• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Pic

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
I'm a bit rusty...but it's been a while since i touched up on anything...so something new from me. I'm not dead yet, lol

4kjn91.jpg

ok sunny

Awards
That is really wonderful! I'm interested in the way you made the shading and lighting contrast to give it a royal or vintage image with a gloomy vibe.
That's definitely an inspiring work of art (I'm an aspiring artist), so I'll take this into consideration when I draw.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
thanks. I didn't think to add the crow at first. This pic could have been a lot smoother had i inked it....but i get so impatient when posting pictures.
Smoothness is for looooooosers

No but I love your shading, always have. The backlight makes this look borderline angelic, it's kinda hard to look away from it.

Shasta

Awards
It's silky and smooth just like my coffee in the mornings. One thing I do admire about this, it's the way that the crow doesn't take away from the rest of the image. What I mean is that, even though it's there, the focus is still on the woman as it more than likely should be. I commend you on that.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
thanks so much guys...i think y'all are a bit more detailed on the work than i am. I just draw a picture with no more intent of anything but dwelling in a passion.

yes i have a link to the rest of my work...but i kinda just separated from it i guess.

http://forums.khinsider.com/traditional-media/166515-little-pass-time-pen-paper.html

Maybe i'll do a bit more in the future. I just get a little busy these days :-(

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Very nice picture. Great work on the shading. It really creates this cool lighting effect. I can't tell, but was the sketch touched up in PS or something? Certain areas by her hair and earring have an immense glow. Of coarse, that can be achieved without image editing, I just wanted to know. There are definitely some anatomy proportions that I'm having issues with (particularly the nose / eyebrow bone), but overall lovely picture.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
you're right, those are some anatomical gripes i had when finishing this picture. Problem is i originally had her facing forward instead of at an angle, so when i tried to reapply certain details, there was a few things that i just couldn't get right no matter how many times i try. So instead of making visible erase marks and scrapping it, i just kept the end results out of sheer laziness.

Yes i use grey scaling techniques in PS or any image editing devices in order to visibly acquire certain glow effects for value purposes. In all honesty, having paper to utilize the technique would be a million times better, but i like to use what's around me, so i don't make the effort to really stretch on stuff that might add a small difference to my work.

That's just me though. I just use the bare minimum most of the time....pencil, pen, eraser, Q-tips (no specific brand)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back