• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Years resolution anyone?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier

Awards
Ahoy hoy,

This must be the first new thread of 2018, and if it is, i'll be over the moon with energy. Anyways, at the time of typing this (1:31 PM EST) i thought about my new years resolution, which would be to work out a bit more than i have. I'm not necessarily overweight (quite the opposite, my body is very thin, fast metabolism and all of that) but i'm not as fit as most people would be. So i have decided to try and dedicate an hour of my time each day to build some muscle mass. What are your new years resolutions? i'm curious.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
do some writing. get some work done. hang out with at least one of my friends. and not die, thats up there

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
January -

Finish the heavy outline and generally script the show I'm writing

February -

Finish the score of the musical I'm writing

March -

Perform the musical I'm currently rehearsing
Perform the revue I'm currently rehearsing

April -

Don't kill myself on my bday

May -

Look for paid work
Continue to refine my musical

June -

Wear sunscreen
Continue to avoid any and all KH3 spoilers

July -

Hopefully performing something

August -

Ditto ^^^

September -

Either go back to school or put more work into my musicals

October -

More of the above, but also looking into apartments in Chichi or NYC

November -

Start Xmas shopping early
Maybe perform another revue this month

December -

Relax. Play KH3 since it's coming out this month

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Well, I'll write down some stuff I remember on spot!

• Gaming related: finish Dark Souls, get Nier Automata, get KH3, GET AN OFFICIAL MERCH SANS PLUSHIE (I almost got the necessary munz!!!);
  • Fangasm related (?): GO TO AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR;
  • Real-life related: finish my Art license studies without crumbling to psychologically-damaged dust (I really want it to be over... just over), then apply to Philosophy Master studies ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥;
  • Personal: practise guitar more and more, read belletristic/some good fiction books in various languages, continue getting into theoretical physics and philosophy of science~
  • um.............................draw a lot? that's included every year tho. Oh, and do art commissions~
  • pet my dog a lot, that's a new one since I got my doggo only this summer :'D

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Be richer and busier this year than I already am. Wouldn't really say I have much else in way of resolutions that I couldn't just do on a whim.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
To get a better job than my last one, and finally finish the novel I've been planning and working on for a while now.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
It's time to get my abs back.

Since I've become a beer connoisseur I've developed a bit of a beer belly. I've been doing lots of exercises and yoga to get back into shape.

I also really need to find a career I can stick to. I just haven't found a long term career for myself and I'm struggling to find what works for me. Hopefully this year is the year that changes.

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
Attempting Dry January. A one month time frame to not drink a drop of alcohol - I work in a pub too.
Tonight I venture out with my friends and we see if I am just weak or well... really weak.

noctgar

I want to travel a lot more and find a job I'm happy with that also pays well. I also want to finish up a novel I've been working on since around this time last year. It would be awesome to finally finish it up!

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Get Platinum on each KH game for PS4..

Don't get fired.

Try being a better person than I was last year..

Soldier

Awards
Get Platinum on each KH game for PS4..

Don't get fired.

Try being a better person than I was last year..
Good luck with that man, you're going to need it, particularly during the data fights and secret bosses of BBS if you didn't already do that. It was my personal hell for a solid month.

These all sound like fantastic resolutions, unique to each individual who wants to better themselves in one way or another. I hope all of you are able to complete these resolutions in a year's time.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Get internship. If I can do that I'm happy, at this point I couldn't care less about anything else school related since it's all completely useless and worthless unless I get internship done. Pls. All I want for 2018.

Guess I'll also try to get more art done. Last year was decent in terms of productivity though, so if I can just keep that up it's good for now. And, I'd also like to just become a stronger person overall. Physically too if possible but mostly mentally. Gotta keep things together.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
To try dating for the first time in many years.

To keep up my straight A's from last semester (Hahaha wish me luck, I have Aural Theory IV.)

To try to get back in shape. I've really lost since it I quit my active job and went back to college.

To get a job in the summer, but hopefully squeeze in a trip to the Northeast beforehand (with actual consideration of moving there! ^_^)

ImVentus

Awards
Keep taking risks and step out of any type of comfort zone.

Find a real good job and maybe take a course for music

Consider if I want to apply for a university (If I find one that actually features what I want to do)

Keep working on my art and try to have more fun with video games.

Never be afraid of change, change is good to grow.

To make sure that 2018 will be another worthy year.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Getting fit. I've got some serious tone in my arms from lifting boxes for the last months, but that isn't enough exercise in the day to keep me truly trim and fit. I drank too much soda and ate too much junk food at the end of the year because of stress so I have to course-correct. I know I'm skinny but there is a difference in being skinny and being fit and healthy

Cut out caffeine. Everybody lives off of caffeine around me, but I get caffeine exhaustion easily which causes quite a bit of back pain for me.

Finish my novel. I feel ridiculous for stressing about it, too.

Get CPR + First Aid certified so I can apply for the jobs I want. It the ONLY hurdle keeping me from applying for speech therapy and it is such a stupid easy task to accomplish. I've let my job get in the way of doing it, sadly.

Apply for a Masters/Doctorate Psychology program. I've held off on that as well. It's time to just take the dive. diddly the fear of failure.

Less spending. I have too much junk I need to get rid of. And I'm great at paying off my bills, but I don't really want to have unnecessary bills anymore in general. Mainly I just want to shove money into paying for my private school loan because the interest is stupid af.

Gaming-wise, I need to stop buying games until Kingdom Hearts 3. I'll support stuff that deserves it, but no more AAA purchases or impulse buys. I need to save for like all 20 versions of KH3 that will come out.

Gonna also try and platinum as many games as I can. I need to get rid of stuff, like I said. I have so many games I won't play again once I finish them so why should I hold of on playing them any longer.

On a personal level, I really want to work on being the best me I can be. Healthy, put together, and happy. I also want to try and keep being a good friend to those I care about. A lot of crap happened to me last year that made me have to cut off almost everything and everybody except like my closest friends, so I want to just...do better at being better.

A

I shoot first there is no shooting back
Awards
-Drop this tech job and find a real engineering job
-make money in crypto like I should have done back in 2012
-save up at-least $20,000
-Make my trip to europe again this year

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
My plan was to quit smoking come New Years, but as per usual, I gave up within a week of that. I'm gonna try again though - I made it about a month or so last time, back in November. I also want to get fit again - I spent the last 4 months working, and didn't have time for the gym. At least, that's what I convinced myself. So 4 months of no gym, smoking, drinking have not helped me, along with excessive christmas food last month. So I guess I'll go work out a bit more.
I think my ultimate plan is to finally get a permanent full-time job and move out finally. I graduated back in November, and I promised myself I would only stick around until then. Still, I just finished my contract for my job there, and despite people being insistent that I was certainly getting kept on, I was not kept on. At least not for any viable reason I can discern. My availability was constant, my work ethic was constantly praised, customers loved me, and I actually sold credit cards to people which no one else did, but y'all were insistent. So now I guess I'm stuck with getting a new job now.

So I guess quitting smoking and slacking. Get my own flat, and get myself a nice new job. Maybe graduate job if I push it, but since there's nothing out there rn, fat chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back