• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New V-Jump Scan: Fantasia and Tron: Legacy Featured!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Yippie

THIS IS DEFINITELY THE TIME TO HAVE THE RETURN OF CHERNABOG!!!!!!

fan2000tasia10250.jpg

I'd much rather fight this bad boy than Chernabog.

Again.

to be fair, they're both death gods of flame and fire.

its just up to you if you want to do the same stuff over again, i guess

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
>never seen fantasia

oh phooey :<

At least I've seen Tron: Legacy :D

Still though, that monster looks pretty great to fight.

Marx15

&#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937;
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Again.

Well if they really are going to reuse Chernabog, or use this big ol' guy you got there, then I'd rather it'd be Sora faces one of them while Riku faces the other. That would be really cool IMO.

I only say Chernabog, since they have used him before, he was in End Of The World and when Ansem SoD was defeated, all the worlds that taken by the Heartless returned. I know the Fantasia world includes Mysterious Tower, but it still means that Chernabog would return to this original world. Which would most likely be the Fantasia World. So there is more of a possibility of him returning, then a new guy to be introduced. Since they can work with what they have.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason why he was listed to be in it on the KHwiki site.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
fan2000tasia10250.jpg

Again.

Mabey a bonus boss, or mabey sora would fight one while riku fought the other, Nomura siad they would have diffrent bosses

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

This is the Firebird. It is fierce and it scared me when I was younger. ;A;

I sadly never got to see that while I was young.
I do remember being scared shitless AND be in complete awe with Night on Bald Mountain. I take it both scenes have similar effects on the young. :3

Canti

Website
viewtifuljoex.deviantart.com
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the Firebird Suite needs to make an appearance in the series. Personally, I want them to save that for KH3 though, that way, the animations and graphic capabilities will have a lot more potential to look amazing.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Mickeys. Mickeys everywhere.
Also, return of the Mushroom Heartless?

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the Firebird Suite needs to make an appearance in the series. Personally, I want them to save that for KH3 though, that way, the animations and graphic capabilities will have a lot more potential to look amazing.
I'm hoping they bring back a Fantasia world for KH3. I'm surprised they're using it here; although Square seems pretty confident about what they can do with the 3DS, Fantasia really deserves the best treatment possible as one of Disney's true works of art. Then again, it all depends on what pieces of the movie they're using. Right now, it appears that they're focusing on Mickey's past and his time during The Sorcerer's Apprentice. If they limit it to that, they'll have plenty to explore in other installments, preferably with more breathtaking graphical capabilities at hand.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I kinda don't want Chernabog as a world boss. He always seemed grander than any other Disney villain, on a completely higher tier than the rest. In the context of KH I figured he was the alpha heartless, the original pureblood. I mean there's certainly a resemblance between him & the shadows which (given his "cameo" in EotW, an entirely heartless world) is quite possibly intentional.

Though if the plot of SoS is about Mickey causing its downfall to darkness than maybe this could more of a early look at Chernabog in action foreshadowing (no pun intended) to the real showdown at a later point. Kinda like early encounters with Sin in FFX long before you actually fight the thing proper.

Canti

Website
viewtifuljoex.deviantart.com
I'm hoping they bring back a Fantasia world for KH3. I'm surprised they're using it here; although Square seems pretty confident about what they can do with the 3DS, Fantasia really deserves the best treatment possible as one of Disney's true works of art. Then again, it all depends on what pieces of the movie they're using. Right now, it appears that they're focusing on Mickey's past and his time during The Sorcerer's Apprentice. If they limit it to that, they'll have plenty to explore in other installments, preferably with more breathtaking graphical capabilities at hand.

I agree and think having a world based around Fantasia is a great idea, and I was honestly hoping to see one earlier on in the series. Come to think of it, maybe they're introducing the movie in this one (I think one more addition from the film would be nice--I absolutely love The Rite of Spring, and think that's a "big name" part of it, but I can't see that being a world too well) and then in 3 thereafter, they'll used Fantasia 2000, allowing them to go on from there and use the Firebird Suite animation. Maybe they'll make use of another one too; not sure what that would be, but I'd love to see what they'd choose.

Maybe a world that's just there as a means of ambiance, like this?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I kinda don't want Chernabog as a world boss. He always seemed grander than any other Disney villain, on a completely higher tier than the rest. In the context of KH I figured he was the alpha heartless, the original pureblood. I mean there's certainly a resemblance between him & the shadows which (given his "cameo" in EotW, an entirely heartless world) is quite possibly intentional.

Though if the plot of SoS is about Mickey causing its downfall to darkness than maybe this could more of a early look at Chernabog in action foreshadowing (no pun intended) to the real showdown at a later point. Kinda like early encounters with Sin in FFX long before you actually fight the thing proper.

you're over-analyzing the importance of a villain we get no exposition about

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
sleep2.gif

oh boy another "Mickey's magical past" world

who else can't wait for them to skip over everything that isn't related to the Sorceror's Apprentice or Night on Bald Mountain?

