• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Next Famitsu issue contains a Nomura interview and more on KH HD 2.5 ReMIX

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdog

Awards
The saddest thing is that I would buy that. Even though I own every single entry released in NA including 1.5 and soon 2.5... I would still get that.

Right! I've been holding out, and if it doesn't get announced by at least next June looks like I'll be buying back a ps3 since I haven't been able to play either Remixes. Gotta platinum!

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Right! I've been holding out, and if it doesn't get announced by at least next June looks like I'll be buying back a ps3 since I haven't been able to play either Remixes. Gotta platinum!
Oh no. :c That sucks, it's not looking very likely that 1.5 or 2.5 will ever be available on the PSN either.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
The saddest thing is that I would buy that. Even though I own every single entry released in NA including 1.5 and soon 2.5... I would still get that.

Why is it sad? A new game + a visual upgrade (which will hopefully include a higher frame-rate option). Sounds good to me.

Antar

Awards
Why is it sad? A new game + a visual upgrade (which will hopefully include a higher frame-rate option). Sounds good to me.

Shhhhh, Taochan is an addict.

Nothing to see here...
*nervous glance*

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Shhhhh, Taochan is an addict.

Nothing to see here...
*nervous glance*
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's sad because I wouldn't hesitate to spend more money on games I will already have owned twice. xD

WaveK89

HD KH3D wouldn't be too far off if they started already to go with the "game release every year" ideal. I really don't see KH3 making it's way into 2015, so it could be an option. Of course, I suppose they could do something else as well to fill the gap. /hopless-optimism

Xagzan

Awards

So would I. We have a sickness.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Don't feel alone...I'd buy it too...and feel not the slightest regrets~ 8D

Gram

Banned
Awards
The struggle is real, and Gram gets it. We all in this together!

Comrades in addiction, why kick the habit when you can just play it and enjoy it more~

So, what do you imagine Nomura will talk about in his Famitsu Interview? How he's going full-steam ahead with KH3?
I'm more curious what his reactions to the FFV ordeal will be cause you all know he's gonna get asked.

Sdog

Awards
So, what do you imagine Nomura will talk about in his Famitsu Interview? How he's going full-steam ahead with KH3?

Do we know for a fact the interview took place recently? Like after the events of the TGS announcement? If so I'm sure we're all in agreement on what we want to know about, but it'd be nice to even just have him say something about 2.5 and his involvement in 3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm more curious what his reactions to the FFV ordeal will be cause you all know he's gonna get asked.

Eh, I don't think it's likely. Besides the fact it is very possible SE would probably disallow that, it is also more likely that Famitsu won't bother asking it because their primary focus would be on discussing 2.5 and Nomura's work with the series as a whole. Japanese press is much more respectful than western press in that regard.

Do we know for a fact the interview took place recently? Like after the events of the TGS announcement? If so I'm sure we're all in agreement on what we want to know about, but it'd be nice to even just have him say something about 2.5 and his involvement in 3.

It was definitely recent. We won't know if it was before or after TGS until the interview comes out, but we all know that he'd be asked about KH3 regardless of the news from TGS. It's the current big project of Osaka and Nomura's the man with the answers.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Eh, I don't think it's likely. Besides the fact it is very possible SE would probably disallow that, it is also more likely that Famitsu won't bother asking it because their primary focus would be on discussing 2.5 and Nomura's work with the series as a whole. Japanese press is much more respectful than western press in that regard.
Respectful press....such a thing exists? 0,o

Hopefully we get a hint or two too 2.5's new secret vid then.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

The relationship between Famitsu and other Japanese gaming mags and Kingdom Hearts is totally different than, say Kotaku or IGN. In some cases information given in interviews has even been redacted.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Tinny provides a great example. There's so much trust between developers and Japanese press that they aren't afraid to reveal information that can't be released to the public at the current time, because they know that they will cover it up.

Whereas in the west, if you accidentally leak something, it's all on your head and you'd be insanely lucky if they're willing to remove your statement, no matter how politely you ask.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
It's also worth noting that most of the time the interviewer is given a set of questions to ask, or given a note saying what questions are off limits. I'm not sure how real journalism works in Japan, but I know this is true for videogames.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yeah. Japanese press and game developers is a lot different there. It is because of their respectful and trustworthy relationship that you find that developers are much more comfortable talking to them about secret information and know that they won't reveal it.

The relationship between Famitsu and other Japanese gaming mags and Kingdom Hearts is totally different than, say Kotaku or IGN. In some cases information given in interviews has even been redacted.

Which is always funny like when Nomura was talking about Lea and they kept having the black spots but everybody knew who it was anyways just by guessing.

It's also worth noting that most of the time the interviewer is given a set of questions to ask, or given a note saying what questions are off limits. I'm not sure how real journalism works in Japan, but I know this is true for videogames.

Definitely not as true with Japanese press. They are likely given guidelines, of course, but they are much more informal with their questioning and let the conversation flow and edit post-interview.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
I was actually thinking of some of the ultimania interviews. Some of them seem to have been chosen specific.y because nomura had an answer to it. But I was mistaken In regards to famitsu I apologize.

Edit: I was thinking of something Kojima said. He said he preferred the the overseas gaming press to the Japanese gaming press in regards to interviews. I forgot the reason why though. That's probably why I got that idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back