• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New V-Jump Scan: Fantasia and Tron: Legacy Featured!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Lets be fair, after the premise of all new Disney worlds these loopholes after loopholes after loopholes are rather disappointing. So those complaints are rather understandable.

By no means are they terrible, but they're pretty lackluster all the same for anyone who thought there was going to be lots of new Disney characters and concepts.
Maybe they should've looked at Nomura's comments about having only all-new worlds, not characters and that Square would use unused worlds. Since Pinocchio was one of them, it was ALWAYS obvious this would be the outcome. And they're not loopholes, they're simply new worlds with some of them having returning characters. Seriously, why is everybody having such a problem? At least were actually getting all-new Disney worlds this time.
I didn't realise that a game having a plot was too confusing for a person. I'm so sorry, would you like some Call of Duty?
Chaser, that was pure OWNAGE! I'm sorry, but that's the best comment I've heard all year!

Awards
That's why they play the first game or look it up online.

I dunno about you guys... but regardless of how complex this game's storyline is, this game is STILL targeted towards children. No child would go through all the trouble just to understand a video game. If you're a child, you go with what you know and PLAY it.

I didn't realise that a game having a plot was too confusing for a person. I'm so sorry, would you like some Call of Duty?

You're silly. You really are. And I don't play crap.

Crazy Mario

I dunno about you guys... but regardless of how complex this game's storyline is, this game is STILL targeted towards children. No child would go through all the trouble just to understand a video game. If you're a child, you go with what you know and PLAY it.

You're silly. You really are. And I don't play crap.
See, this is where people get confused. Yes, it's kid-oriented. But it's targeted for EVERYONE, it just grabs the child audiences more with Disney. It doesn't mean that's the only genre.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

You're silly. You really are. And I don't play crap.[/QUOTE I didn't know a thing about Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy X, Zelda Wind Waker, and Jet Set Radio Future and I went nuts over it.

Mr Yippie

Maybe they should've looked at Nomura's comments about having only all-new worlds, not characters and that Square would use unused worlds. Since Pinocchio was one of them, it was ALWAYS obvious this would be the outcome. And they're not loopholes, they're simply new worlds with some of them having returning characters. Seriously, why is everybody having such a problem? At least were actually getting all-new Disney worlds this time.

He said there would be all-new Disney worlds, as well as worlds that had been considered for earlier games. Notre Dame fit the former, Pinocchio fit the latter, so it was fair to expect the inclusion of some never-been-used Disney series as well as some expected ones.

I guess when he said "all-new" worlds some of us expected everything in them to be, well, new. Like new characters for Sora to interact with, and more villains to fight. That kind of stuff.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

And yet the average age of people who actually play KH is something like 15-24. Any kid playing will pick it up and enjoy it because they won't bother to care about the story. When I was a kid, I didn't say "wow, this game has an amazing story!" I said "wow this game is fun to play!" Also, they'd be smart and start from the first game and go in order.

Crazy Mario

He said there would be all-new Disney worlds, as well as worlds that had been considered for earlier games. Notre Dame fit the former, Pinocchio fit the latter, so it was fair to expect the inclusion of some never-been-used Disney series as well as some expected ones.

I guess when he said "all-new" worlds some of us expected everything in them to be, well, new. Like new characters for Sora to interact with, and more villains to fight. That kind of stuff.
That's really ironic considering Pinocchio is a returning character, you know? You should've thought more throughly than just assume that.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
No. It's not the one that will benefit the franchise.

Kid playing KH for the first time: Who is Even? DTD? Organization XIII? Maleficent? Ansem the Wise? Ansem SoD? Xemnas? Xehanort?

I can go down the list. If I were to pick up this game right now without knowing how the story went, I would drop it.

There are different types of narratives.

Some games focus lightly on the story and thus you can pick up any game, play it and understand it all. Others have a much greater focus on their story and thus rely heavily upon previous entries and elements that have been introduced in each installment.

Kingdom Hearts happens to be one of those. That you can't pick up DDD, when it's an interlude chapter, is not a valid criticism.

Assuming kids care that much or that their level of awareness will disallow them to enjoy the game simply because of it's narrative style.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Yes. We would all much rather fight Pete AGAIN than the Black Horned King. Yay! Because you know, it's healthy to be rolled over by a fat, oversized dog!
For what it's worth, I kind of agree with you. The DDD Worlds seem to be fairly lackluster at the moment: consider, however, that we know very little about the composition of Fantasia as a World, Notre Dame is bound to be fun, we'll be exploring parts of Traverse Town we've never seen (with TWEWY characters!) and The Three Musketeers may help in fleshing out some of the Disney characters (not that we really need it). Would I prefer a Black Cauldron based World to The Three Musketeers or Tron: Legacy? You bet. Even so, the whole Realm of Sleep seems like a fairly new and interesting concept even if I disagree with how it's being executed in a number of ways.

