• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Re:coded Screenshots from Kingdom Hearts 2.5!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

To follow up on yesterday's spread from the latest issue of Famitsu Weekly, Square Enix has uploaded a batch of 17 high quality screenshots featuring the cinematic cutscenes of Kingdom Hearts Re:coded. You can view all of them below and in our gallery.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX will be released on December 2 in North America and December 5 in Europe. You can preorder the limited edition that comes with an official Disney Trading Pin at the online Square Enix store and Amazon.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3!

SourceSquare Enix Blog

limit

It saddens me that some of the scenes still use the default faces instead of cutscene expressions, from the looks of it. I guess it's fine, still heavily looking forward to this.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Can't wait for that scene near the end where Namine explains about the "hurt" and the people who need saving. I got the gist of that scene when I played Re:coded, but to this day I'm still a bit confused. Hopefully, now that it's getting a full cutscene, it'll be easier to follow.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
This is gonna be awesome! Hopefully it's a lot more like a movie than Days was. I could use me a Coded movie!
I always thought of Data Sora as his own character, too. I feel like he shares Sora's personality and face, but makes decisions and acts slightly different. But they're both VERY accepting of crazy situations, that's for sure!

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Can't wait for that scene near the end where Namine explains about the "hurt" and the people who need saving. I got the gist of that scene when I played Re:coded, but to this day I'm still a bit confused. Hopefully, now that it's getting a full cutscene, it'll be easier to follow.

Where ya' stuck at? Namine came across Ven's memories in Sora's heart during the reconstruction and it made her realize that Sora's heart connected to people in a closer way than she realized and that those people, (Roxas, Xion, Axel, Aqua, Terra, and Ventus...and ultimately herself) All had to make sacrifices to ensure that Sora was exactly who he is and Namine didn't want it to be in vain, if there was a way to undo all the hurt Namine caused, letting Sora in on everyone connected to him was doing that tenfold.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Where ya' stuck at? Namine came across Ven's memories in Sora's heart during the reconstruction and it made her realize that Sora's heart connected to people in a closer way than she realized and that those people, (Roxas, Xion, Axel, Aqua, Terra, and Ventus...and ultimately herself) All had to make sacrifices to ensure that Sora was exactly who he is and Namine didn't want it to be in vain, if there was a way to undo all the hurt Namine caused, letting Sora in on everyone connected to him was doing that tenfold.

Let me see if I can work it out by typing it. I tend to get things as I explain them to myself.

So, Namine finds Ven's memories while putting Sora's back in the correct order. She finds all the people who are hurting and realizes they need to be saved. However, she can't tell Sora this, cause he's asleep and even once he's awake, he won't remember her or have any idea what she's talking about. So, she uses Jiminy's Journal and puts data of herself with said knowledge into the "Their hurting will be mended..." entry.
She does this with the hope that one day, they will discover the message, realize that Jiminy didn't write it, and go into the data world, where they will then repair the damage to the Journal that Namine caused during the events of CoM. And once the journal is complete, they get to the end and find Namine's message and then she tells them that said memories of pain she found are inside of the real Sora's heart and that he has to awaken said memories in order to save them. However, if he does this without preparation, it could essentially kill him, due to the pain.

And that's where I get stuck. Data Sora learned how to deal with "hurt", not the real Sora. So, how is real Sora going to call those memories to the surface if Data Sora is the one who learned how to handle those memories? I mean, I get that the point of Re:coded was to restore the Journal, which they did, so it wasn't all in vain. But still. That message was intended so that Sora would learn how to handle hurt and save all those people. But Data Sora learned it, not real Sora. So, how exactly does that work?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And that's where I get stuck. Data Sora learned how to deal with "hurt", not the real Sora. So, how is real Sora going to call those memories to the surface if Data Sora is the one who learned how to handle those memories? I mean, I get that the point of Re:coded was to restore the Journal, which they did, so it wasn't all in vain. But still. That message was intended so that Sora would learn how to handle hurt and save all those people. But Data Sora learned it, not real Sora. So, how exactly does that work?

This was when King Mickey was supposed to step in and warn Sora, but he didn't get the chance to do it properly because of the imminent threat of Xehanort and having to rush Sora & Riku through their Mark of Mastery exam.

Because Sora tried to deal with their pain while trapped in that dream within a dream the true Organization XIII put him in, he essentially caused a self-fulfilling prophecy to occur by doing the very thing Namine was trying to avoid.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Let me see if I can work it out by typing it. I tend to get things as I explain them to myself.

