• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► "Night on Bald Mountain" Live Action Film in Production

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Disney is developing a movie based on the iconic “Night on Bald Mountain” sequence from 1940’s animated pic “Fantasia” in the studio’s latest live-action adaptation.

Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless will write the screenplay and exec produce the movie, which is in early development.

The classic animated film “Fantasia” was comprised of eight animated segments, including “Night on Bald Mountain,” which centered on a dark winged creature that raised the dead.

‘Fantasia': Disney Developing Live-Action Movie of Bald Mountain | Variety

(Sorry I'm a bitter woman. WHY THIS AND NOT TRON 3? Also lol at the article not even saying Chernabog's name. Just "dark winged creature that raised the dead")

"Night on Bald Mountain" as a live action film sounds really cool in concept but also sounds like something that could possibly end up being a hot mess.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
The last live action movie they based off of Fantasia didn't do too well reception wise (and I thought financial wise), so I don't know why they are doing this and not Tron 3.

That being said, I can't imagine this film would have much to the plot other than probably having some people as the protagonists who have to go stop Chernabog from doing something evil.

Honestly, if they wanted to do something like this, they should just adapt the Kingdom Keepers books into live action.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The last live action movie they based off of Fantasia didn't do too well reception wise (and I thought financial wise)

For a minute I was confused about what live action film based on a Fantasia you were talking about. I couldn't remember any film like that...then I remembered it. Ugh.

so I don't know why they are doing this and not Tron 3.

Who even knows...Remembering that other film just turned me off to this idea more than I already was.

That being said, I can't imagine this film would have much to the plot other than probably having some people as the protagonists who have to go stop Chernabog from doing something evil.

I don't even know if I'd be comfortable seeing Chernabog being an active villain...I can envision something really amazing, maybe half-modern but with a Black Cauldron style to it, but this is Disney and they suck at making really dark films these days.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
"Night on Bald Mountain" as a live action film sounds really cool in concept but also sounds like something that could possibly end up being a hot mess.

My thoughts exactly. I like Chernabog a lot (despite having no characterization or anything). Just the idea of an immense being that's evil simply because it is. Disney could very well screw it up.

And I am very wary of asking this, but what former live action Fantasia thing are you guys talking about?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And I am very wary of asking this, but what former live action Fantasia thing are you guys talking about?

Everybody's favorite 2010 hit:

61wy3C1WvGL.jpg

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Meh, I didn't think Sorcerer's Apprentice was that bad. It was entertaining in some parts.

I don't know about this. Fantasia is my favorite Disney movie, so I think a live action Chernabog could work if they give him more character. But a lot could go wrong as well. They should just do a third fantasia movie

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Dear sweet baby Jesus I had actually managed to succesfully block that from my memories. Keyword now being "had". :/ It's back now. OH GOD IT'S BACK NOW

So had I. ;A; I didn't even remember it existed until Lonbilly mentioned it. I'm sorry to have helped you remember it! ;~;

Meh, I didn't think Sorcerer's Apprentice was that bad. It was entertaining in some parts.

To each their own, I suppose.

They should just do a third fantasia movie

Yeah, this I'd like to see.

The Dark Mamba

Awards
What a crazy time for me to have been replaying KH3D. First we get news of Tron 3 being cancelled and now news of a live action Night on Bald Mountain when I just did Symphony of Sorcery yesterday. Calling it now, next week.....live action Hunchback of Notre Dame. Book it.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
adf.jpg

A third Fantasia would be nice though, I love classical music

Also obligatory comment on Tron 3

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
So had I. ;A; I didn't even remember it existed until Lonbilly mentioned it. I'm sorry to have helped you remember it! ;~;

You have no idea how many sessions I'm going to need now ;~;

Yeah, this I'd like to see.

Better yet than a 3rd movie, I just wish the first didn't flop back in the day. That way Fantasia would've gone down the way Disney wanted: every year a new update to the movie, adding new segments and nixing others.
We could have had so much by now.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
He's one of the most iconic villians in Disney. He definitely deserves a spot under the spotlight. Just hope it gets well done and the story is well presented. About Tron 3. I wouldn't consider it as dead in the water just yet. Maybe they're give the green light to it again by the next couple of years.

[video=youtube;iCEDfZgDPS8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCEDfZgDPS8[/video]

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Better yet than a 3rd movie, I just wish the first didn't flop back in the day. That way Fantasia would've gone down the way Disney wanted: every year a new update to the movie, adding new segments and nixing others.
We could have had so much by now.

Yeah this angers me quite a bit. If only I was there to support it! Even my parents weren't there to support it in 1940 haha

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Y'know, if they are going to make a film about Disney's most famous villain, they might as well go all the way with a dark PG-13 film. I have no idea what they could do for a plot, but I feel that having it take place in modern times would be a huge mistake

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Y'know, if they are going to make a film about Disney's most famous villain, they might as well go all the way with a dark PG-13 film. I have no idea what they could do for a plot, but I feel that having it take place in modern times would be a huge mistake

They should take note from King Kong and Godzilla. Use the Empire State Building.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

Unless it's Pirates, it's not going to PG-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back