• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Next Title= Kingdom Hearts 3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yerg

So is it almost certain KH3 is the next title? If Nomura wants to keep up with 1 per year game promise I think we would be seeing one more side game before KH3 in 2014.
What are your guys thoughts?
(KH3D was epic btw)

ShailsTDSPT

Next title is a light game which we have no idea what it is. It can be HD Collection, it can be Theatrhythm: Kingdom Hearts, it can be whatever the hell is on Trollmura's head.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
I'd say 2015 is when it MIGHT be released, but it really all depends on how Versus is doing. We'll probably see the small game next year and then the HD collection in 2014, unless they're the same thing.

TheRoadToDawn

I'm pretty certain this "lighter game" is the HD Collection, and im also sure that versus is pretty much done. So we should be expecting a KH3 reveal sooner than later.

TheRoadToDawn

It was in one of his interviews when he was talking about the future of the series. I'll try to find it.

Last edited:

TheRoadToDawn

^^ Here it is.
http://sqex.info/2012/05/kh3d-director-interview-in-famitsu-weekly/

— Lastly, a message for our readers.

Nomura: We’ve decided to distribute a KH3D demo in North America as well as Japan. You can play part of Sora’s scenario in Traverse Town. So if your friends haven’t played it yet, you can recommend it to them. And of course, give the co-op mini game Flick Rush a try. Also, an unannounced title is being prepared as well, though it’s something lighter. There are still songs continuing to be distributed for Theartrhythm Final Fantasy so you can look forward to that as well.

Decrith

The good news is Versus is already in full production so it won't take long till its done, and better news is its using similar gameplay/engine with kingdom hearts, made by the same team etc. so once Versus is done, if they move to KH3 immediately, it won't take too long. So 2015 is a good guess like iDrops said.

EDIT: The fact that Nomura mentions Theatrhythm: FF after mentioning a project makes Theatrhythm KH a possibility like the other said. Since for one, the engine is already there, they just need the art for it.

Yerg

what about the secret message in 3D could that mean anything?
And thanks for the interview :)

Decrith

what about the secret message in 3D could that mean anything?
And thanks for the interview :)

Well...

It said the past will be revisited in better details, or something like that, so If that is the case, I can see a KH HD Remake or something.

If Nomura is still going with the 1 KH game per year, we can see KH HD and Theatrhythm KH for the next 2 years.

Arkrend

Well...

It said the past will be revisited in better details, or something like that, so If that is the case, I can see a KH HD Remake or something.

If Nomura is still going with the 1 KH game per year, we can see KH HD and Theatrhythm KH for the next 2 years.

This is very likely. I can see Theatrythm coming out next year while the HD remakes come out in 2014 on consoles.

Nomura also said, in an interview not long ago, that it's time for Kingdom Hearts to come back to consoles. It's entirely possible they're already working on an HD remaster/remake for consoles since the HD games would take longer to produce than the Theatrythm game.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Guys, regarding the lighter offering, he wasn't necessarily talking about Kingdom Hearts.

Although you are right, he never directly said the lighter game is Kingdom Hearts, the message was in a Kingdom Hearts interview (why would he first talk about an unannounced FF title in a KH interview???), and there is no way KH3 will be out next year to fufill the "1 game a year" quota that has seemingly been going on, so a lighter game could fill the hole in preparation for KH3's release possibly late 2014-2015.

hoikess

mid 2014 becuase they use the same engine as versus kh3d was made in one year because they used the bbs engine so 1 year max

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Not counting "smaller" things like a potential HD remaster and/or a Theaterhythm Kingdom Hearts then technically, yes. They've more or less covered everything they could in the time from BbS to now, disregarding the nine year gap between BbS and one that probably won't be covered in a separate game.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
KH3's development depends on when Versus releases. I wouldn't be shocked that even by late 2013, no real work on KH3 would have begun.

doortolight

Awards
I am hoping the next one will be an hd collection, all though I have them all I must say them in high def and this would be the perfect chance for america to get the fm bonuses

and PLEASE no thearythm

LMNOP

KH3's development depends on when Versus releases. I wouldn't be shocked that even by late 2013, no real work on KH3 would have begun.

Id doubt that. Im pretty sure at the 25th FF anniversery or TGS theyll announce FFV13 release date so if anything id say Spring-Summer 2013 starting point if not earlier.

Lets not forget V13 has already been in production for several years, they HAVE to be nearing the end of production and if not then maybe they should just give up on it, because it almost looks like that game will never come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back