That being said, I totally sympathize with your desire for truly new Disney Worlds, considering that's what Nomura stated we would get; instead, he's providing technicalities. I don't really need two Worlds with Mickey as a central character or another Tron run-through. Not everyone can be pleased, though, and if these Worlds are exciting to some people, more power to them.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
tbh this kh has some pretty promising things going for it already imo

- hunchback of notre dame (possibly my favorite disney movie of all time)

- pinnochio world (see: new)

- The TWEWY cameos

- Possibility of Olivia Wilde (lol)

- the new outfits help to dampen the dread that comes with playing kh1 sora AGAIN, plus riku is playable and he got a haircut

the two mickey worlds are kind of a downer though yes

but i *might* actually buy this. As someone who doesn't care as much about the series anymore, I don't have high hopes even with these things going for it, but who knows?

KeybladeStriker

Awards
So excited! Can't wait! I actually have always wanted there to be a fantasia world in a way or have it incorperated with the game. :) Personally, I wish they didn't use Tron again. I wish they would have brought in a new world instead BUT! It may be very imporatant that Tron is in the game.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Look Nomura can't actually use every good world on this game, there's still KH3 & KH4 & KH27 & so forth. He should be thinking long term into deciding worlds go in what games & not immediately cram all of the best choices in the next upcoming game.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
but i *might* actually buy this. As someone who doesn't care as much about the series anymore, I don't have high hopes even with these things going for it, but who knows?

Haha, the thing about about this is that even if my interest in the series as a whole has decreased, I know I'll buy this regardless.

First I have to get a 3DS, which as someone who has neglected to buy Nintendo consoles for the past few years, I definitely plan to purchase one and this game along with it.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Haha, the thing about about this is that even if my interest in the series as a whole has decreased, I know I'll buy this regardless.

First I have to get a 3DS, which as someone who has neglected to buy Nintendo consoles for the past few years, I definitely plan to purchase one and this game along with it.
Wait a few months, so you can buy one used for about 120$ that what i'm doin

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
No. It's not the one that will benefit the franchise.

Kid playing KH for the first time: Who is Even? DTD? Organization XIII? Maleficent? Ansem the Wise? Ansem SoD? Xemnas? Xehanort?

I can go down the list. If I were to pick up this game right now without knowing how the story went, I would drop it.

When I was a kid I played KH in this order
Com-kh2-kh1
Half the time I didn't know what was going on in the story at all and look where I am now, posting on a forum for the game
We just started seeing the worlds and if your going to complain about it make a thread and troll people there
Kingdom hearts is a SERIES deal with it
Back on topic, Can't wait for Famitsu

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
-Traverse Town - Yes, it's not unusual to reuse the same thing over and over.

This is the first time Traverse Town is being used in a non-KH1 based game.
So, shut the hell up.
Districts 4 and 5- my body is ready.

-Three Musketeers - Ok, a world based on the original Disney characters.

And a really good Disney movie at that.

-Fantasia - Ok, ANOTHER world based on the original Disney characters.

And a really, really, really, great Disney movie at that. And it's a movie that we known would appear in some form because it's obvious that the events had already happened.

-Pinnochio - Yay! Let's walk around an abandoned circus and plunge into the bowels of Monstro AGAIN! Let's hope we get to exit the back door this time!

Prankster Paradise, not Monstro.
Monstro is only a section of the world.
A huge chunk of the fanbase have been asking for this world, ever since it's exclusion from Days.

-Hunchback of Notre Dame - The only exception here.

It's the only one that doesn't have some ties with already established elements. So what?
The Realm of Sleep is the perfect place for scenarios that couldn't take place otherwise to happen in.
I for one am happy Nomura is taking advantage of this, instead of throwing opportunity out the window.

-Tron - My eyes are going to hurt again.

Know what? Stop complaining about stupid shit.

Rob Diablo

This is the first time Traverse Town is being used in a non-KH1 based game.
So, shut the hell up.
Districts 4 and 5- my body is ready.

And a really good Disney movie at that.

And a really, really, really, great Disney movie at that. And it's a movie that we known would appear in some form because it's obvious that the events had already happened.

Prankster Paradise, not Monstro.
Monstro is only a section of the world.
A huge chunk of the fanbase have been asking for this world, ever since it's exclusion from Days.

It's the only one that doesn't have some ties with already established elements. So what?
The Realm of Sleep is the perfect place for scenarios that couldn't take place otherwise to happen in.
I for one am happy Nomura is taking advantage of this, instead of throwing opportunity out the window.

Know what? Stop complaining about stupid shit.

I agree with you 100% I don't get why people are complaining. People should just wait to play the game, see how they make it work, and stop being stupid.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Is it just me or does this game have the BLANDEST worlds ever?

Do you know what "bland" means? It means "dull or devoid of any distinctive characteristics." If anything, the worlds we have so far are quite different and varied. We have a circus, a cathedral, a playhouse, a whale, a cyberspace, and more is too come. I wouldn't say that those areas are dull or aren't distinct from one another -__-

-Fantasia - Ok, ANOTHER world based on the original Disney characters.

Fantasia isn't based on the original Disney characters, it is a compilation of many different and numerous stories that are all very different from one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back