• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Re: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Am...am I the only person here confused?

lol what the diddly, that's definitely not what I linked but hold on I'll fix it.

edit: Wait apparently that was/is the link to the trailer. Something went wrong on YouTube's end.
But the comments are absolute gold though, I can't stop laughing haha

Found another link:
[video=youtube;Zs2i9NtcRZQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs2i9NtcRZQ[/video]

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I am super excited the visual styled stayed the same but improved. It looks so fluid and natural.

But...is this the exact same world we left in the original game? They name original towns but they look nothing alike. It feels like another game entirely and not a continuation.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I am super excited the visual styled stayed the same but improved. It looks so fluid and natural.

But...is this the exact same world we left in the original game? They name original towns but they look nothing alike. It feels like another game entirely and not a continuation.

I am assuming it is in such a different time frame that the world/cities are significantly different. But it is still the same world. I expect references to the original, especially if it is a sequel in a time sense. Which I kind of hope it is because yeah, I would like to hear some callbacks to old characters and such.

Rewatching the trailer, it also reminds me, I hope more of the game is voiced this time. I felt the original didn't have nearly enough actual voice work.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
They fixed it

[video=youtube;VMuVM9Sn8W0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMuVM9Sn8W0[/video]

[video=youtube;ir958M7O6pc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir958M7O6pc[/video]

That said, I can't speak too much since I haven't played the game yet, but it does look to be a more spiritual/thematic sequel than a traditional one.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I suppose we need another trailer before we can determine what kind of sequel this will be.

But damn it, if the combat isn't the same, then it might as well not even be a Ni No Kuni game.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Ni no kuni was one of the most boring RPGs I've ever played, the story was downright insulting the player's intelligence. But the atmosphere was great, and the Pokemon mechanics were nice (even though mostly pointless). I played through it 100% in the end, but I really wish this sequel get's a world that not just looks nice but is also more engaging in terms of dialogues, side quests and main story.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
So I finally got into this game, about 15 hours into it so far. It's okay, at least gameplay wise. It's like if turn based was made real time? It's weird and has a fairly annoying learning curve to it I'm not too fond of. They have a lot to improve with the sequel. But when I finally grind enough levels to the point I can just wreck shit without worry it's fun lol.

I like the story though, childish as it is. Definitely in vein of Ghibli's films but less mature I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back