• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Screens at Gamespot

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Some reason? Are you serious? Have you SEEN Peter Pan? Do you know what American settlers did to the Indians? Do you have any idea how pissed off they are at white people? If you've seen the movie you would know the increadibley racist potrayal they made of them. Hell they might be offended at the inaccuracy of a tipi or something.

Oh wait you're from Australia. Well, anyway, there was a thing called a "genocide" in the 1800's and early 1900's here in America and we practically wiped out all the natives and destroyed their culture. Except for some survived and they are very very angry at us and also American censors are sensitive to that sort of thing.

Just because I'm from another country doesn't mean that I don't know of the stuff that went on in America. I merely forgot why people were wondering if it was going to be taken out. And I have seen the movie, just not for a veeeeery long time.

Last edited:

Pestilence

Awards
And I think Aladdin should be removed cause we europeans killed bunch of muslims in the middle ages and we westerners are using theyr culture as a base on a childrens cartoon.

Why would any namerican with any brains get angry for there being tipis from a childrens movie? And i dont remember anything being really racist about the peter pan movie. They are just harmless caricatures the same way the crows in Dumbo are for black people and Lumiere is for french people.

God I hate over the top political correctiness.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Just because I'm from another country doesn't mean that I don't know of the stuff that went on in America. I merely forgot why people were wondering if it was going to be taken out. And I have seen the movie, just not for a veeeeery long time.

oh my gosh you're from australia?!?!?!?

has kh2 even released over there yet?!?!

do you guys ride kangaroos to school

/sarcasm

the same way the crows in Dumbo are for black people

omg hahahaha

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
okay, look. I don't want this to turn into anything bad. I was just saying that it's good that they are gonna keep the Indian campsite in the game.

oh my gosh you're from australia?!?!?!?

has kh2 even released over there yet?!?!

do you guys ride kangaroos to school

/sarcasm

bahahahahahahahahahaha. That reminds me of that facebook group xD

Pestilence

Awards
Since Lexaeus seems to be so underwhelming member in orgxii maybe he should have been replaced with a member that has australian acccent, uses a bumerang as a weapon and has the element of eucalyptus at his disposal.

Does this make me ''racist''?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
*Sigh* I really hate the racism topic... heck most of the claims against racism are flat-out stupid. This idiot walks up to me asks "do you like tacos?" I say "ya" then he asks "do you like burritos" and I say "no" and he says "OMG YOU'RE RACIST AGAINST MEXICANS!!!"

Really, let's just drop this annoying topic. -_-

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
ooooo so pretty ♥. Makes me even more excited for BBS after the 30 second trailer was released on the PSN store this morning

A few days, actually. You wanna check every thursday or friday.

And I believe an "Indian Campsite" is called a "Tribal Village".

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Some reason? Are you serious? Have you SEEN Peter Pan? Do you know what American settlers did to the Indians? Do you have any idea how pissed off they are at white people? If you've seen the movie you would know the increadibley racist potrayal they made of them. Hell they might be offended at the inaccuracy of a tipi or something.

Oh wait you're from Australia. Well, anyway, there was a thing called a "genocide" in the 1800's and early 1900's here in America and we practically wiped out all the natives and destroyed their culture. Except for some survived and they are very very angry at us and also American censors are sensitive to that sort of thing.

Ummm, what did you associate Indians with when YOU were a kid? It is a CHILD"S portrayal of Indians. What you're describing is called a "Stereotype", which is an association or generalization of a group of people with a particular behavior, or a set of behaviors, exaggerated for gentle poking fun of. actual Racism is hatred towards a group of people. I dont recall the Indian scene in Peter Pan one born of pure hatred. As I said, it's a child's idea of Native Americans. in all honesty, you should be more offended everytime someone says "that's so gay" because they mean "stupid", "dumb", etc because that IS racism in principal. And contrary to belief, Walt Disney had black animators and mexican animators and animators of different ethnicities, races, etc. Oh, and if you knew anything of his movies, he had more balls than the studio did in the 90s.

Everything else involving NAs, I dont disagree with you. they at least still have some settlements. when you think about it, it's always the white man that does all the wrong things, mostly because we have the most people.

And frankly, American censors.........? I've seen episodes of Smallville that discussed the matter, and history channel docs that show it.

s1smackdown

Last edited:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
And I think Aladdin should be removed cause we europeans killed bunch of muslims in the middle ages and we westerners are using theyr culture as a base on a childrens cartoon.

Why would any namerican with any brains get angry for there being tipis from a childrens movie? And i dont remember anything being really racist about the peter pan movie. They are just harmless caricatures the same way the crows in Dumbo are for black people and Lumiere is for french people.

God I hate over the top political correctiness.

"Childrens'"?

Your credibility just went down a notch.

Anyway, the peak of ridiculous debates on racism comes with a certain Disney movie called Song Of The South.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
^next time, just edit your post instead of double posting.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Anyway, the peak of ridiculous debates on racism comes with a certain Disney movie called Song Of The South.

I thought that was REALLY stupid for them to remove that movie. Heck, they even still have the ride up on Disneyland and little kids aren't going to know what the heck the ride is referencing.

But seriously, why is this debate still going on? The topic is about BBS screenshots not racism.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
In the 1950's that was everyone's potrayal of Indians, except Indians, sorry. The point is that Indians are still pissed that we're living on their land that we stole and killed most of them and most of their culture destroyed. Now they live on shitty "reservations" where they don't even really have a chance to be succesful. It's come back to haunt us because it's a sensitive topic in America now and if ANY Indian takes offense it turns into a lawsuit. Take a wild guess at who is going to win?

I may not understand much about Indians and their culture, but I do understand that they're angry and that it could be entirely possible that the American version could edit a part like that. I don't think they show any actual Indian characters do they? Do they lost boys and Peter smoke the Peace Pipe? Of course that would also be a drug/alchohol issue as well. If it's a simple a group of tipis with a campfire I don't think there's much to edit.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
In the 1950's that was everyone's potrayal of Indians, except Indians, sorry. The point is that Indians are still pissed that we're living on their land that we stole and killed most of them and most of their culture destroyed. Now they live on pooty "reservations" where they don't even really have a chance to be succesful. It's come back to haunt us because it's a sensitive topic in America now and if ANY Indian takes offense it turns into a lawsuit. Take a wild guess at who is going to win?

I may not understand much about Indians and their culture, but I do understand that they're angry and that it could be entirely possible that the American version could edit a part like that. I don't think they show any actual Indian characters do they? Do they lost boys and Peter smoke the Peace Pipe? Of course that would also be a drug/alchohol issue as well. If it's a simple a group of tipis with a campfire I don't think there's much to edit.

Um no, you never see the indians in the game it's just a location that's all.
But why would it matter anyway? Even if they did put the indians in there, I don't see why there needs to be a pointless racism discussion. I mean, that's like saying that it was racist for them to put Mulan in Kingdom Hearts because they were all Chinese. The whole racism topic in general is just stupid and causes nothing but offense really.
Again, why is that topic still going on? Is it honestly going to be a major plot-line whether or not there's indians in the game? No!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So, can we get back on topic now? How about we save the racism discussion for a more relevant thread?

Anyways, I've said this a few pages ago, but Terra's face here just makes me laugh 8D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wish his face was more of a "She's a MILF' face. Odd, but I would have found it funnier :p

Last edited:

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
i think his hair is pretty cool.
you know, it defies gravity and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back