• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New V-Jump Scan: Fantasia and Tron: Legacy Featured!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Isn't the common Tron: Legacy color black? Some programs wear white, but they usually are special programs. It makes sense Sora is in black since everybody else wears it on the Grid.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Not every single thing Sora wears HAS to be black. He looks absolutely ridiculous in his new Tron outfit.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Not every single thing Sora wears HAS to be black.

KH1 Sora
Young Sora
Atlantica Sora
Limited Form Sora
Prideland Sora
All 4 forms (they had some black in it, but the prominent colors were red, blue, yellow, and white)

Perhaps you were joking...but honestly, I'm glad his outfit isn't white...because it would look like this:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited by a moderator:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Quit whining in general. If the game is released and turns out to be bad (highly unlikely), then you can whine.
The same exact logic could be applied to heaping praise upon a game you have yet to play or experience in full. For that matter, why doesn't everyone just stop talking about the game entirely until it's released because we have no way to be sure about the quality of its material? Quit posting news about it because obviously we can't draw any evaluations of the game from it, therefore having any information regarding the title prior to its release is totally superfluous and pointless.

You know, part of a discussion is that people have, like, different opinions and stuff.

Please, for the time being, this game doesn't have any problems yet.
That's entirely subjective. I'm still not sold on several of the gameplay aspects, the thematic usage of the Realm of Sleep as it has been described or the inclusion of certain Worlds where I feel others may serve the game better. Naturally, these are opinions of mine which are subject to change. However, they are no less valid than any differing opinions you may subscribe to because they are based upon the exact same information.

Obviously, it's too early to make any blanket statements (positive or negative) as to the quality of the game in total, because we don't know the full scope of the game yet. Even so, this entitled mentality which appears to purport that only favorable critique is valid prior to the game's release is nonsense and it inhibits real discussion. Every person is within reason to interpret news about the title as it is released in their own way.

Number Zero

So, am I the only one who notices the room that Riku is in is flooded with water from the brooms?

Nope. Noticed that too.

People keep mentioning Chernabog. I think that's a good idea, another way to make use of the 'flight' ability in the Dream World.

The only thing is, how is Chernabog going to be fought in Yen Sid's tower...?

I think it's a situation where Riku's sucked into the book a la Winnie the Pooh or the Magic Mirror boss fight, he gets pulled into that book emitting darkness and has to fight Chernabog.

In fact I was thinking that there were multiple books that led to various Fantasia locations, similar to the Timeless River's portals, that would add for a twist. Because honestly unless they do more redecorating the 'Symphony of Sorcery' is just a 'redecorated' Mysterious Tower. Or it could be like somebody else said, it could be a minigame world.

Crazy Mario

The One, The Only, Jumpman!
Nope. Noticed that too.

People keep mentioning Chernabog. I think that's a good idea, another way to make use of the 'flight' ability in the Dream World.

The only thing is, how is Chernabog going to be fought in Yen Sid's tower...?

I think it's a situation where Riku's sucked into the book a la Winnie the Pooh or the Magic Mirror boss fight, he gets pulled into that book emitting darkness and has to fight Chernabog.

In fact I was thinking that there were multiple books that led to various Fantasia locations, similar to the Timeless River's portals, that would add for a twist. Because honestly unless they do more redecorating the 'Symphony of Sorcery' is just a 'redecorated' Mysterious Tower. Or it could be like somebody else said, it could be a minigame world.
I thought the same thing. I actually think that book is a composition notebook since Yen Sid's book is on the table and that we'll use it to transept to other Fantasia scenarios. It appears that Riku is going to bald Mountain since the composition book is spewing darkness and Chernabog is a death god and all that jazz. Also, since DDD has "all-new" Disney worlds, I doubt it will just be Mysterious Tower, there's got to be something new. And one new Sorcerer's Apprentice mini-game can't justify a name change.

kupo1121

Awards
I thought the same thing. I actually think that book is a composition notebook since Yen Sid's book is on the table and that we'll use it to transept to other Fantasia scenarios. It appears that Riku is going to bald Mountain since the composition book is spewing darkness and Chernabog is a death god and all that jazz. Also, since DDD has "all-new" Disney worlds, I doubt it will just be Mysterious Tower, there's got to be something new. And one new Sorcerer's Apprentice mini-game can't justify a name change.

Not just that there should be new worlds out of Mysterious Tower, but also, I don't know if they would be able to make a whole Fantasia world based off of just one of the stories in the movie, that seems kind of unfair. I'm quite curious to see how they are going to mesh all the different stories from the movie together because the stories didn't relate to each other at all. Perhaps they might have a room like in Re:Coded which leads to the different stories and Mysterious Tower will be the hub?

