• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Newcomer, little introduction

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Flinkon15th

So I kind of stumbled onto KH in 2013. The first game I played was DDD, I just saw the Disney characters and was drawn in by that, but ended up getting a whole lot more than what I asked for. I was super super confused playing through DDD (obviously), but instead of just moving on with my life, I decided to do research online, found out that there were like 7 other games, and then just stuck with it since.

I've come to adore KH more than any other series, but none of my friends really get it. Like
I'm not shy to tell them about it, but they just kind of brush it off, either as just a kid's game, or they think I'm crazy for going on a story rant. So it mostly was just me getting excited during my first play through of KH3, and then Remind, and whatnot.

Since I finished Remind came out, I kind of lost interest in KH as a bunch of things happened, but Dark Road has managed to reel me back in, so I'm doing another replay of KH3, and I guess I'm just looking for a community of people who enjoy the games as much as I do.

Okay enough about me, I'll be quiet now

D

Deleted member 252753

Welcome to the forum, Flinkon15th. Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to see what different people think of the series and how they got into it. I can't even imagine jumping into the story at DDD so well done for persevering!

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Welcome to the KH family, new friend! Major props to see fans who started the series via Dream Drop Distance :)

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
So I kind of stumbled onto KH in 2013. The first game I played was DDD, I just saw the Disney characters and was drawn in by that, but ended up getting a whole lot more than what I asked for. I was super super confused playing through DDD (obviously), but instead of just moving on with my life, I decided to do research online, found out that there were like 7 other games, and then just stuck with it since.

I've come to adore KH more than any other series, but none of my friends really get it. Like
I'm not shy to tell them about it, but they just kind of brush it off, either as just a kid's game, or they think I'm crazy for going on a story rant. So it mostly was just me getting excited during my first play through of KH3, and then Remind, and whatnot.

Since I finished Remind came out, I kind of lost interest in KH as a bunch of things happened, but Dark Road has managed to reel me back in, so I'm doing another replay of KH3, and I guess I'm just looking for a community of people who enjoy the games as much as I do.

Okay enough about me, I'll be quiet now

Have you played DDD again since? How was it?

Also, welcome! 🥳

Flinkon15th

Have you played DDD again since? How was it?

Also, welcome! 🥳

Yeah, of course, and it made a wholeeeeee lot more sense after understanding what was going on. Also there was an actual appreciation for the KH characters and the stories, especially in World That Never Was, which made the game a whole lot more interesting than just 'oooh, Dinsey worlds.' I actually got every emotional beat, which was really nice to experience.
Personally, I wouldn't recommend starting at DDD to anyone else, but for me, the Disney worlds made me get the game, and the mystery of what the heck is going on kept me in the series. Also, DDD Sora felt a lot like KH1 Sora lol

Back