• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Next Kingdom Hearts, 4 or more of 'random word generator' titles?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Are you agree for next Kingdom Hearts series be like CoM,Days,BbS?

• Yep.. (^_^)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Neh.. (-_-)

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • so-so. (^_^;)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I do care if it's KH series. \(^o^)/

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

.xone

Awards
I've thinking bout this for a while. Recently, after frustration over the new KH3 trailer at D23, the newer title will be like CoM/Days or numbered title is in my mind. I suspected that Nomura will be creating more of 'random word generator' titles again.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Nomura's said something along the lines of whatever comes after III will not be numbered, so I'm assuming the next saga isn't numbered.

So, probably? Though there won't be more titles before III besides 2.8. I wish he'd work with a translator when he did these titles. But, whatever, it is what it is. I just hope the next saga is cleaner.

Antar

Awards
I don't really care. I find the names interesting, actually. They give the series some character instead of having a generic naming scheme. It's what makes the game titles unique :p
And, at least for me, it's more fun to refer to a game as something like "Birth By Sleep", or "358/2 Days" than just a single number.

(Also, you might want to make your poll question more clear. Your wording is kind of confusing. You also might want to change "Are you agree" to "Do you agree"; that would be the correct way to ask that)

.xone

Awards
Nomura's said something along the lines of whatever comes after III will not be numbered, so I'm assuming the next saga isn't numbered.

So, probably? Though there won't be more titles before III besides 2.8. I wish he'd work with a translator when he did these titles. But, whatever, it is what it is. I just hope the next saga is cleaner.

May I see the source? Want to get more detail from it.

I don't really care. I find the names interesting, actually.

(Also, you might want to make your poll question more clear. Your wording is kind of confusing. You also might want to change "Are you agree" to "Do you agree"; that would be the correct way to ask that)

I think the more titles, the more bizarre the series became. And sorry for that poll mistake. I realize it after press 'submit' Xd.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm presuming the next saga will be subtitled, and if any sequel comes, it'll work like:
KINGDOM HEARTS - Darkness Whatever Darkness >>> KH - Darkness Whatever Darkness 2

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Kingdom Hearts 6.9 - Launchpad's Mysterious Funhouse of Wonder and Excitement

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
It would honestly be off putting to ever number them again, like if the new saga begins with Kingdom hearts 4 it will immediately off put new people from jumping into the series at that point. Which I think they want.

So yeah, I vote subtitles from now.

Vanitas X

I wouldn't mind the names as long as the names have meaning like COM, BBS, and RE Coded.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I wouldn't mind the names as long as the names have meaning like COM, BBS, and RE Coded.

According to Nomura Days has different meanings behind its name. The 2 for example represents two individuals, as to who they are is up to the player.

The only games that don't have meaning are 1, 2, and 3 and they get a free pass.

Vanitas X

According to Nomura Days has different meanings behind its name. The 2 for example represents two individuals, as to who they are is up to the player.

The only games that don't have meaning are 1, 2, and 3 and they get a free pass.
I have heard about days too I just didn't added in because most people should be aware of that but not a lot of people are that aware of the other names

Vanitas X

If anything they should name the next KH title with a name before the 4th game so that it can slowly introduce a new saga and new villain

.xone

Awards
SE always release a teaser quite long time before complete their game. We maybe will see this 'Kingdom Hearts Next' (self naming) in, maybe 2018, I say.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
SE always release a teaser quite long time before complete their game. We maybe will see this 'Kingdom Hearts Next' (self naming) in, maybe 2018, I say.

Nomura's already said that he's trying to figure out what the secret ending of III will be, so you're right about there being some sort of teaser before the next game;)

Anyway, I think I'm team subtitles at this point. As much as I don't like most of them, and would prefer something like KHIV, it would be alienating to new players. So subtitles are probably for the best.

I just hope that all the games in the next series are main title level, though, and that Square no longer does the "side games" thing with the franchise.

It's too confusing for outsiders to know what games to play and in what order for this series. The next saga doesn't need to do that, too.

Wonderful

Awards
i don't see how a title like khiv would be more alienating to fans than subtitles. at least with numbers you have a clear picture of where it falls in the series, subtitles it could be anywhere, and definitely could lead to new players feeling like they can't just jump in.

if you see birth by sleep, 358/2 days, re:coded, dream drop distance all on a shelf, how are you supposed to know which one to start with?

no matter what they do, it's going to be a little hard for any new player to jump into the next saga based on title alone.

personally, i still think subtitles are going to be kept for more side-story-ish games, whereas console games will be numbered, even in the new saga. i see the first entry of the new saga definitely starting with kh4. or maybe they'll even make the next saga have it's own naming convention. i.e. Kingdom Hearts: The X Saga, Kingdom Hearts: The X Saga II, Kingdom Hearts: The X Saga -Lost Memories- and so on.

Muke

whatever
Awards
^^^

Agreed to the naming convention. Let's assume the next Saga is titled 'Light in the Dark'... Then just make it:
KINGDOM HEARTS: Light in the Dark, KH: LitD -Dreaming- and on and forth.

chrisora2066

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I think the next saga should start with Kingdom Hearts 4, it'll have to be a main title. They could do a side game to introduce the new villain but I think the random titles are more alienating then the numbered ones especially since the only randomly generated titles that are on their own on current hardware are DDD and Unchained X. New fans to catch up won't be looking directly at the titles we know they'll be getting 1.5, 2.5, 2.8 and 3 to catch up. If they see Kingdom Hearts: Time of Darkness on a shelf next to Kingdom Hearts 3 and 2.8 it'd definetly look a little out of place. They also need to figure out what the spin offs will go on. It would be a bit jarring to go from the new style of KH3 back to DDD models if there's no new handheld besides the 3DS out at the time. The Vita is practically dead so that's out of the question.

TL;DR Given that the collections are all numerical I think Kingdom Hearts 4 is next and most fitting also 3DS is only surviving handheld atm and jumping from KH3 graphics down to DDD wouldn't seem right.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
i don't see how a title like khiv would be more alienating to fans than subtitles. at least with numbers you have a clear picture of where it falls in the series, subtitles it could be anywhere, and definitely could lead to new players feeling like they can't just jump in.

if you see birth by sleep, 358/2 days, re:coded, dream drop distance all on a shelf, how are you supposed to know which one to start with?

no matter what they do, it's going to be a little hard for any new player to jump into the next saga based on title alone.
You've got a point there. When I first got into all of this, it took me some time and a bit of research to get the order of the games down. And even now, I know there are still some nincompoops who think that BBS takes place in the future, just because it was released after KHII...

Still, I'm a bit fond of the word salad titles. They're more interesting than a roman numeral. SE should probably come up with a way to clearly order the games, though. Maybe do it like a novel series, putting the number on the spine of the cover but not in the actual title?

.xone

Awards
The subtitle is making the KH series expand more than it should become but the FM make more confusing than it already been, they add some cutscene that nowhere to be found in the original one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back