• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New V-Jump Scan: Fantasia and Tron: Legacy Featured!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
What doors are you talking about?

Gameplay08.jpg

Rexy

Bronze Member
Nomura said that all Disney worlds would've been new, but here we are, with Tron's world again, this is not my definition of new...

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Nomura said that all Disney worlds would've been new, but here we are, with Tron's world again, this is not my definition of new...

Except that it is a new world, technically, because Space Paranoids =\= The Grid

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Like Waste said, Space Paranoids =/= The Grid.

Space Paranoids was a copy of the ENCOM system in Tron. In Tron: Legacy, Flynn created the Grid and took Tron out of the ENCOM system.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
there's that magic word again

You guys really need to stop. I get it, it feels disappointing, but you have to realize only a handful of worlds have been revealed.

its new, yes, but I know what he means (as in it'll probably feel reeeeallly similar)

Not really. Yes, there are some similarities in style, but both places look vastly different in terms of design.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Does disney castle count as a disney world? its not new

1. "New worlds" can also mean old worlds consisting of entirely new areas like Radiant Garden and Neverland in BBS.
2. We haven't seen gameplay in Disney Castle so I don't think you can really include it yet.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
"New worlds" can also mean old worlds consisting of entirely new areas like Radiant Garden and Neverland in BBS.
From what I can recall, neither of those examples were marketed as all-new worlds, though. They were marketed as returning worlds with new areas, because that's what they are.

Although it really shouldn't be surprising, Nomura pulled a bit of a fast one with this. Calling something "technically" a new world by way of the fact that it's not exactly the same as it was in previous appearances inhabits some really loose reasoning. It's like calling Sora a new character because he got a new outfit. He's not exactly the same as he was before, after all.

Mr Yippie

I think some (myself included) should really just prepare for the worst (aka seven more Mickey worlds), so in that way they won't be disappointed in the future and be really surprised when a cool world pops up

that being said, what else could you see them introducing that's not the most "new"?

Hawaii?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hawaii would be new, though. We've never met Lilo, we've never been to Hawaii, we've never had to deal with the FBI guy, or Stitch's fear of water, Nani, her boyfriend, Pleakley (whose unfinished render was found on BBS' disk), the whole ohana thing.

I would rather like Hawaii in DDD, if only because it would simplify the problem of making it work into the story. Japan also eats Stitch up, so it would be a major selling point to them.

Mr Yippie

Hawaii would be new, though. We've never met Lilo, we've never been to Hawaii, we've never had to deal with the FBI guy, or Stitch's fear of water, Nani, her boyfriend, Pleakley (whose unfinished render was found on BBS' disk), the whole ohana thing.

no idea why they didn't include Pleakley so it would be good to send him in, and Bubbles would be cool to encounter, but at a bare bare bare bones perspective really it just sounds like Neverland with aliens on it

of course it has tons of potential, but so did Fantasia and all we've seen so far is the damn tower again??? so idk (hope they prove me wrong when the other scans come in)

speaking of which, are we going to get two more worlds max because the game launches in march and we get one more article after this, or can we get new info in march as well?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Please, no Hawaii. Lilo & Stitch should not be in this game. If I have to bear it at least make it in KH3.

Please explain your logic. You don't like it, right? You don't seem keen on the world choices made in DDD so far bar a few. So why would you want it on KH3, an extremely hyped game that will be on a home console that will most likely have the best words in the series in it? You'll just complain about it there. Why not have it in DDD and get it over with?

blueheart

Bronze Member
Please explain your logic. You don't like it, right? You don't seem keen on the world choices made in DDD so far bar a few. So why would you want it on KH3, an extremely hyped game that will be on a home console that will most likely have the best words in the series in it? You'll just complain about it there. Why not have it in DDD and get it over with?

I'm actually loving most of the world choices for DDD so far. Traverse Town, Pinocchio's world, Hunchback of Notre Dame. Really looking forward to those. I only dislike Country of Musketeers, and I'm iffy on Tron, but it's seems alright.

I guess I don't have a logic for why I think it should be in KH3. It would just seem to fit better there, to me? It's just a preference*like everybody else's world wish list*. I'd just rather have it in KH3, if I have to go through it. Which I probably will when it shows up and if I want to beat the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back