• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New to the whole thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

jeeves_p

Hello all,
Just installing the All-In-One package right now, having picked it up a bit on a whim, and after reading up a bit on the series (I played the first kingdom hearts when it initially launched and never got past the first act of the game, I do not know why, I just never did) I have realised how much I missed. I am more than excited to truly comb through the Kingdom Hearts experience bit by bit, each game in order. I am looking forward to seeing the magnitudes of meanings, the constant reminders of how the relationship to each other, simulated realities, and pop culture all seamlessly tie into our understanding of our past, present, and future. I at least want to understand why Kingdom Hearts III was so hated by everyone I have spoken to.

I am utterly new to the entirety of the series, of the entirety of the lifestyle. I am excited to begin this encounter and looking forward to learning all I can from here (both the game series as well as this website specifically).

Anyway, just saying hello to everyone here, send me cool links/videos/guides/analysis pieces I should be checking out, I am ready and eager to learn!

Veevee

Awards
Hi jeeves,
it's always great when people pick up KH, so I wish you the best of fun! I'd really advise you play KH2 before watching 358 / 2 Days, that's the original order they had and I think it makes you appreciate both games more. Also, 0.2 before Back Cover.

I don't really have intelligent stuff to recommend, but I think the KH spoofs of jojo56830 on DeviantArt are hilarious! Check them out when you feel more familiar with the games, I laughed my bottom off with some of them. Other than that, the Youtuber Just a Pancake has done some KH shitposting in the past, I like most of his videos, but they're not everyone's cup of tea.

Don't get discouraged if you don't get everything in the games at first glance - even though some people tend to deny it, the games are sometimes over-complicated and can get really confusing. You're in the right forum here for questions, so enjoy yourself and have a great time. :)

Back