So, Namine finds Ven's memories while putting Sora's back in the correct order. She finds all the people who are hurting and realizes they need to be saved. However, she can't tell Sora this, cause he's asleep and even once he's awake, he won't remember her or have any idea what she's talking about. So, she uses Jiminy's Journal and puts data of herself with said knowledge into the "Their hurting will be mended..." entry.
She does this with the hope that one day, they will discover the message, realize that Jiminy didn't write it, and go into the data world, where they will then repair the damage to the Journal that Namine caused during the events of CoM. And once the journal is complete, they get to the end and find Namine's message and then she tells them that said memories of pain she found are inside of the real Sora's heart and that he has to awaken said memories in order to save them. However, if he does this without preparation, it could essentially kill him, due to the pain.

It was the goal that Mickey would tell the real Sora about what happened. Namine says so herself "pass along the things that you've seen and that you've felt."

Ninja'd, but yes that's basically it.

Thankfully Sora's friends were there to help him.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
This was when King Mickey was supposed to step in and warn Sora, but he didn't get the chance to do it properly because of the imminent threat of Xehanort and having to rush Sora & Riku through their Mark of Mastery exam.

Because Sora tried to deal with their pain while trapped in that dream within a dream the true Organization XIII put him in, he essentially caused a self-fulfilling prophecy to occur by doing the very thing Namine was trying to avoid.

Ah, yes. I always forget about the fact that Re:coded is the cause of Mickey's letter to Sora, and about that one scene in DDD.

Antar

Awards
It saddens me that some of the scenes still use the default faces instead of cutscene expressions, from the looks of it. I guess it's fine, still heavily looking forward to this.

Which ones are the default faces? I'm not good at identifying them.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
These faces right here.

KHRecoded_E16.jpg

Notice how flat and expressionless those faces look compared to...

This one

KHRecoded_E12.jpg

ChibiHearts249

Awards
@Antar: Here's a full list, too; if you want a closer look!

From top left slowly down row-by-row to bottom right:
(Default or Nice)

#1 Genie: Nice
#2 All 3: Nice
#3 Cards: Default
#4 Alice + Sora: Nice
#5 Sora + Herc: Nice - Cloud: Default
#6 Cerberus: Nice
#7 Sora: Nice
#8 All 4: Nice
#9 Donald + Goofy: Nice
#10 Both: Nice
#11 Riku: Nice
#12 Both: Nice
#13 Both: Nice
#14 Sora + Mickey: Nice - Axel: can't tell
#15 Naminé: Nice
#16 Wakka + Tidus + Selphie: Default
#17 Sora: Nice

Default faces are also commonly called "fish faces"

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Axel's face is rendered. It's hard to see, but it's not a fish face, that's for sure.

limit

@Antar: Here's a full list, too; if you want a closer look!

From top left slowly down row-by-row to bottom right:
(Default or Nice)

#1 Genie: Nice
#2 All 3: Nice
#3 Cards: Default
#4 Alice + Sora: Nice
#5 Sora + Herc: Nice - Cloud: Default
#6 Cerberus: Nice
#7 Sora: Nice
#8 All 4: Nice
#9 Donald + Goofy: Nice
#10 Both: Nice
#11 Riku: Nice
#12 Both: Nice
#13 Both: Nice
#14 Sora + Mickey: Nice - Axel: can't tell
#15 Naminé: Nice
#16 Wakka + Tidus + Selphie: Default
#17 Sora: Nice

Default faces are also commonly called "fish faces"

Ahh yes, forgot about the "fish face" term :p
I guess I misread some of the faces, because this list doesn't seem all so bad. For example, Sora's mouth looks a little weird in the Herc + Cloud screen. Could always be my Terrable computer screen.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Ahh yes, forgot about the "fish face" term :p
I guess I misread some of the faces, because this list doesn't seem all so bad. For example, Sora's mouth looks a little weird in the Herc + Cloud screen. Could always be my Terrable computer screen.
Yup! Trust me: My device has excellent zoom-in! Axel just seems a little fuzzy (probly all that white fluff everywhere), but I can see him having a "Nice" face.

And...do I smell a pun?

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Oh, precious babies...

Even the default faces look good when compared to what we're used to.

Gram

Banned
Awards
They all look so amazing but for some reason this one stands out to me the most:

KHRecoded_E10.jpg

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
They all look so amazing but for some reason this one stands out to me the most:

KHRecoded_E10.jpg

Those new data doors are really awesome. They really stepped up their game with this movie. I only wish Days had gotten a treatment like this from the start, but Re:coded deserves it regardless. It's the most neglected of the KH entries, despite how important it is to the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back