Rhapsody in Blue? The hippos and the crocodiles? The Nutcracker Suite in the mushroom forest? The Firebird, or the Rite of Spring?

Doubt they'll appear.

for the record, I LOVE these movies to death. were a part of my childhood.

it just sucks that mickey is the focus
Yeah, I'd love those to appear. But Firebird is Fantasia 2000, so it isn't likely we'll see it here Fantasia locations or not.

Also, I realize why this might focus on The Sorcerer's Apprentice segment, but why would Square bother saying DDD would have all new Disney worlds if this is just Mysterious Tower and add a new name to it if we weren't going nowhere? Also, the chance that this could be a mini-game world supports my thoughts since I doubt that this would be the only segment as it would only be one song. I can easily see Sora and Riku traversing through different segments with the only one they both travel to is Mysterious Tower.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I agree and think having a world based around Fantasia is a great idea, and I was honestly hoping to see one earlier on in the series. Come to think of it, maybe they're introducing the movie in this one (I think one more addition from the film would be nice--I absolutely love The Rite of Spring, and think that's a "big name" part of it, but I can't see that being a world too well) and then in 3 thereafter, they'll used Fantasia 2000, allowing them to go on from there and use the Firebird Suite animation. Maybe they'll make use of another one too; not sure what that would be, but I'd love to see what they'd choose.

Maybe a world that's just there as a means of ambiance, like this?
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'd prefer to see that video in DDD. You know how "dream" worthy that is? And most things in Fantasia are also very surreal and would fit well in DDD. Not that I want DDD to be Fantasia-infested, but Fantasia could work just as well in DDD as it can in KH3 and future titles.

Yeah, I'd love those to appear. But Firebird is Fantasia 2000, so it isn't likely we'll see it here Fantasia locations or not.

Also, I realize why this might focus on The Sorcerer's Apprentice segment, but why would Square bother saying DDD would have all new Disney worlds if this is just Mysterious Tower and add a new name to it if we weren't going nowhere? Also, the chance that this could be a mini-game world supports my thoughts since I doubt that this would be the only segment as it would only be one song. I can easily see Sora and Riku traversing through different segments with the only one they both travel to is Mysterious Tower.

What difference does it make if it is Fantasia or Fantasia 2000?

We don't know how big this new world is, if it is a main world or mini-world. If you haven't noticed, Nomura is using loopholes to have "all new Disney worlds".

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
you're over-analyzing the importance of a villain we get no exposition about

A Disney villain no less and we all know how those have turned out lately. `3`

I feel the need to point out since I've never seen Fantasia, how I used to think Chernabog was an original boss in KH1, lol.

snow_flake40

Awards
...Aaaannnnd now we have Fantasia, yet another world I thought it would be impossible to put in this game. That makes it three in a row, now. My word. I have to say, I love being completely gobsmacked each time a new world is revealed. Aw, I am so constantly excite for this game! :D

Also, amazing new Dream Eater is amazing. I concur with alexis.anagram; it's prolly the Dream Eater equivalent of Mushroom Heartless or those gumball ones from KH2. They look too awesome to be evil. ;~;

I could see this happening:

Sora/Riku walk up to Mysterious Tower. "Sweet, I'm back! I passed the exam!" they might say. They walk in and go up the stairs entering the first floor/room (like where the battles were in KH2). But instead of just a normal room, they are in a area based off a scene from Fantasia. When Dream Eaters appear, they realize they are still in a dream world. They must then make their way to the top of the tower, battling through these different areas on each floor. All the areas could have music heavily featured, like music notes appearing when enemies appear or when you attack/are attacked. When they finally reach the top and open Yen Sid's book, music notes start pouring out, the music turns ominous, the whole room turns black from the flood of music notes, and finally Chernabog rises from the darkness and we must battle him. :) I hope noone has said this already...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Also, amazing new Dream Eater is amazing. I concur with alexis.anagram; it's prolly the Dream Eater equivalent of Mushroom Heartless or those gumball ones from KH2. They look too awesome to be evil. ;~;

Exactly what we all said when Ethy first brought it up yesterday! 8D

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
I really wonder what Riku is saying and why Yen Sid's book is spewing darkness and notes? I'm really getting the impression that it's going to send him to Bald Mountain and the darkness is Chernabog's emitting from his location due to the possible connection of all of the Fantasia scenarios to Mysterious Tower.
...Yeah, I like over-thinking about things like this. I am REALLY hopeful we get to explore places like Bald Mountain and The Dance of Hours!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I really wonder what Riku is saying and why Yen Sid's book is spewing darkness and notes? I'm really getting the impression that it's going to send him to Bald Mountain and the darkness is Chernabog's emitting from his location due to the possible connection of all of the Fantasia scenarios to Mysterious Tower.
...Yeah, I like over-thinking about things like this. I am REALLY hopeful we get to explore places like Bald Mountain and The Dance of Hours!
Yeah you kinda are. I wouldn't expect much from this. It may just be a 15 minute world, or it could be a 3 hour level *laughs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back