• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Night Terrors

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Final Blues

Website
www.myspace.com
For a moment, when I read that, instead of beating the shit out. I could've sworn reading eating the shit out of.
I lul'd.

I've had two of these experiences that I remember.
Once, I woke up just as I punched my little cousin in the face. I forget the dream that prompted me to do that, but I had a good laugh afterwards.

More recently (a week or two ago), I had a dream that I was trying to get an intruder out of my mom's room. I went to grab his arm but at that moment I woke up and was squeezing my puppy's arm. He yelped and I felt terrible. D;

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I haven't had a bad dream in years. Or a night terror. Night terrors were more frequent. The only bad dream I have isn't exactly bad. It is me falling from a cliff. The disturbing thing is that when I wake up, I land on to my bed. Apparently, I jumped or something. Or maybe my mind played a trick on me.

However, when I was younger, I would dream and would jump up screaming, seeing the image in real life for a split second, before it reverts back to it originally was. An object in my room. Somehow, my eyes pick up the shape and turned it into something in my dream. Not sure if that's normal or whatever.

Anyway, as for the dreams, I'm sure it's fine.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
i've had night terrors here and there.
but those weren't what freaked me out.
If i stayed up long enough, or my mind had hit a state
of sleep and my eyes were still open, my surroundings
would deform themselves and either my body or the whole
room would shake. It gets worse at the midst of thinking
of something scary

Clone

I dont have scary dream i do remember while i was about to wake up from a dream their was this guy who put a gun in my face and that shit wakes u up real fast.

Mordecai

And The Hero Fails
Website
www.google.com
I've had things like this happen to me. A common one for me,

There's a man in my kitchen, looking in my fridge. When I go to see who's there, as I can clearly see a shadow on the wall which the light from the fridge is making, no one is there and my fridge is even closed. Then I'll try going back to bed to go to sleep but when I lift up the blankets I can see blood everywhere. Normally I wake up right here.

Basically, I've woken up at the fridge before, but couldn't tell if it was real or not, and I couldn't remember if I had actually seen anything or not until I take the time to straighten out my thoughts. Sometimes I wake up on my way back to my bed and I still see blood everywhere.. but it's obviously not there. A few times I've woken her up over it. It's scary shit when you're just waking up. Seriously.

Eh, I haven't had one in a long time, but yeah, you aren't alone.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
Once I woke up but couldn't move. Then a woman dressed in all white walked into my room but I coudn't see her face. She kneeled down by me and touched my head. then she left. Then I could move and I ran outside and she wasn't there. then I went back to my room and I could't get back to sleep so I stayed up and watched TV.

Baiser!

Website
www.myspace.com
mmhmm, I had an experience like this (already talked about it, but might aswell be public.)
about a year ago I had terrible night terrors... In summer 07 I had one when I thought bug creatures were
devouring my legs and woke up thinking it was a bad dream, when I looked at my legs in the morning
they looked like they were attacked by something. (I have rather long nails, so doing damage to the skin
was fairly simple). I had a couple of other experiences where I had hurt myself or really believed I had done
or said something that was part of a night terror considering night terrors usually take place where ever you are
in an imbetween state of dreaming and being awake. I soon was almost frightened to sleep, not sleeping became
a habit rather then an avoidance, and it got pretty serious.

/I/ seen a sleep therapist.
my sleep had to be monitored, not that anything was done about it...
I think the idea of something getting done about the problem put me at ease
and made me capable to sleep and now I very very rarely have harmful night terrors.
I still get sleep paralysis and the occasional twisted nightmare, but a lot better.

:]

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
/I/ seen a sleep therapist.

/I/ like putting random -emphasis- /on/ *words.*

I've had night terrors frequently since I was little, but they've gotten better. Sleep paralysis sounds a lot scarier; it's not an experience I want to have any time soon.

Baiser!

Website
www.myspace.com
haha, it was /not/ for no reason !! xP
people advised D to see a therapist earlier on in this thread
I see nothing weird about getting help professionally is what it implied. :]

and yeah, it's not a pretty experience, all though night paralysis isn't as bad
as having an actual night terror-- because night terrors make you believe your dreaming
but you can actually really harm yourself and make quite the disturbance.

Night Paralysis usually just puts you in a state of shock that you can't move
technically, you are paralyzed when dreaming... this is just your body recognizing that fact
your head and neck regain movement first upon waking up-- a technique is trying to blink a lot,
move your face and neck... It'll usually speed up the process of regaining movement and realizing
you were still in a state of sleep.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I'd sorta look into seeing a therapist about that or someone in that area...
That's about all I can think of...

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I think I have experienced something like that... But I'm not sure.

I was in bed, staring at the ceiling. I think I fell asleep... Suddendly I saw this dream of me, walking down a narrow, white staircase. Everything was white, except the banister of the stairs. It was black. I tripped over, and fell head forward towards the stairs. I flinched and woke up, noticing that my hand reached for something, that wasn't in the room. Apparently I had tried to grab the black banister in my dream.

The weirdest thing was, that I could see my room at the same time. And my head hurt, like it had been hit.

This happened only once, but it sure was creepy.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Baiser! said:
Xenjin, that sounds like a night terror dearr!
be glad it doesn't happen often.

I sure am.... It was scary. :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back