• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New user. Are the forums really worth it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bandit_x3

My name is Shannon, I'm 16 in a few days.
I made an account a little while ago but I never really used it, therefore I consider myself brand new.

I just wanted to know if the forums are really worth partaking in. All I've firgured out so far is if you make a tiny mistake people are gonna bitch about you for an entire page. Are there people who are actually going to treat eachother like their not special ed? The last thing I honestly want to do is accidently not know something and get yelled at for not being up to date with everything Kingdom Hearts.

Pretty much I just want to know if its a fair tradeoff, like, if I post here will people be assholes everyday or will the good outweigh the bad I've seen?

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Not if you read all the "Everything We know About" Pinned topics in the Kingdom Hearts sections.

this way you wont be repetivitve in any way, though we take care of those who spazz out when this happens so dont worry about that.

As longs as you read all the FAQ's and the Pinned topics in each section you should be fine, of courese there a few KH elitist so dont mind them one bit.

HeartOfTheHero

i've only been on the forums for about a week now, and i've definitely enjoyed them. I think it's definitely worth it to participate here. If you're not up-to-date on everything KH, it's not a big deal, since there's a lot of people who don't mind too much about trying to explain stuff

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
The forums are most definately worth it, Shannon, once you're able to fit into the groove of things.
And with all due honesty, the only reason that people, as you so eloquently said, "bitch about you for an entire page" is if you do something that either doesn't coincide with the forum rules, or is just plain stupid. But don't worry, every newly joined member faces this sort of thing; I certainly know I did, back in September of 2007.

evil_levi94

Well, people might yell at you for this! How dare you accuse us of such ... just how dare you! SHAME ON YOU, YOU BAD EGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well ... I'm newish and as far as I know I haven't been yelled at. :3 I think for the most part some of the members here are nice, but ... I don't know. I'll probably say something stupid on this forum. I say stupid things. x3

Yeah ... I dunno, just try out the forum and see for yourself! :)
(btw I'm kidding about the bad egg stuff xDD ... o3o)

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
If you are worried about the KH section, your best bet would be to read the stickies to catch up on any missed info and to not make up ridiculous, baseless theories or come up with the same shit everyone has grown tired of. Do that, and follow basic forum guidelines of course, and you should be fine. I mean, you said you saw other people get bitched out, right? Just avoid doing whatever they may have done to cause that and don't make a scene if someone does get angry.

Of course, I'm only assuming this, as I've kept myself out of the KH sections for quite some time. Feel free to venture out of the cesspool anytime though.

LadyofShadow

Captain L.O. Shadow
Avoid certain threads and areas and its pretty fun. Joing an RP is a great way to make new friends and it enhances your writing skills by a lot. And don't post your problems publically cause people just laugh. If you have problems PM the mods or go to the FAQ thread where they delete your post after the problem has been solved. Oh, and I agree with everyone else, avoid the sticky threads.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Well, people might yell at you for this! How dare you accuse us of such ... just how dare you! SHAME ON YOU, YOU BAD EGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is a decent example of how not to post, i.e. as Glaurung said "just plain stupid".

Getting flamed is a normal part of forum life, it's the same on any other forum out there too.

Rather than painfully trying to not get bitched at, you should try to learn dealing with it.
It's really not such a big thing anyway.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
You have your good people, and you have the others who are just plain evil.

Avoid the evil and get to know the good.

When we get on a topic, we can get pretty heated. And sometimes, when the other person is acting really stupid and doesn't stop, I will get irritated and short with them. I don't have much patience.

The forum is worth it, though, because I get to meet a lot of people here, and there are some that I can really consider friends. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

I've never really had anyone be mean to me, because I'm not stupid, I don't post stupid things, and my grammar is fairly correct. That has earned me some respect points in the eyes of others, I'm sure.

There are just some people that you avoid, and others that you don't.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
The best way to avoid getting bitched at is to do research before making theories. If you have reasons for your beliefs, you'll be okay.

And use the search function. Some threads get made so much, it's unbelieveable.

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
My name is Shannon, I'm 16 in a few days.
I made an account a little while ago but I never really used it, therefore I consider myself brand new.

I just wanted to know if the forums are really worth partaking in. All I've firgured out so far is if you make a tiny mistake people are gonna bitch about you for an entire page. Are there people who are actually going to treat eachother like their not special ed? The last thing I honestly want to do is accidently not know something and get yelled at for not being up to date with everything Kingdom Hearts.

Pretty much I just want to know if its a fair tradeoff, like, if I post here will people be assholes everyday or will the good outweigh the bad I've seen?
Well KHI can be good a place, or the rectum of the internet it's your choice of what you make your stay here like.

The Dark Destiny

Hello Shannon. I am kind of late with the welcome but...WELCOME! Don't spam or piss off any of the moderators (especially Silh) and you will be fine.

Message me if you need a friend or any help.

Back