• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New screenshots, Mickey and Kairi renders for Melody of Memory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Another wave of screenshots and renders have been released for KINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory! Check out the new renders for Mickey and Kairi, and take a look at more gameplay and the main menu variations for each party!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

SweetYetSalty

Awards
This game can't come fast enough. Everything looks cool, especially Mickey changing outfits with the teams he teams up with. Highly creative. I already said I liked Kairi's render but I'll say it again, Kairi looks great. Hope she is playable in her starring game. I wanna see her KH3 outfit fighting in old style. I can't wait to play all the teams.

My only complaint with this is how dare they show Team BBS doing the happy Excellent score but switch Terra with Mickey? I want happy and jumping Terra already!

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Is it wrong that I kinda want to see some of the KH3 scenes in the Melody of Memory renders? They are all just so clean, I love them. RAX have never looked better then they do right now on the clock tower, and ATV look down right yummy standing in Land of Departure. Kairi's render sold me on wanting to see it.

Swing

Awards
Finally! I wonder if we can play her in her original design just as with Sora.

Katsagu

Awards
Can't wait for that final song and then a popup appears "Kairi unlocked" and she is just alone going from note to note not needing a team like a badass.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Is she fricken playable or is she NOT? We still don't have a screen of her in action. Jesus Christ I'm on the edge of my seat.

Flip a coin - if she's revealed as playable then I will NOT get a PS5 and instead I'll get MoM day one. If she IS revealed as not playable then I'm getting a PS5 day one and AoC

Katsagu

Awards
Is she fricken playable or is she NOT? We still don't have a screen of her in action. Jesus Christ I'm on the edge of my seat.

Flip a coin - if she's revealed as playable then I will NOT get a PS5 and instead I'll get MoM day one. If she IS revealed as not playable then I'm getting a PS5 day one and AoC

I would find it very weird if they made her model from scratch and not have her be playable in the end.

I'm on team playable for sure. It just makes no sense for her not to be.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I would find it very weird if they made her model from scratch and not have her be playable in the end.

I'm on team playable for sure. It just makes no sense for her not to be.
Like you said earlier, she might be unlocked after the final song. This game looks like it'll have several replay value and missions to do. Maybe she'll have KH3 Sora and Riku as her party members with her leading the melody attack.

Cumguardian69

Awards
Well my problem with this is that they have precedent for doing something of the sort, where she is playable*. You see, Re:Mind did the same thing when they introduced new renders for Sora (Nomura: this is how Sora appears in the Secret Episode), Kairi/Roxas/Riku, and so on. Turns out, those were all one offs without true gameplay depth. Kairi couldn't airstep, Roxas had no focus gauge and actually lost certain attacks from his NPC version + couldnt shotlock or airstep, Riku oddly couldn't airstep, Aqua couldn't airstep.

I know indieszero has done a great job with this game but christ alive I just want Our Girl to get done justice.

*in a one off scenario

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well my problem with this is that they have precedent for doing something of the sort, where she is playable*. You see, Re:Mind did the same thing when they introduced new renders for Sora (Nomura: this is how Sora appears in the Secret Episode), Kairi/Roxas/Riku, and so on. Turns out, those were all one offs without true gameplay depth. Kairi couldn't airstep, Roxas had no focus gauge and actually lost certain attacks from his NPC version + couldnt shotlock or airstep, Riku oddly couldn't airstep, Aqua couldn't airstep.

I know indieszero has done a great job with this game but christ alive I just want Our Girl to get done justice.

*in a one off scenario
The only new renders for Re Mind were for Sora and the RG gang.

Katsagu

Awards

*in a one off scenario

But applying a playable kairi to KH3 has a whole would mean a lot more than just giving her basic combos and such. Kairi as she is (or roxas, riku and aqua for that matter) would not work for the full game. They were made and balanced specifically for those one off fights.

This I feel is a bit different. If you have a character made that works in one stage it will work in all the others. The only exception I feel is those boss stages, and even then I feel the effort would be minimal to get it to work there, considering the only animation I've seen there not in the normal stages is a roll.

The only thing I can see that means she is not playable, is that she is alone, and teams are pre-made, so you can't just slot her in one of them.

cakito123

Awards
Kairi about to be playable!!!!! I can't believe they actually remade her on the old style! Love the render so goddamn much.

I was honestly accepting the fact whe wouldn't be playable but now I have my doubts!
Not trying to cut the vibe here, but she can stilll just be a party member in the worlds where she makes sense (KH2's Nobody Castle, KH3 Keyblade War). I hope I'm wrong tho, I wish in the end we play as her for about 3 songs at least...

Is it wrong that I kinda want to see some of the KH3 scenes in the Melody of Memory renders? They are all just so clean, I love them. RAX have never looked better then they do right now on the clock tower, and ATV look down right yummy standing in Land of Departure. Kairi's render sold me on wanting to see it.

Is it wrong part of me kinda wishes they never transitioned to the new Unreal 4 visuals? I always loved this old style, Unreal's is beautiful but I think is too much different from the old version - I think they could just smoothen up these models so the characters can look less square-y... But I wouldn't even mind if that was not the case haha

Back