• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

nikon vs. canon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
yes, I know, there are other brands out there but nikon and canon definitely dominate the market. While both companies produce similar cameras, which do you prefer? I'm a canon girl myself, as they're generally cheaper and their lenses have more compatibility than nikons. I've heard nikons tend to have better flash and lighting settings, though.

Awards
idk i've only ever used my d40

it's working fine so far but in the future i'll just go with whatever camera meets my needs

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
zombiekunoichi.deviantart.com
yes, I know, there are other brands out there but nikon and canon definitely dominate the market. While both companies produce similar cameras, which do you prefer? I'm a canon girl myself, as they're generally cheaper and their lenses have more compatibility than nikons. I've heard nikons tend to have better flash and lighting settings, though.

Used both and of course each do have their pros and cons. I've found myself liking a bit of both honestly due to my accessibility to use either (uncle is an architect/photographer). Nikons do have better flash and lighting, like you said, and I say this from my own experience.

I'll have to pick Nikons even though the high prices and dismal lens compatibility is a bummer on their side. ]: I've generally found them easier to use as they put adjustments like ISO, drive, white balance, etc. right where I need them unlike Canon where I have to tweak them out more often then not.

Just know they both deliver excellent picture quality either way. :D

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Indeed, taking pictures with a cannon would be difficult.

Subtly Inspiring
Canon for sure.

You can get into semantics about it, but when it comes down to it Canon have better DSLRs
If you're looking for point n' click cameras, then do not even consider a Nikon. Sony and Canon have the best point n clicks, with Olympus taking third.

SLRs?
Stick with Pentax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back