• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sports ► NFL 2012-13 Season

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
2012-nfl-playoff-predictions.jpg

Gonna be an interesting season this year, with Peyton Manning going to the Bronco's, not knowing where Tebow is gonna end up, whether the Redskin's paying out the ass for all their new players is gonna pay off (probably not), maybe seeing some more stupid shenanigans from Goodell , etc.

Anyway, really looking forward to the 49er's season with a corp of receivers that actually doesn't suck, another chance for Alex Smith to redeem himself, that amazing defense intact, and special teams only missing Ginn (although that definitely hurts). Can't wait for my team to make me proud <3

Oh, and Colin Cowherd is a prick. Just though I'd say.

FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS
1. Colts - QB Andrew Luck
2. Redskins - QB Robert Griffin III aka RG3
3. Browns - RB Trent Richardson
4. Vikings - OT Matt Kalil
5. Jaguars - WR Justin Blackmon
6. Cowboys - CB Morris Claiborne
7. Buccaneers - S Mark Barron
8. Dolphins - QB Ryan Tannehill
9. Panthers - ILB Luke Kuechly
10. Bills - CB Stephon Gilmore
11. Chiefs - DT Dontari Poe
12. Eagles - DT Fletcher Cox
13. Cardinals - WR Michael Floyd
14. Rams - DT Michael Brockers
15. Seahawks - OLB Bruce Irvin
16. Jets - DE Quinton Coples
17. Bengals - CB Dre Kirkpatrick
18. Chargers - DE Melvin Ingram
19. Bears - OLB Shea McClellin
20. Titans - WR Kendall Wright
21. Patriots - DE Chandler Jones
22. Browns - QB Brandon Weedon
23. Lions - OT Riley Reiff
24. Steelers - OG David DeCastro
25. Patriots - ILB Dont'a Hightower
26. Texans - DE Whitney Mercilus
27. Bengals - OG Kevin Zeitler
28. Packers - DE Nick Perry
29. Vikings - S Harrison Smith
30. 49'ers - WR A.J. Jenkins
31. Buccaneers - RB Doug Martin
32. Giants - RB David Wilson

Last edited:

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Glad the Manning team search is finally over. Broncos seem like a good fit for him right now. Tebowmania is now at an end, but maybe he'll get to go back to Florida and play for either Miami or Jacksonville. Lord knows those two teams could use any kind of help they could get. At the very least Tebow would sell tickets.

Of course all I really want from this next season is for the Packers to make it to the playoffs and not lose in their first game after making it to the number one seed like last time. That trophy needs to come back to Titletown.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
Packers fan eh? I don't really have a problem with the Packers since it's my mom's second favorite team. Good luck to you guys this season. I have absolutely no idea what happened to them in that Giants game.

And good lord, Goodell sure did tee off on the Saints. I don't like the Rams, but I kinda feel bad for them not being involved in the bounty gate problem and yet have to lose their defensive coordinator. I don't care about the Saints, the NFC is full of powerhouses as it is, so it's nice that losing Sean Payton for the whole season will definitely hurt them. Plus, it will shut those dumb Saints fan up that were crying foul about the Saints\49ers game, only to find out about their own 'dirty' playing.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Packers fan eh? I don't really have a problem with the Packers since it's my mom's second favorite team. Good luck to you guys this season. I have absolutely no idea what happened to them in that Giants game.
Thanks, I don't really have a problem with the 49er's either. In fact I thank them for passing on drafting Rodgers. I have no idea what happened in that last game either. You'd think having a week off would have helped them a little. I don't particularly like losing to the Giants in the playoffs especially when it happened twice at home. But I'm sure the Patriots hated losing to them twice in the Super Bowl even more.

I new Payton was gonna get some suspension time, but a whole year? Having him plus their general manager (half a season) gone is seriously gonna hurt them next season. Probably the best opportunity for the Falcons to take back the #1 spot in that devision. The Rams losing their defensive coordinator will hurt for a bit, and it won't make things any easier for Jeff Fisher in that division. This was more than just a statement by Goodell, it was him flexing his authoritative muscles to everybody and laying down the law.

Not sure what to make of Tebow going to the Jets yet. I think a home-state team like Jacksonville could have at least used him to help fill the stadium, but I doubt they were seriously gonna commit to the Tebow trade.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
There's no reason for me to watch the season this year.

The Saints are in the shitter.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
I live in Chicago, but I absolutely hate the Bears. I'm a Patriots, Saints, Steelers, and Eagles fan.

I was hoping for Tebow to get traded to a team where he could start immediately, but I guess Jacksonville wasn't willing to give up their 4th round pick, lol.

49ers look really great again, with their new receivers and the return of Alex Smith, even though he's probably pissed off at the Niners for trying to replace him with Manning.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
@Crimson Jazz, Hey there aint nothing wrong with hating the Bears.

