• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NieR Automata | Xbox One on June 26th, 2018

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
wi59mp.jpg

Nier is an action RPG developed by Cavia (the guys responsible for some of your favorite games ever!) and published by Square Enix. Play as protagonist Nier as he embarks on a quest to find a cure to save his daughter Yonah from the Black Scrawl virus. Along the way to impede his progress are Shades, monsters responsible for the world's desolate state.

I think the most peculiar thing about Nier is how the marketing was handled. Because of that there are two flavors of the game: Gestalt and Replicant. How did this come about? Well, Square Enix was worried that the Japanese market wouldn't take so kindly to playing as a doggish looking old man. And so, the Japan-exclusive Replicant was created. It brought in the younger and more aesthetically pleasing Nier who is now Yonah's older brother and only surviving relative, rather than her father. Meatheaded Western players get their… person, and everyone in Japan gets another faggy bishounen hero. Everybody wins!

It's because of these tiny differences that Replicant was originally believed to be a spin-off of Gestalt, and it's because of that I didn't feel like merging the two threads we already have on Nier. I'm sure these changes sound peachy for some of you, but having imported Replicant, the story sort of works a bit better as the old and world-weary Nier.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
Re: Nier

The old Nier looks better, the only problem though from that picture is like he has a pair of undies on his face :(
Whoops, replaced the image.

lol, you're right.

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards

So now I'm actually debating getting Nier after hearing it takes place after one of the endings of Drakengard. Does this make me a bad person?

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

All I know about this game is that Nier is ugly and Kaine is badass from reviews.
How is the game so far? It sounds really interesting after reading more about the plot.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Just leaving a post in here in support of good thread starters.

Because of this I will def buy when the game drops in price. =)

Jolts

I hadn't even heard about this game until I saw a review, and it looks pretty cool.
I've gotta say that I love the artistic style of the enemies in this game, it reminds me of a more realistic looking Twilight Princess for some reason.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!

I want.

I won't say it looks great, but it definitely looks interesting enough to merit being bought.

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
Nier.....When the hell did it come out?

Did anyone else not know this game came out 2 months ago? I was anticipating this game and its been out for 2 damn months...I guess i should watch tv more...but i get the impression that SE didnt push the game as much as its other games....

And has anyone played it...i am interested in getting it but idk if its good....the reviews were mediocre...but i want to get the opinions of real players.

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider
Re: Nier.....When the hell did it come out?

I played it at gamestop for about 10 minutes before I realized it was whack

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

I played it at gamestop for about 10 minutes before I realized it was whack
Yeah, okay.

I like Nier. I'm surprised myself, having heard about how bad Drakengard was—especially considering this apparently takes thousands of years after one of its endings. Its controls aren't the most stimulating but I don't think it ruins the experience. On top of the awesome soundtrack, it has a great story (which may not be so evident in the first half thanks to fetch quests) with a great main cast.

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com

Yeah, okay.

I like Nier. I'm surprised myself, having heard about how bad Drakengard was—especially considering this apparently takes thousands of years after one of its endings. Its controls aren't the most stimulating but I don't think it ruins the experience. On top of the awesome soundtrack, it has a great story (which may not be so evident in the first half thanks to fetch quests) with a great main cast.

hmmmmm........I think i will get it.......How long is the game?

Silh

Slippery People
Awards

Find a way to try it out first. It's around 15 hours on easy mode, but there's some replayability. You can unlock some new scenarios via NG+ that expand some details in the story such as Kainé's characterization, as well as three other endings.

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com

Find a way to try it out first. It's around 15 hours on easy mode, but there's some replayability. You can unlock some new scenarios via NG+ that expand some details in the story such as Kainé's characterization, as well as three other endings.

Nice will do and thanks for redirecting this page. Very Helpful

Back