that since they lost the source code of the first game, tweaking it to make it run would be hard. But, they managed to do it with ff7,8,9 and 10, so why not Kingdom Hearts?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This is dumb. Hopefully, Melody of Memories sales figures makes this statement poorly aged.

I'm surprised by this. Even though the file sizes are bloated to hell on these collections, I thought they'd be able to make it work.

They can make it work, this is all just PR fluff so people stop begging Square Enix for a Switch port. They could just use the PS3 builds of 1.5 and 2.5 and reconfigure those games for the Switch if the bundle of 1.5+2.5 is too demanding.

Square Enix had no plans for an Xbox One port of 1.5+2.5 until it eventually happened. It's not a case of technical difficuilties, it's a case of whether they're bothered to go through the effort of porting it.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Sorry but... this just sounds like a weak excuse. Witcher 3 made it lol. With many graphical crompomises, sure, but the KH games really aren‘t as graphically intense (minus .2 anf 3).. soo

welken

Awards
I wouldn't be at all surprised if they released KH1 and KH2 (with or even without Re:Chain and BBS) as standalone Switch titles like they're doing with Devil May Cry. Except with KH, they'll charge $60 for each!
Cynical as that may sound, they deserve the prestige upon introduction to Nintendo home consoles as much as anything. Especially if they got the gorgeous PS2 boxart, original or FM, over the near-hideous .5 Remix covers.

Cumguardian69

Awards
No excuse to not do at least the PS2/PSP/DDD titles, they can run on nvidia shield they can run on Nintendo Switch. jesus christ SE

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
So to throw a little something into the fire:

There have been rumors lately of Nintendo having a new Switch model next year, one supposedly significantly more powerful & capable of 4K. In the past, there was the New 3DS which played games that couldn't run on the base 3DS (Fire Emblem Warriors, Minecraft, Binding of Issac). Would it be too far out of line to imagine something like KH3 as a Switch pro exclusive if it's powerful enough?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So to throw a little something into the fire:

There have been rumors lately of Nintendo having a new Switch model next year, one supposedly significantly more powerful & capable of 4K. In the past, there was the New 3DS which played games that couldn't run on the base 3DS (Fire Emblem Warriors, Minecraft, Binding of Issac). Would it be too far out of line to imagine something like KH3 as a Switch pro exclusive if it's powerful enough?

No, and I think we all know Nomura is lying to us when he says there aren’t plans. There are always plans, it’s just a matter of when they pull the trigger on them. If that Switch releases, I can easily see a KH Dark Seeker Saga collection release on the Switch.

Back