Crazy Mario

Not just that there should be new worlds out of Mysterious Tower, but also, I don't know if they would be able to make a whole Fantasia world based off of just one of the stories in the movie, that seems kind of unfair. I'm quite curious to see how they are going to mesh all the different stories from the movie together because the stories didn't relate to each other at all. Perhaps they might have a room like in Re:Coded which leads to the different stories and Mysterious Tower will be the hub?
Who said they all needed to be stories? If this turns out a mini-game world, then we'll travel to each scenario, perform, each song, and gain abilities. If it's a full-fledged world, then we'll just travel to each one, explore with Mickey, and likely just face some of the bosses like Chernabog and the Firebird. I really can't see this world specifically enacting their "stories" though.

kupo1121

Awards
Who said they all needed to be stories? If this turns out a mini-game world, then we'll travel to each scenario, perform, each song, and gain abilities. If it's a full-fledged world, then we'll just travel to each one, explore with Mickey, and likely just face some of the bosses like Chernabog and the Firebird. I really can't see this world specifically enacting their "stories" though.

Each scenario would be one of the different stories I was talking about. What I was curious about is if they are going to use them all or just completely discount some like the Nutcracker in favor of others.

Crazy Mario

Each scenario would be one of the different stories I was talking about. What I was curious about is if they are going to use them all or just completely discount some like the Nutcracker in favor of others.
Well, judging by how big and concentrated Square is on each of these worlds, I actually think it's possible to see most of them used. I can definitely see actually ALL of them being used since they could all fit into areas on a gameplay plane. I expect both Sora and Riku travel to Mysterious Tower and Bald Mountain, but be able to travel to two exclusive scenarios separately since Fantasia has seven songs. Everyone keeps thinking they can't fit these many areas, but they actually have very few rooms. Dance of Hours only has a temple and a field with a fountain, Pastoral just has one big glade, and Rite of Spring just has a desert area with mud pits and dinosaurs. The only places that would have more than two areas are Rite of Spring and Bald Mountain, but the amount of smaller areas from other scenarios would save enough space for them.

Basically, each song is smaller than they appear and Square's dedication to areas in each of DDD"s world gives me hope that they can fit in at least four to six scenarios. The only scenario I can't see being represented is Tocata and Fugue because that's just a bunch of random stuff and not a single trope.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Well, in that case, I hope we get to fight off the harpies... only, y'know, covered.

BTW, considering how it ends on "Ave Maria" would that get put in it? It's only a few bars, but it is religious, but it's critical to the piece since it represents the dawn...

Ikkin

Bronze Member
BTW, considering how it ends on "Ave Maria" would that get put in it? It's only a few bars, but it is religious, but it's critical to the piece since it represents the dawn...

Nomura has a super-obvious thing for Catholicism (why hello there, Advent Children~), so I can imagine him wanting to keep it. I can't really see Disney having much of a problem with it, since Hunchback is already there with its own obvious Catholic imagery...? The bigger issue would be the fact that KH seems to like using its own music for everything, to the point that Night on Bald Mountain wasn't even there in the original JP release of KH1, but there's no reason they couldn't decide to break that tendency, especially since Night on Bald Mountain, This is Halloween, Under The Sea and He's A Pirate are all there in something close to their original forms.

KHHacker6595

I think people forgot that most of these worlds are going to derive from Traverse Town in some way shape or form. The portals to worlds are accessed through Traverse Town as shown in previously released pics. It makes sense considering, Traverse Town seems to playing a big part in this game with the whole The World Ends With You cast being included and the obvious fact that its a world created from other worlds. The world selection in this game seems to be based off of impossible scenarios timeline wise, that would only work in a forgotten dream like state. This fantasia world will most likely be in the Dream Realm, not accessed through Mysterious Tower, but through Traverse Town like all the other 7 dream worlds or how many more there going to end up having.

blueheart

Bronze Member
It's funny that before TGS, I was talking about how I would love to see Traverse Town again with more areas, and then DDD showed it was going to happen. I don't think I'm usually good at predicting things. *I'm probably far from the first that thought of it*

I'm still really happy they're going to have it again. With more explorable areas. :D

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I think people forgot that most of these worlds are going to derive from Traverse Town in some way shape or form. The portals to worlds are accessed through Traverse Town as shown in previously released pics. It makes sense considering, Traverse Town seems to playing a big part in this game with the whole The World Ends With You cast being included and the obvious fact that its a world created from other worlds. The world selection in this game seems to be based off of impossible scenarios timeline wise, that would only work in a forgotten dream like state. This fantasia world will most likely be in the Dream Realm, not accessed through Mysterious Tower, but through Traverse Town like all the other 7 dream worlds or how many more there going to end up having.

The portal to other worlds are all in trnaverser town? Where did you see that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back