• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Re:coded Screenshots from Kingdom Hearts 2.5!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Those new data doors are really awesome. They really stepped up their game with this movie. I only wish Days had gotten a treatment like this from the start, but Re:coded deserves it regardless. It's the most neglected of the KH entries, despite how important it is to the story.
HD Coded really puts into perspective just how poorly HD Days was treated.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
HD Coded really puts into perspective just how poorly HD Days was treated.

That's what I mean. The Days cinematics were like watching a glorified YouTube cutscene compilation, whereas this is shaping up to be more like an actual film. I'm still frowning internally that the fight between Roxas and Saix was removed from Days, and that there was absolutely no transition from Xion's final battle scene to her death scene. Even if that battle between Roxas and Xion had been the only actual battle in the scenes, it would have been worth it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
That's what I mean. The Days cinematics were like watching a glorified YouTube cutscene compilation, whereas this is shaping up to be more like an actual film. I'm still frowning internally that the fight between Roxas and Saix was removed from Days, and that there was absolutely no transition from Xion's final battle scene to her death scene. Even if that battle between Roxas and Xion had been the only actual battle in the scenes, it would have been worth it.
THAT. THAT TIMES A MILLION.

It was my FAVORITE part of Days. I loved trying to escape TWTNW as Roxas and that fight was the most fun I had during the entire game. Ugh.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
THAT. THAT TIMES A MILLION.

It was my FAVORITE part of Days. I loved trying to escape TWTNW as Roxas and that fight was the most fun I had during the entire game. Ugh.

Me too! The escape from the tower was the most adrenaline filled part of the game and yet in the movie he just kinda... walks off. I almost wish they'd go back and re-do the Days movie, but that's asking far too much, considering the work they've already put in to bring us these collections anyway.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Me too! The escape from the tower was the most adrenaline filled part of the game and yet in the movie he just kinda... walks off. I almost wish they'd go back and re-do the Days movie, but that's asking far too much, considering the work they've already put in to bring us these collections anyway.

They couldn't do it anyways because of KH3 :(

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I like KHI because I feel as though a lot of us share the same sentiments about KH3, lol.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
And by that, you mean that if Square were to say "Kingdom Hearts III in 2018" we'd say "Okay cool. Take your time"? Cause as far as I'm concerned, KH3 can take as long as it needs.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Exactly. We've seen how KH3 has negatively affected other games in the series, which makes me fear for KH3 itself.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm not too worried. The casual fanbase might be airheaded, but Nomura is smart. He and the team will deliver for sure. I have yet to play a KH game that I wouldn't give a 10 and even the little we've seen of KH3 looks really promising.

limit

Yup! Trust me: My device has excellent zoom-in! Axel just seems a little fuzzy (probly all that white fluff everywhere), but I can see him having a "Nice" face.

And...do I smell a pun?

Haha yes, it was a pun.
Alright, I do trust you. Thanks for the list by the way, it was nice having some perspective.

Re:coded deserves it regardless. It's the most neglected of the KH entries, despite how important it is to the story.

I love this community. Anywhere else I see KH, Re:coded usually gets turned down because it doesn't add anything, so it's always a joy seeing one of my favorite games in the series not get bashed. Heck, I've seen people say it's exactly like KH1, which I don't even understand :/

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I love this community. Anywhere else I see KH, Re:coded usually gets turned down because it doesn't add anything, so it's always a joy seeing one of my favorite games in the series not get bashed. Heck, I've seen people say it's exactly like KH1, which I don't even understand :/

It's because the casual fanbase jumps to conclusions. People don't see a number next to the title and assume it's unimportant. Then, they see the not-KH2 Sora and assume it's a repeat of KH1. It happened with CoM, Coded, and DDD. I even remember a facebook comment for 1.5 saying "How many times are you guys going to keep rereleasing the first game?" I was like um... this is the only other time they've ever rereleased it. Technically the first, since it was Final Mix too.

limit

It's because the casual fanbase jumps to conclusions. People don't see a number next to the title and assume it's unimportant. Then, they see the not-KH2 Sora and assume it's a repeat of KH1. It happened with CoM, Coded, and DDD. I even remember a facebook comment for 1.5 saying "How many times are you guys going to keep rereleasing the first game?" I was like um... this is the only other time they've ever rereleased it. Technically the first, since it was Final Mix too.

Oh god, even DDD... I didn't think it was THAT bad. I mean, I guess CoM and coded are understandable, but DDD, that's just disgusting.
Actually, I think I've seen a similar comment, I had the same reaction. Oh well, I guess.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I love Re:Coded! Sure, the game play itself is not as fun on the DS, and it can be hard on the control pad in the long run, but Days was the same way. My favorite gameplay-wise HAS to be 3D. It actually probably my favorite, though I couldn't tell you WHY exactly ^_^'

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Overall, my favorites are 1, 2, and BBS. But, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the heck out of Re:coded. The gameplay was incredible. It was just a ton of fun. And the soundtrack added to it too. And omg that final boss was insanely hard, as it should be. KH games are more satisfying when they're difficult. Hence why BBS is so much fun. That Terra-Xehanort fight on critical mode is going to be the death of me when 2.5 is released. I could barely pull it off on Proud mode -.-

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
But the main point of coded gets picked up again at the end of DDD, which makes the whole game a bit pointless in my opinion even if I really liked the gameplay. I'm really hoping some of the story's odd bits get ironed out in the movie (e.g. Pete & Maleficent).

Anyway, I think the screenshots are gorgeous, especially this one is nightmare fuel:
KHRecoded_E09.jpg

"You can't escape Sora, we will get you."

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Anyway, I think the screenshots are gorgeous, especially this one is nightmare fuel:
KHRecoded_E09.jpg

"You can't escape Sora, we will get you."
Ever since I first saw this image I've been trying to figure out how Goofy is doing that and more importantly why Donald took his hat off.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
and more importantly why Donald took his hat off.

I bet you Donald's going to stick his head through, then Goofy will just above him, knocking the hat off. Which is stunning to me, because I'm pretty sure game developers think clothing is attached to the body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back