• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New TWEWY countdown website launches

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Update 11/22/20: The countdown website for The World Ends With You has updated with a teaser image of a hand holding a smartphone with a blue square.

Square Enix's 1st PD Twitter has shared the link to a new The World Ends With You countdown website! No other information is known, but the site will open up in 7 days.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Last edited by a moderator:

Blade1587

Awards
According to a twitter post, apparently the square enix 1st development division twitter account posted a link to this website, and not the TWEWY anime twitter account.

I don’t want to raise my expectations too much, but with Nomura teasing he had a game in development for the Switch I’m starting to get really convinced that this might finally be the long awaited sequel

Katsagu

Awards
giphy.gif

Please be a sequel.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Surely it’s to announce the date for the anime? All bets on January for me

Chie

Awards
I'm not sure how it could be anything other than TWEWY2 at this point. Even reusing the same countdown as the mobile port since everyone hoped it would be a sequel back then.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Surely it’s to announce the date for the anime? All bets on January for me

They already have a site for the anime. This was revealed by 1st PD (FF7R and whatnot) so it’s either a new console game, a port to PS4/PC/???, or a mobile game.

I'm not sure how it could be anything other than TWEWY2 at this point. Even reusing the same countdown as the mobile port since everyone hoped it would be a sequel back then.

Af this point they are absolutely trolling us by using an old website design xD

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
@xenosaga7 on Twitter mentioned that, when the countdown transitioned into the next day at zero, the music changed and the site started playing the first 2m30s of this old promo video.

Might have been a test that wasn't supposed to go public, who knows. I should probably check this out later in the day.

Chie

Awards
It's worth mentioning Nomura's comments on the Switch TWEWY if anybody's forgotten.

I’ve had a chance to attend various events in different countries during the 11 years following the release of The World Ends With You. On many occasions, I have been interviewed by both the fans and the media, who have told me how much they want me to make a sequel for The World Ends With You. We’ve been looking for an opportunity, and there were a few times we tried to get it started, but time passed without it ever coming to realisation.

There are a number of implications behind this -Final Remix- version. In addition to my intention of making this my last time working with the original game, I think this is the final chance for creating a path to the next step, which I’ve had ideas about since the first launch 11 years ago. Many thanks to everyone for supporting ongoing efforts.

The Final Remix was the final chance for creating a path to the sequel. As in, there would not be any more chances to make ports to tease things. Of course, Nomura saying this doesn't actually stop a SE exec from saying "let's put that on PS4" or something, but because of that statement I'm pretty certain this can only be the sequel.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
@xenosaga7 on Twitter mentioned that, when the countdown transitioned into the next day at zero, the music changed and the site started playing the first 2m30s of this old promo video.

Might have been a test that wasn't supposed to go public, who knows. I should probably check this out later in the day.

I think the site will show the history of the franchise every day, starting with that promo.

The site is not on accident because SE has changed their social media to TWEWY and they tweeted the site themselves.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
John Vignocchi, head of 3rd Party Portfolio Management at Nintendo, liked SE’s countdown tweet (some of you might remember him from Disney and he was a huge proponent of trying to get KH into Disney Infinity). It’s very possible this is going to be a Switch-related project if he isn’t just liking that as a fan.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Any feel like this countdown is anticlimactic? Like for all we know it could be a Google Stadia port. I don’t see any indication of “Hey! Big TWEWY announcement soon!” which would support the countdown in the first place.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Coincidentally, I was getting urges to replay TWEWY on the Switch, hahaha. If this is a sequel, then I think it's safe to think that it can be released a year from now.

But I wonder if they'll make any gameplay tweaks.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Any feel like this countdown is anticlimactic? Like for all we know it could be a Google Stadia port. I don’t see any indication of “Hey! Big TWEWY announcement soon!” which would support the countdown in the first place.

No, because SE has been doing this recently. As soon as their newest title releases, they jump right into the marketing cycle of their next upcoming title.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I don't want to keep my hopes up but please just give us the sequel.

Vaddix

Awards
This is definitely a direct replay of the iOS port teaser site, isn't it?

I favorited this video ages ago because it had all 7 Days' music tracks, with the new instrument layers adding each day:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This is definitely a direct replay of the iOS port teaser site, isn't it?

I favorited this video ages ago because it had all 7 Days' music tracks, with the new instrument layers adding each day:

Yes, it is definitely a replay of the iOS teaser site and SE knows exactly what they are doing to us by doing this.

Vaddix

Awards
Yes, it is definitely a replay of the iOS teaser site and SE knows exactly what they are doing to us by doing this.

And...what are they doing to us exactly..? I guess the joke is over my head. Either that or it's I tend to not pretend to be a mind-reader or to assume intent, lol.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And...what are they doing to us exactly..? I guess the joke is over my head. Either that or it's I tend to not pretend to be a mind-reader or to assume intent, lol.

Trolling. They know that by using the teaser site they used before, they are trolling the fans. Back when that site initially launched for the iOS port, everybody believed it was for TWEWY 2 and got their hopes up. When the countdown finished and revealed the port, people were very vocally upset but overall still hopeful.

Now that we are 8 years past that event and have experience many teaser sites, the tables have turned. The site is the exact same one with a few differences, but now fans are hesitant about it being TWEWY 2.

It’s classic trolling through inverted expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back