The Tebow fans in Florida might not like the trade very much, but I doubt the Jaguars were seriously "all-in" for the Tebow trade, especially if they was just gonna let their top picked quarterback fight it out for the starting job with him. If anything Tebow would more likely do better under the Wildcat that the Jets have Sporano running. Tebow would at least make a better all-purpose player than a full-time quarterback.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
So apparently, Tebow gets to pick between the Jets or the Jaguars.

I think Jacksonville might be the better fit. Maurice Jones-Drew is much better than Willis Mcgahee so the running game would become pretty lethal. Plus, people in Florida would be pretty happy with this. Tebow going to the Jets might do a lot more harm than good. Mark Sanchez already takes a lot of heat as it is, and I'm not sure Rex Ryan would be able to manage the whole situation properly.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
Ah, I checked Adam Schefter's tweets.

@AdamSchefter Denver says it will do the trade that is best for its franchise. Jets or Jags.

@AdamSchefter Denver is trading Tebow to Jets. More now on ESPN.

@AdamSchefter NY has agreed to pay half of the $5 million in compensation back to Denver that was in dispute in Tim Tebow trade.

So it seems I was a bit late ^^;

But I now feel bad for Mark Sanchez. I remember last season when he was booed by the crowd. He's really gonna be in a hole if he can't get the Jets to the playoffs as starting quarterback.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Sanchez will have a lot to prove this season, especially after the contract extension he got. Anything short of a deep playoff run will not be taken well. Now it's up to the Jets to try and incorporate Tebow into their schemes. How well he does is anyone's guess. But really the Jets already have two other quarterbacks on their roster so using Tim in a quarterback position doesn't make much sense.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
Well I was watching Sportsnation and my beloved Michelle Beadle hurt me today. I don't know why people want to belittle Alex Smith for having "hurt feelings" over this Manning fiasco. It's completely understandable considering what he's been through. I expected those comments from that stupid Cowherd, but not from Beadle ;_;

Anyway, glad the 49er's were able to resign Ted Ginn Jr. I know he wanted to be a wide receiver and not just a punt returner which is why he went looking for other teams for a while, but I guess no one wanted him or something. God forbid Kyle Williams returns another punt for us....

Deion Branch got another year with the Patriots. I don't remember him being too good last season, but I guess that's because he was overshadowed by Gronkowski. The Patriot's receivers are starting to become a lot less dangerous than what they once were, which sorta hurts their passing game. I mean sure they have Tom Brady, but the passing game definitely wasn't as good after Gronkowski became injured, which I think cost them the Super Bowl.

And apparently, Matt Forte was peeved at the Bears for signing another RB. Shame, since he's a really good running back, but the Bear's are probably not going to give him the money he wants (again). Guess he really should have held out for that contract when he had the chance like Chris Johnson did with the Titans.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
So Senator Dick Durbin (Illinois) is setting up a Judiciary Committee hearing about bounties in professional football and other major sports after the news that New Orleans Saints players received extra cash for hits that hurt particular opponents. Well this should be interesting.

The bounty system had quarterback targetes including Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, Brett Favrehttp://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/1025/news and Kurt Warner. “Knockouts” were worth $1,500 and “cart-offs” $1,000, with payments doubled or tripled for the playoffs.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
The NFL released the official 2012 schedule yesterday. 2012 NFL Schedule | Regular Season Schedule - NFL.com

At first glance I'm confident my Packers can get at lest 10 wins next season, and the optimist in me says that 12 wins is also within reach. I'm certainly not expecting a shot at a perfect season like I was hoping for last year. An opener against the 49ers, while at home, would still be a tough game. The only division losses I can see would be against the Bears and Lions if it's an away game. The Giants would also be a tough match-up since it's an away game.

Football fans should be happy that we get another Manning vs Brady match-up when the Broncos head to New England in week 5.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
So it's finally Draft time, thank God. Anyone else watching?

I'm personally hoping that the 49er's manage to get that tight end Cobly Fleener, or that wide receiver Hill (forgot his first name).They're both pretty big guys, especially Hill who is a tall 6'4. I'm hoping they get Hill though, because the Niners already have Vernon Davis, so Fleener would be competing with Delanie Walker, who I like. Hill would definitely add to their new receiving group.

Can't wait to see how this draft turns out~

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Re: NFL 2012-13 Season (Draft Picks in OP)

I still think RG3 will have a better overall career than Luck. Maybe that's just because I think RG3 is soawesome, and Luck is pretty boring to me.

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust

Not sure what to think about the 49'ers pick. I mean, I know the owner Trent Baalke had mentioned awhile ago that he had a special interest in a player that the other teams likely didn't so I shouldn't feel to surprised, but still..

Anyways, really expecting RG3 to perform much better than Luck, since RG3 has better weapons around him. Plus, I don't like the Cowboys, so I want the Redskins to force them to the bottom of the division.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Kupo having to travel. Missed the entire first round. Anyway no surprise about Luck and RG3, pretty much knew this would happen bla bla bla.

Packers used their 28th pick to get LB Nick Perry from USC, which I like cause the pass rush needs a boost. Perry will likely be an outside linebacker in the Packers' 3-4 scheme, which could make him a potential compliment to fellow Trojan Clay Matthews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back